1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Say something positive about your least favorite series

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

It's BW so I'll say its international version (S14 specially, with S15 being just fine, and S16 being the beginning of the end for the dub) is waaaaaaaaay better than the crap XY and SM have been. It actually feels like watching Pokémon.

I like its tournaments too.

MockingJ, RLC, Leonhart and 4 others like this.
  2. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

Yeah it was actually fair for some of the characters to point out that she wasn't deserving of some wins when she used Dragonite since it wasn't obeying her at first and kinda did his own thing. At least it was a realistic reaction from others.

MockingJ and FullmetalJackie like this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I suppose that I just didn't remember that, but it does seem refreshing if characters in the anime actually felt cheated when battling Iris's Kairyu since it won many battles while being disobedient. I can't think of another instance where characters voiced the same concerns as the fandom.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. BW: I actually liked Oshawott, and the Meloetta Saga was pretty good. Not much else I can like about it, sadly.

5. Sham

Sham Underrated show

It was most noticeably Georgia and Burgendy voicing the concerns.

6. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Team Flares Arc was awesome, I liked Alain and I appreciate the anime giving Zygarde some love.

TheWanderingMist and BTS_fan like this.
  7. Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt Well-Known Member

XY: Some battles were pretty good. Team Flare arc was the saving grace of XYZ. Clemont was relevant until the Lumiose gym battle. Wobbufett was strong in the early series. Some scenes of the Mega Evolution special. That's basically it. That's everything I can say about XYZ.

MockingJ and BTS_fan like this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

The Meloetta subplot was pretty interesting, at least on paper. While I didn't like the fact that Operation Tempest was hyped up to be the Rocket-dan's biggest scheme up to that point, at least the Kami trio made a comeback during that mini-arc and we got to see Sakaki actually get involved in something for the first time since the Mewtwo special.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  9. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

That's likely because BW was supposed to be Team Rocket's final series and Operation Tempest was supposed to be their swan song until fans and creative members convinced them to keep them on. It was nice as a bit of epic involvement for Giovanni and the organisation at last, though it's kinda sad knowing it'd have to be their supposed last ever appearance for them to do anything that level again.

10. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

Lillie and Gladio are good characters.
    Lana is an entertaining character.
    Lillie's character arc and development.
    Brock and Misty's return.
    Guzma's appearance was cool.
    TR.

11. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

I guess B/W is my least favorite? So I'll go ahead with that.

- Cilan and Iris are good alternatives to Brock (And Misty, May, Dawn, etc)
    - I love the interaction between Burgandy and Georgia. Seriously, I like on how they rag on each other sometimes and other times they get along quite well.
    - The animation is pretty good! You will notice a huge difference in quality if you just got done watching D/P.
    - This series has my favorite incarnation of Team Rocket
    - I like Dawn's reappearance
    - I really love the filler episodes in this series. Most of them were pretty entertaining if you ask me (Like that one episode where Iris and Co dressed up and acted like girls because Iris wanted revenge on a pretty snooty pair of girls who ragged on the groups Pokemon.)

MockingJ, BTS_fan and FullmetalJackie like this.
  12. Too much love I think. One of the Zygarde Core forms spent ages with the cast and then the other one was shown a few times as well up until we saw the main Zygarde terrorize Lumiose City. It was too much Zygarde focus.

Zhydra and BTS_fan like this.
  13. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

DP: They handled the Contests themselves better than Hoenn. Not a major improvement, but that's as positive as I'm willing to be.

Maybe, but Zygarde also didn't get its own game, so it needed to be promoted somehow.

14. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Best Wishes definitely had a lot of good filler episodes such as the one you mentioned, and also from my perspective, the haunted mansion episode and the afro wig episode.

15. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

Everyone else that I've seen seemed to hate Oshawott, but I thought he was one of Ash's best Unova mons along with Snivy. I guess folks just don't know how to appreciate cute Pokemon with funny quirks.

MockingJ and janejane6178 like this.
  16. Zhydra

Zhydra Master of Chaos!

Better than what the games gave him... which was nothing. The Manga also did Zygarde some needed justice and he is going to be fighting Ultra Necrozma soon.

TheWanderingMist and MockingJ like this.
  17. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I might have hated some episodes from the Orange Islands journey like the steamboat episode and the Nidoran filler, but that saga did good by introducing regional variants of Kanto Pokemon like 15 years before Sun/Moon did.

18. Sham

Sham Underrated show

Can't forget "Team Rocket's Shocking Recruit" where Emolga joins Team Rocket.

Trey pokes and janejane6178 like this.
  19. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

Johto:
    - Misty actually battled and got two good fighters (Corsola and Poliwhirl)
    - Gym battles improved since Kanto pity badges
    - Finally Ash VS Gary.

Thats all

Emelie likes this.
  20. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I thought that was a pretty neat thing for the animators to do back then since it at least made certain Pokemon look distinguishable from their Kanto counterparts, although I noticed that they kind of gave up on that by the middle of the arc.