1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Say something positive about your least favorite character

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham show the unknown

In continuation of “saying something positive of your least favorite series”

I’ll start: Lana was fine in a lot of the earlier episodes of Sun and Moon and I like her Primarina’s Japanese voice.

2. Nodqfan

Nodqfan Well-Known Member

While her reasoning for traveling with Ash was flimsy at best Misty was a darn good battler.

3. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Rei Claus

I liked the occasional snarkiness Serena had shown, particularly with her mother and whenever she scared herself in the "scary" episodes.

4. Drew was a decent coordinator and he had some of the best Gen 3 Pokémon on his team.

5. EmberFireTrainer

EmberFireTrainer Active Member

Butch and Cassidy had some really clever ideas to steal Pokémon for Team Rocket as shown in the episodes "The Breeding Center Secret" and "Pikachu Revolts". These are accomplishes that Jessie, James, and Meowth can only dream about and envy.

6. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

I liked Iris' outfit. I thought the colors were subtle, but cute for her design.

7. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

Ash helps people to overcome their personal problems. His Pokemons like to train with him in order to become stronger.

8. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Serena looked nice after she cut her hair...? I guess?

9. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

Not a big fan of Jessie & James ever since I was a kid. They nag way too much but my favorite thing about them is the new Pokemon they've caught or befriended in Sun & Moon. Seriously, those are like the best additions Jessie & James have ever had in... well years.

10. Redstar45

Redstar45 A POCKET MONSTERS & DIGITAL MONSTERS Fan !

Did like takeshi become a great Pokemon doctor it did fit him then breeder .
    Dent gag is pretty funny
    Iris chat with Satoshi is lot batter then kasumi in os era
    That it ?

11. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

Thank you for leaving our screens Max.

12. J.Agera

J.Agera Well-Known Member

Misty's reactions when Ash roasted her were hilarious.

13. MusicFan22

MusicFan22 Active Member

Paul was one of the best rivals for Ash, Harley was a good coordinator, Trip has a good design and his Serperior is badass, Georgia and Burgundy were good sitcom arch nemisis’ for Iris and Cilan, Burgundy’s Dewott is badass, Serena is beautiful and a good friend to Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie, Max is very intelligent for his age, Ash’s Charizard was a powerhouse even before it became loyal to Ash again, Dawn’s Piplup is a cutie pie sometimes, & Jessie, James & Meowth were at least not abusive to their Pokémon.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  14. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Lillie. She's not a criminal

15. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Serena has nice shows, Samson Oak isn't used too often and Max has pretty good focus episodes when it involves him and a pokemon. (Ralts particular.)

MusicFan22 likes this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

My least favorite character changes depending on my mood, honestly. Right now I'd say that Dent is my least favorite character since I've been re-watching Best Wishes, but at least I can compliment the fact that he was genuinely funny at times and was a refreshing change of pace after a decade of having Takeshi around.

17. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

Lana...uh Primarina is cool. But that’s not on her merit so I can’t really say anything good about her as a character

janejane6178 and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  18. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Probably Lillie and Sophocles, but mostly Lillie.

I guess for Lillie, despite receiving next to zero development after the AF arc and still owning only one pokemon even tho the entire series is almost over, she at least got a bit of development in the previous arc. And also, despite her gag of being a fragile and incompetent lady (to the point of almost fainting just bc someone threw a ball for her to catch) being one of the things that annoyed me the most in this saga, at least they made this more low-key on this current arc...

Now for Sophocles, i guess he is a nice guy and at the very least he got another pokémon and evolved him before Lillie did. Also he seems to spend more time with his pokémon than Lillie does, which is important for a series that is about people's relationship with Pokémon.
    To be quite honest, if it weren't for his VA's deafening screechs, he wouldn't be so high on my list of characters that i dislike. I would still not care for him, but i would not hate him.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  19. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Dawn had a good character arc from beginning to end. She also worked hard to get where she was and the writer obviously cared about her even though they often went overboard.

20. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Paul owns a Froslass.

keepitsimple, Sham and MusicFan22 like this.