1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Say something positive about your least favorite series

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Jun 1, 2019.

1. J.Agera

J.Agera Don't push your luck.

Sun and Moon's Ash vs Misty and Brock vs Kiawae battle was amazing.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Blastmaster

Blastmaster Member

BW's tournament arcs were pretty cool, Snivy and Krookodile were cool, and Cilan was pretty funny. The episodes with Meowth joining Ash were also fun, even though they never really went anywhere.

I'd also say it had a lot of interesting ideas, but like... anyone can have good ideas, so bleh.

3. MusicFan22

MusicFan22 Active Member

Best Wishes had some badass gym leaders, I liked Iris and Cilan, Bianca was awesome, and I enjoyed a lot of the new Pokémon like the starters, Roggenrola, and Krookodile.

4. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Best Wishes did have quite a few good Gym battles especially during the second half of the region, although the battle at the Raimon Gym still haunts me somewhat since it totally ruined the momentum that Satoshi had built up in the first three Gyms of the saga. His strategy against Kamitsure was just awfully embarrassing.

MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  5. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I liked them all except Skyla since she was lazy and didn't want to battle when Ash and friends first met her. Her philosophy about not needing to battle if she thought that she had a clear advantage just so she could have more free time to fly her plane was messed up.

6. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Where's the KISS concert at?"

BW gym leaders basically have no officials judging them. There's no justice for what they do and they can brush a trainer off for petty reasons just so they don't battle (Clyde being the most insulting, because he practically demanded Ash to go get the equivalent of Pokemon weed...and he's an immigrant, unlike his better portrayal in the games).

...Which is disturbing, because it's no different than unlawful justice in the US, and that region was based on the US. I sometimes think the writers wrote Unova sooo badly with intentions to shame the US that there were so many stupid/stuck up/zany trainers all over the place (basically nearly all the trainers/rivals Ash met except for Virgil). Even the Champion of the region was written as a guy who is so embarrassing to look at times.

7. Sham

Sham Underrated show

The reasons why Ash acted so stupidly is because he started hanging out with Americans. On a serious note I think your theory maybe true looking back it's weird that Trip was so again't Ash being from a different place/country. Pokemon was really throwing subliminal messages in BW.

8. MusicFan22

MusicFan22 Active Member

I don’t really blame you, because her attitude was problematic. I think that apart from LT Surge, Skyla was the only gym leader that Ash had a legitimate reason to be angry with.

Emelie and wolf jani like this.
  9. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper Of The Gates Ambitious

And she didn't even launch him out of cannons like game!Skyla.

As much as I love the Don George tournaments (Bianca beating Trip and Throh vs Sawk are highlights of BW as a whole), the Unova League shows why maybe they're not so great an idea. The writers only have so much creativity, and they used a lot of it writing the tournaments, which caused the League to suffer massively as a result.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    MusicFan22 likes this.
  10. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

SM - didnt theew TR and ends soon

MockingJ likes this.