1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Say something positive about your least favorite series

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Sham

Sham Underrated show

Although BW was... something, I did enjoy the cast chemistry. Not the group chemistry but the overall chemistry of the main cast. Everyone was connected to each other and interacted. Iris got interactions with Burgundy, Cilan interacted with Trip etc. It felt this cast was a big family this time around.

XY- I liked the thought of what Serena’s character WAS suppose to be about. The execution is another post. Clemont’s and Ash’s brotherly bond was nice as well. Not to mention the OTS (subbed only) is beautiful.

2. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix misty and dawn are best girls.

XY - I liked Clemont, the battles were good, I like Ash’s XY design

Johto - I love most of OS but Johto falls short to me however I do think that Johto has some great fillers if you do take the time to go through them. Johto has some of the most memorable episodes in the show, and I loved Ash’s totodile and cyndaquil

Jerimiyah likes this.
  3. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime canon cop !

Sun and Moon anime is not great but i do like and respect Pokemon anime show for school settings and Lille pstd issue and make Pokemon feel like they are characters.

Bw ........bring continuay into anime later by bringing my boy Lizardon back

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Moonlight Starlight likes this.
  4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

Don't we already have this thread somewhere?

5. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

Bw - I enjoyed the battles I thought they were good generally (if we ignore ash being annoying or if the battles never feature him the first place) , I really loved Krookodile, snivy,Palpitoad and Leavanny, liked that dawn returned, enjoyed the league except ash vs Cameron (ash vs Stephan was really dope tho )and that they were other mini- tournaments other than the league those were enjoyable also ,Charizard returning , N

SM - ash vs misty, brock vs kiawe, ash vs guzuma, gladion vs ash (mirror match), kiawe and gladion as ash's rivals ( I kinda dislike gladion edginess sometimes not a deal breaker tho just a personal grip) ,the sm cast is cool except Sophocles don't hate him but I wouldn't have a problem if he wasn't apart of the show either ( tbh the only Pokémon cast I disliked was bws especially iris and her rival tho I also hate rotom from sm he's annoying)

Redstar45 and janejane6178 like this.
  6. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ "Christina"

BW-less Team Rocket filler appearances, Dawn's guest appearance, battle tournaments for everyone, character interactions, Iris calling Ash a kid.

XY-Serena focused episodes in the second year, mega evolution specials, Chespin, for LizardonX's sake

AznKei likes this.
  7. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

SM - features Pokemon and TR in it, ends soon

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    CMButch likes this.
  8. shoz999

shoz999 The Legend of Mudkip

Advance Generation - Not gonna lie, nothing really positive comes to mind...

Black & White - I don't really care about the Snivy thing. I like how it started. It was fast-paced, the artstyle and animation was breathtakingly beautiful and it really felt like it was building up to something epic early on.

9. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

c'mon man that season started contests , it had the battle frontier , sceptile, Pikachu learning volt tackle, nothing like that comes to mind?

Satoshi & Touko likes this.
  10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

XY- I did enjoy the early episodes playing off of Ash and TR's experience, like how long they've been doing this crap they should look high tier. Also a lot of the Pokemon personalities and interactions were pretty good, if making it more tragic when a lot of them evolved and lost all their character. Image songs like Dori Dori and Team Rocket's theme were pretty good (also liked TR's classic motto theme returning in earlier episodes). Badass Wobbuffet in the first season plus Inkay and Gourgeist being two of my favourite TR Pokemon. Jessie being a rival for the performer companion and getting to the finals again.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  11. Ignition

Ignition Buttwitch needs more appreciation

I honestly can’t think of anything good to say about Johto’s part of OS so I’ll go with Kanto’s.

The comedy is amazing and is unrivaled to this day. Nothing comes close. The entire cast constantly had jabs at each other without it being over the top. Plus the music is stuck in my head. Tracks like Road to Viridian City, My Best Friends, Burning Battlefield, and the oh so iconic Pokèrap (just to name a few) always gives me a sense of nostalgia.

12. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

XY had a lot of cool action scenes especially during the second half where all the major battles took place. It also had amazing cast chemistry and surprisingly consistent pacing unlike most previous sagas that tend to get boring in the middle.

13. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

XY: Serena episodes where it's about herself and less about getting Ash's attention. Cool animated battles.

BW: The main cast having their rivals and compete in the same competition.

14. shoz999

Nope. I really thought all of Gen 3 was that boring. It's not bad but I wouldn't call it good either.

janejane6178 likes this.
  15. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

oh ok I see that's a little disappointing

16. shoz999

Gen 3 is boring, Gen 5 is disappointing. Makes you wonder what's worst. Something that doesn't really do anything or something that builds up so much hype only for it to fall apart.

17. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

Isn't like that for all series? I watched the all the episodes of XY and SM and they occasionally made the same kind of stuffs you mentioned.

18. shoz999

For me, not really. I was satisfied with the XY series as a whole. SM I'm not sure how to describe, that one's a little more complicated as you can see with the fan's different range of reactions. However when I was watching the BW series early on, I honestly didn't understand most of the criticisms early on. Many of the first range of episodes early on were good, really really good and not only that but this is where I started to see some new changes in technology and an evolution between DP and XY's action scenes. For me, this seemed like the BW series were genuinely going to be a great because it actually felt new, perhaps even could be the best Pokemon series... until Ash & Co. hit Castelia City and then it starts to slow down and regresses back to your average Pokemon anime. It especially gets pretty bad after the 7th gym. I thought Roxanne gym battle was actually one of the best battles I've seen in a long while but you could really tell the anime crew was just trying to rush out all the major BW plot points in order to hurry to the next anime adaptation. What makes it even worst if your a Pokemon Adventures fan and you've seen the Black & White games done great justice in a story adaptation, then this becomes so much worst because there is so much Gen 5 stuff that is missing and underutilized in the anime.

19. RLC

RLC Well-Known Member

that's easy for me people in bw annoyed me too much (iris, trip, iris rival ,ash etc) to the point where it overshadowed the good parts of the series ( the battles, Stephan, Bianca, ashes team, N etc) while gen 3 was overall good while introducing new stuff like contests(which is very entertaing in my opinion one of the best things to be introduced in the pkmn anime) may and max could get annoying at times but nothing deal breaking just a solid series with nothing really to hate.

Jerimiyah likes this.
  20. shoz999

I don't know about hate lol. I don't hate it but even the gen 3 fans seem to think about otherwise if Max is included in the discussion.

TheWanderingMist likes this.