• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Say something positive about your least favorite series

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
It's BW so I'll say its international version (S14 specially, with S15 being just fine, and S16 being the beginning of the end for the dub) is waaaaaaaaay better than the crap XY and SM have been. It actually feels like watching Pokémon.

I like its tournaments too.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
For all people complain about Iris' arc with Dragonite, it must surely get points for actually calling out the show's plot armour! What other points does it actually have the spine to claim one of the protagonists didn't earn a victory?

Yeah it was actually fair for some of the characters to point out that she wasn't deserving of some wins when she used Dragonite since it wasn't obeying her at first and kinda did his own thing. At least it was a realistic reaction from others.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
She won battles despite it not obeying her and the other fighters called her out on that bullcrap. Like whenever did you see them treating Misty's victories with Psyduck as unearned?

A protagonists' victories being undermined was a pretty big step for the show's writing, since they often relied on handing them wins.

I suppose that I just didn't remember that, but it does seem refreshing if characters in the anime actually felt cheated when battling Iris's Kairyu since it won many battles while being disobedient. I can't think of another instance where characters voiced the same concerns as the fandom.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Team Flares Arc was awesome, I liked Alain and I appreciate the anime giving Zygarde some love.

Lightning Bolt

XY: Some battles were pretty good. Team Flare arc was the saving grace of XYZ. Clemont was relevant until the Lumiose gym battle. Wobbufett was strong in the early series. Some scenes of the Mega Evolution special. That's basically it. That's everything I can say about XYZ.

Leonhart

Imagineer
pokeplayer9994 said:
BW: I actually liked Oshawott, and the Meloetta Saga was pretty good. Not much else I can like about it, sadly.

The Meloetta subplot was pretty interesting, at least on paper. While I didn't like the fact that Operation Tempest was hyped up to be the Rocket-dan's biggest scheme up to that point, at least the Kami trio made a comeback during that mini-arc and we got to see Sakaki actually get involved in something for the first time since the Mewtwo special.

DatsRight

The Meloetta subplot was pretty interesting, at least on paper. While I didn't like the fact that Operation Tempest was hyped up to be the Rocket-dan's biggest scheme up to that point, at least the Kami trio made a comeback during that mini-arc and we got to see Sakaki actually get involved in something for the first time since the Mewtwo special.

That's likely because BW was supposed to be Team Rocket's final series and Operation Tempest was supposed to be their swan song until fans and creative members convinced them to keep them on. It was nice as a bit of epic involvement for Giovanni and the organisation at last, though it's kinda sad knowing it'd have to be their supposed last ever appearance for them to do anything that level again.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I guess B/W is my least favorite? So I'll go ahead with that.

- Cilan and Iris are good alternatives to Brock (And Misty, May, Dawn, etc)
- I love the interaction between Burgandy and Georgia. Seriously, I like on how they rag on each other sometimes and other times they get along quite well.
- The animation is pretty good! You will notice a huge difference in quality if you just got done watching D/P.
- This series has my favorite incarnation of Team Rocket
- I like Dawn's reappearance
- I really love the filler episodes in this series. Most of them were pretty entertaining if you ask me (Like that one episode where Iris and Co dressed up and acted like girls because Iris wanted revenge on a pretty snooty pair of girls who ragged on the groups Pokemon.)

Team Flares Arc was awesome, I liked Alain and I appreciate the anime giving Zygarde some love.

Too much love I think. One of the Zygarde Core forms spent ages with the cast and then the other one was shown a few times as well up until we saw the main Zygarde terrorize Lumiose City. It was too much Zygarde focus.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
DP: They handled the Contests themselves better than Hoenn. Not a major improvement, but that's as positive as I'm willing to be.

Too much love I think. One of the Zygarde Core forms spent ages with the cast and then the other one was shown a few times as well up until we saw the main Zygarde terrorize Lumiose City. It was too much Zygarde focus.

Maybe, but Zygarde also didn't get its own game, so it needed to be promoted somehow.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shayminslicker said:
- I really love the filler episodes in this series. Most of them were pretty entertaining if you ask me (Like that one episode where Iris and Co dressed up and acted like girls because Iris wanted revenge on a pretty snooty pair of girls who ragged on the groups Pokemon.)

Best Wishes definitely had a lot of good filler episodes such as the one you mentioned, and also from my perspective, the haunted mansion episode and the afro wig episode.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!

Better than what the games gave him... which was nothing. The Manga also did Zygarde some needed justice and he is going to be fighting Ultra Necrozma soon.

MockingJ

Banned
I might have hated some episodes from the Orange Islands journey like the steamboat episode and the Nidoran filler, but that saga did good by introducing regional variants of Kanto Pokemon like 15 years before Sun/Moon did.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Johto:
- Misty actually battled and got two good fighters (Corsola and Poliwhirl)
- Gym battles improved since Kanto pity badges
- Finally Ash VS Gary.

Thats all

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I might have hated some episodes from the Orange Islands journey like the steamboat episode and the Nidoran filler, but that saga did good by introducing regional variants of Kanto Pokemon like 15 years before Sun/Moon did.

I thought that was a pretty neat thing for the animators to do back then since it at least made certain Pokemon look distinguishable from their Kanto counterparts, although I noticed that they kind of gave up on that by the middle of the arc.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Don George
Sad they didn't keep him around. Really enjoyed seeing all those interactions and mash ups that you'll literally never see again. You never see Brock facing Paul, Misty facing Gary, Ash facing Solidad.... Cilan beating Trip was just straight awesome! Galar would be a great place for him to come back, seeing how the region loves battling.... but I doubt it

Ash's first fully evolved team. Everyone save for the gym hog Talonflame was an awesome Pokemon and I loved them all! Hope the Galar team is like this, or close enough like AG/DP where only one ain't fully evolved

SM..... Team Rocket/Bewear, Kiawe and Gladion/Lusamine. Team Rocket finally got fixed after Best Wishes broke them, I do hope Bewear gets to stay otherwise they'll likely just end up like their BW/XY selves again. And Kiawe is the first male since Brock to not feel like a waste of space in the last half of the series, plus the first one to have a battle aligned goal and focus. Making him more interesting, sure Clemont may have been... but he also had the invention thing as a focus, and his goal was mediocre as hell "I wanna be a good gym leader" Okay.... that happened when you battled Ash, he basically did nothing after that and Ash was the only battle he actually did.... yet somehow people actually think that guy's better than Brock? lol Kiawe's the only male that can compete with Brock, sorry.
I love how Lusamine wasn't resorted to her game form, and Gladion's change was also cool although I feel he got too close to Ash too fast. Those changes actually worked, unlike Lillie who just acts like a straight up brat to her mother for no valid reasoning. Lillie and SM fanboys try and fail every time, Lillie has no reason to act that way. Lusamine's the best mother she can be

My least favourite series was the Original Series since unlike others I thought that it was full of flaws most notably the pacing in Kanto and later in Johto. But even with that, I thought that some of the filler episodes were really creative and many of them made me laugh which is very rare for the anime these days. I also liked how Ash had more charisma back then than he does now.