• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saving the World from Ruins (579)

Finally got around to watching this ep.
Xp...It was seriously lulzy too...especially after the last one.

-Was....was that Bone Rush? If it wasn't why did Lucario make a giant bone out of PURE ENERGY and just start beating the ground with it like a retarded old man. Larion and Metang are left to pound their heads into stone.
-DO SOMETHING ASH...Wtf are you thinking staring at Lucario for twenty minutes.
-Lucario sounds too much like a regular human. Bill Rogers, you need moar growling.
-Wait....Mars sounds too much like a pout-y little girl.
-Uh...Jessie....you have a GIANT FREAKING BUG WITH WINGS to get you out of the cave...wanna try that?
-Lol...Riley as Jedi powers.
-Ok..the CGI Golbats I can deal with. Sudowodo flying through them, and Lucario epic failing trying to get through them, I cannot.
-I didn't know Brave Bird sets Staravia on fire. Should it loose sometime, Ash gets free KFC.
-Wait...Mars is...evil! But...oddly...sexy...o___0...
-Yep..they planted bombs on a island with people on it, and almost made a bunch of steel creatures kill themselves. They're jerks alright, Ash.
-Riley...There's only about 12 of them.
-Lol...I love the dude with the half-rimmed glasses. He has a great voice.
-THISSS....ISSSS....SPARTAAAAAAHHH! TONIGHT...WE DINE.....IN CANALAVE!
-Yes Dawn....thank the power of the Jedi. Someone needs to get a Riolu all up in here. Where's...Ri...oh.
-Why does everyone and their Pokemon have a Helicopter? I thought everyone traveled by flying Pokemon...Finally we get to see some more transportation devices.
-So....pretty much every steel type is a alien...is that what you're saying Carolina?
-Ok...The whole "I'll fine you!" thing...is that a odd translation?
-Wait...Cyrus kinda has a blue outline by his eyes. Ladies and Gentlemen, we found Cyrus' eyebrows!
-TO BE CONTINUED! With the beeping of a computer...actually kind of epic. So....why not search the 40% of the mountain you didn't scan. Obviously it's there somewhere. If you have enough minions to dig out ruins in a crater, you can form a search party.

Seriously... I can't stop laughing right now.... this is brilliant...

Buuut yeah. Now my opinions.

Out of the Iron Island two-parter episodes, this one is my favourite.

-the opening really doesn't suit my emotions right now.
-F**K YEEEEEEEEE go Riley! Aw yeah Aura guardian bs is real and I love iiiiiiit.
-RIP Ash's arm- oh wait....
-so the solution is to faint Lucario? Rational, I guess.
-just do it Ash. Ash... just... just f**king do it... dear lord...
-RIP Lucario for now...
-wheeee lets go to that hole where Ash's friends and enemies are still stuck!
-but o shiiiiiiiiiiiiit it's a f**kin Steelix! Whatever will we do now-
-*clears threat* use the force, Riley....
-aaaaand back to TG we go with whoever isn't in the hole minus Riley!
-...wait, Brave Bird? Brave Bird? TOOK YA LONG ENOUGH, M8.
-RIP disposable Golbat army.
-and now the machine is deaded.
-don't try this at home, kids. And by this I mean bombing an island with civilians on it.
-Mars is one messed up girl.
-poor old Chimchar... RIP. Guess you'll only come in use later.
-awww, James, don't cry.... it'll be fine... why is this actually making me emotional?
-Vine Whip Ex Machina.... but it was cute!
-ah ma gud the bombs are explooooooding! Whatever da f**k are we gunna do?
-I have never seen anything so b*d*ss in all my life. F**k. Yes.
-pretty sky!
-but somehow nobody in Canalave town noticed the f**king giant explosion in the air.
-meteor creation, blah blah, Riley help, blah blah, off we go back to Canalave.

Satire over! I have officially fallen in love with this episode. Riley had been one of my favourite characters already, but nothing in this whole anime could beat what I just saw. That's a f**king explosion he just stopped! Is that not awesome as all hell? Also, still no talk about the eighth movie... seeing as I personally want to forget it ever existed, that's fine with me! The music that played when the bombs were first discovered by Ash's group was pretty awesome. Also, James and his Carnivine were so cute! I think the only time I've been sadder while watching the anime was the RIP Clembot scene from XYZ.

Just gimme a paragraph to talk about Riley. Is it just me or is he one of the most underrated characters in the whole of Pokemon? He has such a likeable personality, he has a great Japanese voice actor, he has some b*d*ss aura stuff, but he never returns? Shame on you, anime writers. Also, like I mentioned in the thread for the last episode, he is still hot as hell. I guess the only hope for him appearing again is if Sun/Moon does some Sinnoh Remake advertising with him, but that is not gonna happen in goodness-knows-how-long.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was expecting Team Galactic to do much more here, but my biggest disappointment was that Riley didn't have a Riolu egg to give to Ash. :(

Even tho I usually love when the anime copies the games, I was glad that Riley's Riolu egg wasn't in this episode cuz I didn't think Ash needed it, nor did any of his friends either from my perspective. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Just gimme a paragraph to talk about Riley. Is it just me or is he one of the most underrated characters in the whole of Pokemon? He has such a likeable personality, he has a great Japanese voice actor, he has some b*d*ss aura stuff, but he never returns? Shame on you, anime writers.

Riley was an overly-glorified Mary Sue here, though. Couple that with him owning a Lucario and he was DP's most overrated character in general IMO.

Riley was an overly-glorified Mary Sue here, though. Couple that with him owning a Lucario and he was DP's most overrated character in general IMO.

Tbh I thought that was Paul. He definitely wasn't overglorified or he would've probably appeared in more than two episodes. Bear in mind that Mary Sue = plot gravitating towards character, no other character getting a say in the plot at all, character getting unneeded attention. Not necessarily Mary Sue = Pretty OP.

A character being strong is fine, as long as that doesn't take away from the enjoyment of everyone else around them. For example, a book series I love recently introduced this character who is good at everything, has great looks, is part of a chosen one plot and often helps save the day with no effort. However, this character is barely focused on, and instead we get to see the characters around him instead while having the faint knowledge of him sorting out all the minor crimes in town. This means that his existence does not take away from the overall enjoyment of the other new characters in this book series, the plot doesn't gravitate towards him, and the story isn't about how utterly special he is. This means basically that he is not considered a Mary Sue.

Yeah, I kinda see it like that here. I still really like Dawn and Brock, and this episode didn't change my opinion of them since they had hundreds more anyway.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

Well I did think that Riley and Lucario's feat of stopping the destruction of Iron Island by themselves was glorified, tho it was fine with me cuz there wasn't anyone else in the whole island who could've hindered Team Galactic's plans.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well I did think that Riley and Lucario's feat of stopping the destruction of Iron Island by themselves was glorified, tho it was fine with me cuz there wasn't anyone else in the whole island who could've hindered Team Galactic's plans.

Uh, Ash and Co. were there too, so they could've saved the day themselves.

Uh, Ash and Co. were there too, so they could've saved the day themselves.

How are they gonna stop that bloody massive explosion?

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode. Even though it's a continuation, there's really not much to say here, although Carnivine learning Vine Whip was good, and Carnivine was really determined after seeing the sadness of its trainer, James. Riley and Lucario sure managed to encapsulate the explosion within the aura bubble, but that wasn't easy, but then again, this is the anime. Mars was a bit funny here, but she kind of went too far to kill the heroes and have the show come to an end. Too bad for her in the end. And the cameos of other characters were nice to see.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was awestruck when I saw Gen and Lucario use their aura to shield Steel Island. What disappointed me was that the Ginga-dan's plan seemed to end so anti-climactically, although I liked Pluto's quick cameo.

Vulpicks

Fantastic episode! I especially loved the scenes where Ash and Brock destroyed the machine, and Carnivine learned Vine Whip! Too bad Barry didn't end up doing anything at all. Even Team Rocket was more useful than him in the end lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Too bad Barry didn't end up doing anything at all. Even Team Rocket was more useful than him in the end lol.

Jun's purpose seemed to be comedic relief in this episode, yet I wish he'd gotten a Riolu egg from Gen at the end of the episode as a reference to the Shinou games.

Daizy

I call you honey
At least I now know that Charon exists in the anime. I'm disappointed that Gary didn't get a cameo or at least have some sort of role in this episode though. I thought he would have been seen with Prof. Rowan. All we saw was Riley being a hero.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, it's too bad that Muskippa's new move went relatively unnoticed by most of the fandom here. Almost everyone cared more about Gen and Lucario, so the focus stayed on them while Muskippa learning Vine Whip wasn't called attention to quite as much by comparison. I wish it had learned Power Whip instead, however.

Scorbunnie

Still think it was weird that the steel-type Pokemon on Iron Island were all influenced and driven mad by Team Galactic's doing. Lucario and Riley having a touching bonding moment was sweet and I really liked seeing Barry hanging with Team Rocket.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I really like the Team Galactic plot in the anime, honestly it’s more coherent and understandable than in the games. Linking the Iron Island ruins to the Veilstone meteorites was pretty neat and there’s a good explanation for all the locations they went to scope out. I don’t know why but it keeps surprising me when stuff like Mars one second away from blowing Ash & co. up happens, like you’d think I’d be used to it by now.

This was a great little mini-arc, Riley and Lucario were always cool but to see them in action makes them even cooler. The Mystery of Mew music also doesn’t help me not associate him w Sir Aaron, I mean obviously there’s a connection there.