• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Say something positive about your least favorite character

Lightning Bolt

Literally the only positive thing I can say about Serena is that the writers finally realized the atrocious attempt of character that she is (tho that took them 3 years) and now I can rest in peace without a shipping or an asian idol pop competition being thrown at my face every 5 sec.
Oh and her Pancham was cool...but even that isn't on her merit so whatever.

Last edited:

Emelie

Bookworm
I like the concept of everybody having a rival but sometimes the characters end up being flat. Dent/Cilan isn't complex to begin with and already is a comic relief character so when they introduced his rival who was also a comic relief character it got tiresome fast. Iris is a little better as a character but her rival's motives were petty and childish.

I also thought it was kind of messy that everybody fought each other's rivals? Imagine if Brock fought Shinji/Paul and won before Satoshi did, that would have been super weird!

The concept of Don battle tournaments in itself was great though and I hope they do it again in Sword and Shield. Battling companions are great, they just need to figure out how to handle it while Satoshi is still doing gyms.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Serena and Bonnie are both my least favorites, however I did really like the bond between the two.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Iris: Never coming back

IkeBayern

Sophocles has a fully evolved Pokémon that I like with some powerful moves and has managed to gain more confidence in battle against Kiawe and is giving him a run for his money in their battle atm, he’s also very intelligent and calculating!

The reason why I don’t like his character because it’s very bland and gimmicky, he’s a bit too childish for my taste even though he’s technically the same age as Ash and his screeching especially when attacking is a bit yikes

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
For all the lack of long term character development the writers give him, Ash has somehow managed to last as the main character in a series that has more episodes than The Simpsons.

Leonhart

Imagineer
IkeBayern said:
The reason why I don’t like his character because it’s very bland and gimmicky, he’s a bit too childish for my taste even though he’s technically the same age as Ash and his screeching especially when attacking is a bit yikes

He's my least favorite character in the current cast, although I don't hate him. I agree about him being a bit childish and easily frightened by certain things like his phobia of the dark, but I think he's funny when he wants to be, and his team is surprisingly resilient for a character who doesn't battle that often.

Whitelily

Iris has the most realistic body type for a girl her age. She's supposed to be around 10 just like May and Dawn but unlike them Iris has the right kind of design that isn't exaggerated to look older.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Iris eventually left. Kidding.

Even though I despise her I will admit she had some good battles

Leonhart

Imagineer
Whitelily said:
Iris has the most realistic body type for a girl her age. She's supposed to be around 10 just like May and Dawn but unlike them Iris has the right kind of design that isn't exaggerated to look older.

To be frank, I didn't think that Hikari looked older than her age. I've seen people claim that Haruka looked much older than ten in terms of her body and I can kind of see what they mean, but Hikari was approximately the same height as Satoshi and her body's proportions were appropriate for someone her age.

SatoSereFan224888

Well Iris & Lillie are tied as my least favorite characters. I don't have anything positive to say about Iris but Lillie does have a cute ponytail.

SatoSereFan224888

What did they do that was so bad that they made you hate them? Other than Lillie taking Serena's place in the cast I mean?
Lillie is the most overrated girl in the anime. She’s nowhere as cute as Serena, Mallow, or Lana. Plus I feel the writers are shoving AureliaShipping down our throats. I see no chemistry between Lillie & Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Lillie: Being the first non-player female character to receive their first Pokemon onscreen, and not in a flashback. And having an awesome mother and a bad ass for a brother!

Lana: Not coming to Galar :cool:

What did they do that was so bad that they made you hate them? Other than Lillie taking Serena's place in the cast I mean?

Because Lillie's nothing like her game counterpart everyone loves?
The changes to Gladion and Lusamine worked great, but Lillie's didn't.