• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saving the World from Ruins (579)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Hidden Ruins of Iron Island!

With Team Galactic's efforts getting stronger and stronger and not even Riley's Lucario being immune to their influence, Ash & co. face one of their toughest trials yet. With all the admins trying to utilise the special attributes of the ruins on the island to eventually awaken Dialga & Palkia, Ash & Co. have to stop them. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Looking over some pics on 2chan...

* Regi AND Staraptor! Ooops, I meant Reggie and his Staraptor. And also a Kricketot are shown for some reason. I guess everyone in Sinnoh probably can see that huge beam

* No Chimchar, no Riolu egg, no nothing of that kind.

* I don't exactly understand what happened by looking at the pictures, but it seems the TG Arc is heating up.

ALSO...look who's in this picture:

[IMG139]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/1232622897312-1.jpg[/IMG139]
PLUTO! Besides that, you can also spot the various lakes on the monitors. Seems TG is ready to go after them now.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Pluto appearing is nice, although it raises the question of why Rotom has already been shown when the character most associated with it was going to be introduced less than ten episodes later.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Pluto appearing is nice, although it raises the question of why Rotom has already been shown when the character most associated with it was going to be introduced less than ten episodes later.

A different backstory mayhap?

Looks like Operation Pixie is in full swing now.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Lucario: "Voices in my head! Voices in my head!"
Dude, this was a fairly violent episode. Lucario was essentially hell-bent on killing Riley.

And of course, who shows up to ruin the rescue party? Why, it's no other than our good hard-headed friend, STEELIX! The writers just know we can't get enough of this guy. Showing up in 3 of the past 4 episodes just isn't good enough. And no matter what aura forcefield blocks his way, no aura forcefield will stop us from buying his three-foot plushie!

Purugly and Muku.BIRD are like Sylvester and Tweety Bird, except this time, Tweety Bird wins. Good riddance to those Golbat, too. The evil team in the next generation needs five thousand copies of something more menacing...like Bidoof.

The appearance of Cynthia's grandma (and in a speaking role) and Reggie was quite nice. Makes me hopeful for roles in the future. Chimchar's appearance was an awesome slap in the face to many of this forum's users, especially when it emerged only to give its best Ambipom impression. And Carnivine saves the day. Way better than a Monferno.

Movie 8 throwback near the end with Riley and Lucario using their aura to stop the time bomb explosion was predictable but nice. And I certainly hope that Jun's promise to meet up with Ash at the Sinnoh League doesn't mean this is the last we'll be seeing of him until then. Good mini-arc, but there still has yet to be a real brutal battle with Galactic.

shac

whats all about this 60% data? were they looking for the three pixie-location?

BTW Ash never used his aura in this episode, did he?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
If the magic of copy & paste and accounts on other forums are anything to go by, there's a Maestro-esque rant coming up, just you wait and see.

I've only seen still images (the best kind of images) thus far, but I found Riley pulling a pokémon and making his hands glow to create a barrier of PURE AURA to be mildly amusing. Especially with that stoic pose, hands-a-stretched. It all looked so...silly.
Not knocking aura or anything. Just saying is all :p

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So what exactly did Chimchar do when released from its Ball? From the episode pictures, it just looks like someone stood on its hands.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I think it tried to dig (to create a tunnel so Jun + TR could escape), but I'm guessing the soil probably was thick with steel that prevented it and gave it swelled hands.

However, the coolest part of this episode was Carnivine saving the day. :)
Sudowoodo, Croagunk, Mukkubird, and Grotle all helping out didn't hurt either.

According to the 'pedia, this is the first time a Team Rocket Pokemon has learned a new move...

If the magic of copy & paste and accounts on other forums are anything to go by, there's a Maestro-esque rant coming up, just you wait and see.

Ash for the win!

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Hmm...upon a quick visit to the *ahem* promised land, I believe I know who and what is being referred to. On that note, I am pleasantly perplexed at the reaction here (or lack thereof) on both sides of the aisle for all of the above topics (visit now-locked speculation thread for more info).

Then again, I think kindygarten naptime is about over now. We're not safe just yet.

kpt25

Steel type trainer
wow...today's thread was started really early!
How did you guys already get pics of it?I haven't found the episode anywhere yet
It's a good thing that Staravia got a well deserved screentime after all!
It might be a hint of Staraptor soon maybe?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
No egg???!!! Wtf?!

kpt25

Steel type trainer
First post and you mentioned no egg?lol...
Keep in mind not everything in DP anime will be accurate to the games(Old Plateau being in Canalave is example 1)
OFFTOPIC:are you AuraMaster from the Mugen community?

thunderblade12

Yep, no egg. Looks like Ash's team won't catch aura cancer after all.

This was a Riley/Team Galactic centric episode as I figured. I didn't see Chimchar evolving here anyway. It will get an episode devoted to its evolution when it finally does evolve, probably Paul's next appearence.

Its good to see Carnivine get a new attack. I bet Jessie uses it to win her 3rd ribbon.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
You know, besides...something probably coming up soon, I'm surprised that people here are actually calm. I guess we did move on...to Chimchar's evolution frenzy.

Hey, Pluto looks cool, our own version of Igor. And it looks like Galactic's plan is in full effect.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hmm...upon a quick visit to the *ahem* promised land, I believe I know who and what is being referred to

Wow...

[img139]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/ash_forever/Anti-Gliscor.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
This was a pretty good episode.
The Pluto cameo was cool and but it sucked that Jun got shafted throughout basically the whole episode, untill the end.

NO EGG :DDDD

Yeti

Banned
I jizzed in my pants when Jupiter was there at the end for .1 seconds.
I jizzed hard. 8)

Eh this episode didn't live up to it's true potential and Pikachu likes men, but it could've been worse.

NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG NO EGG
RIOLU LIKES MEN RIOLU LIKES MEN RIOLU LIKES MEN RIOLU LIKES MEN
And the auraholics become an hero. o)

Ancax

James hugging both his pokemon was so cute. I love James's relationship with his Pokemon. Glad Carnivine helped save the day. I love that thing,