• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saving the World from Ruins (579)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-An entire 42 seconds of episode time is wasted by a recap for the two kids who missed last week's episode and the one old guy with alzheimer's who watches the show.
-It seems that my prediction last week of aura eventually being able to be used for anything is coming true. First it was the sphere attacks, then it was forcing aura into things to make life trees liiiive, then it was detecting things from afar, then it was resisting the Steel type madness, and now it's shields. Maybe the end of the episode involves Gen using his aura powers to teleport AshnCo to Snowpoint? I mean, it'd be perfectly logical at this point.
-Lucario appears to have a killer migrane. Why won't anyone listen when we tell them not to feed chocolate to bipedal aura dogs?
-Ash somehow blocks a Bone Lightsaber without having his arm break or anything. Well okay then!
-Professor Rowan? Cynthia's Grandma? Those Veilstone meteors? Reggie? Glowing engravings of dragon dieties? Shit is officially going down.
-The lakes, Iron Island, and Mt Coronet are being highlighted on some map in TG (what I assume to be) Headquarters. I hate the writers so much right now since they're actually giving me hope that an evil team storyline will be handled supurbly.
-And there's the walking corpse himself! As opposed to his clone who's busy refereeing for the Canalave Gym.
-I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Lucario right now, but I'm assuming that it involves a plan to knock it out until they get rid of the source of the crazy. Mostly because this show always needs more violence. Or at least that's what my "OMG this will totally make this 22 minute advertisment for a children's video game franchise into a mature anime!" sources tell me.
-...well, peeps got shocked, so it looks like I was right! Not that that one Thunderboltshockwave actually stopped Lucario, but it was a nice effort.
-Duuuudes, can't saving the people who can't really help that much in battle wait until after you deal with TG?
-Oh wait, they're about to be eaten alive by a Steelix. Go deal with TG anyway.
-Gee, how handy that Gen can not only make shields with his aura, but he can make shields at a distance too.
-One little Thunderbolt and eeeeeeverything's back to normal. I still have no goddamn idea what TG's make-Dialga/Palkia-related-things-glow plot has to do with various Steel Pokemon going insane, but hey. It's probably just some "oh the WEIRD POWER just made them do WEIRD THINGS" bs.
-Cyrus mentioned an explosion. Oh yes.
-I have no idea what anyone is saying, but I can already tell that Lucario's going to use its Multipurpose Power to find those bombs and render them harmless.
-Doesn't more than one person around there have a rope? Jeez. You'd think Brock would have at least twenty of them in his Helpful Crap pocket dimension.
-The camera is focusing on James crying...and now it's focusing on Carnivine. This can only mean one thing. Carnivine is going...to...EVOLVE!
-Or learn Vine Whip. Same difference.
-I see that Gen & Lucario are trying the highly advanced "pull the bomb off the wall" explosion-prevention strategy.
-Not only can Gen & Lucario use an aura shield to contain the explosion, but they can then shove that aura shield into the sky, which brings the explosion with it(aka "a harmless distance away from everyone"). Next thing you know, aura will be found to be the cure for AIDS.
-OH CRAP GEN IS LOOKING PRETTY WEAK IS HE GOONA DIahaha of course not this is an ordinary episode, not a movie.
-You know, this is one of those rare episodes with so much dialogue that it makes me regret insisting on watching a show in a language I cannot understand. Oh sure, people on SPPf and BMGf tell other people the important points fairly quickly, but it's still not that great going "uh...ok I guess this is that one part that one person was talkikng about."
-Seeing a small rat and a large metal penguin shake paws/claws is oddly amusing.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
The return of Cynthia's grandmother. Hmm....interesting. I wonder if she'll be around more.

Lucario going insane was great. It made some pretty sick sounds, making it actually sound like an animal. Riley is pretty cool I like him, but Saturn is still my favorite. My gosh, I love that guy so much, he's so great. Jupiter is back already. She must be done setting up the capture operation, or has done all she needs at the moment.

Pluto. This guy is so good, he deserves his own paragraph. I would love to see that guy more, evil scientists are awesome.

All in all, good episode. Cyrus re-appearing was nice too.

Aww man, EVERY *important* member of TG made an appearance in this episode, including the unloved Jupiter and ZOMGPLUTO!
And moar Cyrus action and random Reggie cameo and things are getting focereal intense. The writer's better live up to the expectations that they've set and handle the rest of the TG arc well. Or I will cry.

Man, this was definitely an excellent episode. A lot better than the last one.
And what is this blasphemy? No Riolu? *brick'd*

TeddiUrsa

Strange...the almighty veteran-fan hasn´t shown up in this thread...Too bad, his new weedle-like movement-idea was hilarious...almost heroic.

Anyway, my thoughts on the 2 parter? I really liked it. It felt more like a set up for bigger things to happen, but that´s good because Team Galactic NEEDED another set-up episode badly.

Throwing Jun into the mix was great as well, because he visited Iron Island several episodes ago AND owns a steel pokemon. The planning behind this is very nice and doesn´t feel forced, something that is something special in the Pokémon anime.

Gen felt like a Sir Aaron knock-off, but..hey...wasn´t that the reason he was added in the games from the start? I could jump the "X Pokémon is shown too often"-bandwagon, but I won´t, because...I like Lucario. It is always nice to see the blue badge...I mean blue guy doing something interesting. and due to its brainwashed moments we saw another side of lucario as well.
The dark side of the aura!

"I am your breeder!"

Mars is my favourite commander and giving her almost 2 episodes was a neat thing to do.

The cameos of Reiji, Shirona´s grandmother and the old Professor were a nice touch...but I would have like seeing Shinji again as well. Must have been busy doing EV training or releasing some Mukku.ru...

Lots of mysterious setup for things to come, strange Aura-overpowered haxness, steelix, Team Galactic and Explosions. Can´t be a bad two parter.

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
You'd think Cynthia would make an appearance here? Meh, it was an alright episode overall.

Torpoleon

On page 3 on the episode pictures for it on the main site, I noticed something interesting. There is a map of Sinnoh on a large computer in the Galactic HQ. On the map, there are 5 dots. The dots cover Iron Island, the three lakes and Mt. Coronet. The Iron Island dot is probably gone now and did anyone notice that all the commanders except Jupiter were there. Her and possibly J were most likely out geting the Mesprit, Azelf and Uxie. Once those dots go away, that just leaves the dot for Mt. Coronet. Anyone else notice that?

treetad

Chansey Chansey!
Hmm. It seems that we are finally getting some decent TG spoilers, especially with the map and Pluto. And In the regigigas episode, it looks like we might see the pixies, and J is in the title? looks like we Might just see another bit of TG in that episode.

Rex Kamex

Dogasu on Bulbagarden said:
- I like how this one piece of background music is playing throughout all these scenes. What do you want to bet that PUSA will replace it with like eigth different music tracks?

I'm glad that PUSA kept the music he's talking about. It lasted quite a while...

EDIT: Oh my gosh! That Japanese music that plays when the boat leaves at the end of the episode! I haven't heard that music in the dub in forever!

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Really good episode. It's getting me excited once the Spear Pillar arrives in the anime. Much tension.

Mars was way more awesome and sinister in this episode. Uh, just more cuter. XD

And wooh, Carnivine learns Vine Whip. Way to save the day by the villains. :) But I kind of laugh seeing Mime Jr. cry as well. What else could I expect?

Way to see how Ash and Barry get along. And so does his Pokemon to Ash's.

But now, off to Chocovine Town. Or are we.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
I could've sworn I saw Chavon during the Team Galactic scenes when they trying to find the Spear Pillar, I wonder when will he make another debut appearance? Creating a huge forcefield out of aura to trap the explosions was pretty neat. As for Iron Island itself being created from a meteor, that is something I didn't know.

Wheeehee.
I was pretty happy with this episode.

Mars is adorable. I love how in every episode she's in, she gets more and more bratty and immature. "THOSE STEEL POKEMON ARE SO ANNOYING!"
"WHY AREN'T THERE ANY EXPLOSIONS?!"
aha I just want to glomp and squeeze her so bad. xD

And LOL. I laughed at when she was reporting back to HQ, and it was showing the screen, and all of a sudden you hear "ROGER." Saturn sounded so hilarious when he said that. Both times. Like wth. xD At first I thought his voice changed, and I was ******. Because he sounded like one of those manly, rich older men. But yeah, that had me laughing. xD

But hmhm. GALACTIC GOODNESS. We need more. <3 Greeeeat episode, obviously. I just wish they kept Cyrus saying "BLOW THEM UP." But whatevaas. :3

I could've sworn I saw Chavon during the Team Galactic scenes when they trying to find the Spear Pillar,

Yup. He was there ..for a quick shot. xD

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
-Well, Riley + Lucario might as well enter the olympics at this rate, but I guess if it saves Iron Island...
-Cool! We got to see Sudowoodo and Croagunk for a bit 0_o Kicking some Golbat butt.
-I agree w/ whoever else said that Cynthia should have been part of the "epic people cinema" with Reggie, Rowan, and etc.
-The only part of the episode I didn't enjoy was Ash taking so long to tell Pikachu to use Thunderbolt on Lucario. The voice acting on that = Meh, but the rest was great.
-Cheers on Carnivine and James accomplishing Vine Whip! I guess since Jessie will be using it in the Akebi Convention, we'll see some new strategies/combos/appeals?

FlameRose

-Mars is awesome. I loved how she was all sinister yet bratty. "WHY AREN'T THERE ANY EXPLOSIONS?!" God, I love her so much.
-Riley is also awesome. We need him to retire Brock and travel with us. Never would happen, but oh well....
-Yay for Carnivine saving the day! Also, James and Mime Jr. crying are so cute...
-Speaking of James, him and Barry hugging cracked me up for some reason. XP
-REGGIE CAMEO?! Yay! :3
-I agree with people saying there also should have been a Cynthia cameo. However, was nice to see her grandma again.
-Also....oh boy, more hints at a Spear Pillar Arc! Please let it be..

All in all, this episode was great! 10/10

Linkdarkside

The episode was great.

But why dint ash arm broke on lucario attack

And it look like Team Galaxy is not as fail as Team Rocket ,Team Magma and Team Aqua.

Rex Kamex

I could've sworn I saw Chavon during the Team Galactic scenes when they trying to find the Spear Pillar,

Charon was there- I missed him (I forgot he'd appear), but others saw him.

Brumrha

Banned
Hmm... What can I say about this?

Oh, yeah, TG was actually twarted for a change! Ash & Riley managed to destroy the device that was causing all the Steel-Types to go berzerk. Frustrated, Mars ordered a full retreat, but not wothout bombing this place first. Unfortunately, Riley & his Lucario used both their auras to contain the explosions & diverted it away from the island. Now that everything is back to normal, the other science team have gone to examine these ruins. It was during that time that we find out that Iron Island was actually a huge meteor! %&^#!

Other than this, there's not much for me to say, since it's a direct continuation of last week's episode.

*continues to linger around*

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Like the last one, an exciting episode. Apparently Riely's a direct descendant of Sir Arron.(Like we all didn't know that!) Well, happy ending, wonder what's coming next, that stuff. I don't have anything more to say about this one.

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
I really liked this episode. There was one thing that was really weird. What was with saturns voice when he said ROGER. I really like that mars sounds like a little brat. Anyway the episode was really cool.

Last edited:

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I must be confused. Didn't Cyrus give Jupiter her orders to hire the Pokemon Hunter in this episode, or was it during the Celestic episodes? I thought it was this one for some reason...

Tf5174

I enjoyed this eposide.
I am going to fine you for falling on me. XD