• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saving Darmanitan From the Bell! (667)

Torpoleon

I thought the episode was decent, but not the best. wind21 is right about how slow-paced it is, but we did get 7 straight episodes of awesomeness. It was nice seeing the whole Darumaka Line in on sitting though, as well as some Pidove action.
6/10

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Nice to see Darumaka and Darmanitan, although I only cared for the latter.

AmericanPi

Write on
I was just kind of annoyed that Ash had to all that stuff to the hook. Really, Ash? What's the point of heating up that hook, then cooling it off again?

I really like the part when Cilan said, "You and Iris are a lot like each other!" and Ash and Iris got really mad. It reminds me so much of Kanto... ahh... the good old days...

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I quite like this episode because it is a nice change of pace compared to the episode we have had previously. Its nicely placed and it gives us all a break in a way from the main storylines and it allows us to enjoy an episode which just shows pokemon being pokemon.

Not much to say about this episode but when pikachu and oshawott face the two darumaka does this technically mean we saw our first double wild battle? As those darumaka were wild afterall.

I was just kind of annoyed that Ash had to all that stuff to the hook. Really, Ash? What's the point of heating up that hook, then cooling it off again?

That's quite simple, Ash heated the metal hook so that it could be molded back into it's proper shape, and after molding it the water was to cool it down so that it would be safe to touch.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
That's quite simple, Ash heated the metal hook so that it could be molded back into it's proper shape, and after molding it the water was to cool it down so that it would be safe to touch.

So after 14 years our hero finally uses his brain.

Except that he's done this stuff before......

True, one episode he had to escape from a cage, so he kept blasting it with flamethrower and water gun to weaken the bars, then destroy it. It was in Johto, I forgot what ep.

Then again, Pokemon isn't known for logic >_>

P0kelegend

I liked it. I didn't like Darmanitan at all from what I could see in the games, but the anime made me like it. Looks much better on the anime.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I heard Darmanitan's Japanese voice with the Darumaka while they are laughing after Ash says, "And as for you too, no more stealing food ok?"

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
"A cappuccino. Make it rocket fast." Best line of Black and White so far. Jessie always gets the best lines.

I liked this episode, which is a surprise, because I didn't like it in japanese.

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
OMG. dar-man-i-tan. I've been reading it wrong this whole time calling it dar-man-ti-an. I feel so stupid...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Sadly I slept in when this episode aired yesterday morning, but besides that point.

This was a neat episode, definitely a good break from the main story and exploring the surroundings of the new series.

I did catch Jessie's line for that cuppacino. I thought it was pretty silly she added "make it Rocket fast". Not to be oblivious, but it sounded like that waiter and the dark suited woman were a part of that ploy to get the trio their report in the end. :p Something like that lol.

I also enjoyed Ash and Iris' reactions to Cilan saying "you two are a lot like each other". By yelling "YOURE SAYING I ACT LIKE HIM?!". Ah the love lol. It sure does feel like Kanto again.

The Darumaka and Darmanitan were pretty neat to see in the anime. The two Darumaka were adorable yet devious for their reason to take other peoples' food. Darmanitan's Zen Mode was a total beast, especially using Physhic to keep the bell from falling and crushing the Clock Tower. Until I saw the Standard Mode, the Pokemon just got more awesome. The anime did give it some good justice.

About the part where Darmanitan used Psychic on Ash and Pikachu to levitate them, in order to put the hook back up around the bell. While they were looking for a ladder originally, and this happened instead, I thought "Who needs ladders when you can levitate! The future is here!"

Anyway, good episode this week. A nice approach to the Unova saga, and good times were had yet again. I so look forward to next weeks.

SilverLugiaJ

Insert clever title
I liked it. I didn't like Darmanitan at all from what I could see in the games, but the anime made me like it. Looks much better on the anime.

Haha yes I agree. When I was playing through the game and I saw one, and I'm like eww that thing looks ODD! But now, after seeing this episode, I have a new "respect" for Darmanitan.

I thought the episode was cool! I liked the chasing scene through the city. I didn't think it was a filler at all. My favorite part was when Jessie told the waiter to get the drink "Rocket Fast", and that it was a code word.
8/10

-SLJ

Ok since episode 6 proved that music replacements will still be present, was anything changed here? I didn't catch anything replaced, but if anyone else did do tell.

Satoshi's girl

Cafemocha <3
Was my favorite so far 8D Ash and Cilan and Iris were awsome in this Ep <3 plusssss Darumaka and Daramanitan are super amazing

10/10

Blue_Horizon

Corrupted Master
Was a great episode, it's so nice to have a whole episode without Team Rocket trying to capture Pikachu and focusing on the actual pokemon and the 3 heroes instead. Much different to previous seasons. I really liked Meowth in this ep, he had a nice menacing voice that radiated malicious intent lol.

And Jessie's "Rocket fast" line was brilliant, Team Rocket are great in BW! Darmanitan was awesome, but I already liked it before the anime so it didn't change my opinion on it like most people; I always thought it was a likable pokemon design. The opening theme is really growing on me now, like it a lot.

So far, the season has had almost 8 straight eps of greatness, I look forward to what's to come!