• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saving the World from Ruins (579)

pokefiend_13

Harley-san Fanboy
Everyone in the speculation thread was predicting vine whip, but in the episode, it seemed as though Carnivine actually learned Power Whip. So which one was it?

HoennMaster

You really can't tell since no one calls the attack by name.

Ash never used his aura in this episode, did he?

No he did not.

This was a good episode. The first part was especially good with Lucario going on a rampage and Ash and Mars' battle. It looks like they copied and pasted Pluto, he's even hunching over. One thing that I noticed was that Cyrus didn't seem angry at Mars. If that is true I like it.

Thank God for no egg. now we can finally move on....sadly I doubt it.

thunderblade12

Okay I finally seen it.

Riley was the awesomest(I know its not a word) character in the anime ever. He pulled off some DBZ tricks at the end of the episode

Team Galactic is seriously evil. Mars was going to kill everyone on the island even though she had already made a clean escape. I'm glad we finally have real villians in the anime instead of all comedic villians

magicallypuzzled

i thought this was awesome one of my favorite episodes after the paul and grotle one, the two riolu secials and the hunter j ones.

also glad that the great question is finally answered and behind us unlike some i don't hate riolu and i even think it would be awesome on ash's team but not at the expense of the beyond amazing team he has right now. glad gliscor and all the others will continue to have a chance to shine.

edit ugh what a nightmare first it doesn't even post my first draft then it post my second draft 4 times blah makes me thankful to who ever invented the delete button.

Last edited:

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
I like when Lucario and Riley uses their aura, I was cursing why Ash didn't help them 0_o
Also, the part where Piplup fell into Jun's arms is cute :)

Blaziryu

Yeah, Ash seriously needs to learn how to use his Aura. He could've help Riley & Lucario from removing the bomb from the island. Jun should've been more involve w/ this whole Team Galactic thing instead of being spectators like TR. And TR should really stay out of major story events since they're just useless & pathetic.

shac

-^- No, I like that TR get involved in stuff. I mean we are stuck with them no matter what, so more meaningful their existence becomes the better for me.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
Cool Episode and good animation too.
I have to say Mars voice is too sexy(byebye haha), TG are doing greats jobs this saga.
I dont get why the writer remove Riolu egg? too bad, Jun deserves to get it.
Finally Jamse got some focused....

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I swear i could have wet myself with excitement when Muku.BIRD used Brave Bird! Thats the first time since Maylene's Gym Battle!

Also, the Vine/Power Whip confusion....I could've sworn I heard James say Power Whip while hugging Carnivine in the Magikarp Sub.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well the episode was good & i am happy that the writers didn't forget that Staravia knows Brave Bird (it was used nearly 42 episode before this in the 3rd gym battle & thats a long time). Also the execution of the move was much faster than before too.
I know that some might not feel this but i had a bit of laugh when i saw Chimchar's hand after it failed to do dig.
Also i have a feeling that Riley has a slight chance of reappearing in the future because of his involvement with TG in this episode.

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
Staravia used Brave Bird?! *explodes*

It's nice to finally see Carnivine doing something other than getting it's arse handed to it. And the cameos of older characters was pretty nice as well.

Riley is officially my favorite character, hands down. Sorry, J. :p Nah, scratch that. Second favorite.

PLUTO. :O

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This episode has to be my favorite! I can't wait until it comes to the U.S. Riley has to be one of my favorite characters! I was happy to see Brave Bird again and Reggie.

Well, this one was definately better than 110, even if it was a bit too extreme with all that aura stuff. Loved the music and the overall plot. Hirooka certainly did a great job animating it too.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
This episode was nearly perfect!
The Sinnoh Character cameos were nice. (I wish we could have seen Pluto's face though...)
Homicidal Lucario was a nice touch. Riley got his butt handed to him by his own Pokemon.
Brave Bird? Staravia doing something? NO WAI!
Carnivine saves (some) of the day!
Aura: Blah.

Team Galactic is officially the best Villiainous Team in series. They actully try to kill their enemies! I loved when Mars just said "Bye-Bye" when she said the detenator off. And I never realized how much Saturn's Japanese VA makes him sound like a woman, at first I didn't even know it was him talking.

Overall: 9/10

Dax

Legend
Definitely better than the first part. I enjoyed the most Carnivine learning a new move as well as seeing Staravia use Brave Bird once again.

The episode was built in a great way but there has been better arcs in DP.:p

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Pretty sure that was Vine Whip Carnivine used, since that magazine scan plainly said it was and it looked pretty official to me, having pictures from unaired episodes and the like.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
. . . Where'd this come from? Did I miss something?

Seriously, what's the backstory here? What's with the sudden eruption of Gliscor-hate?

A guy who's a really big Ash fan, Riolu freak probably, and hates Gliscor, he's over on Bulbagar...well figure it out from there.

Staravia USED Brave Bird? Oh wow, now I have to watch this!