• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SB: DarkEmerl123 vs. zhanton

Signature Battle
[X]

Theme: Lighting
Medium: Icon

blackrockshootericon2.png

WpcP7.png

Which icon is better? Post the number of that icon, include your reason if you can. No biased voting please; vote solely based on the banner's quality. Also, the themes are only guidelines so the artist knows what kind of graphic to make. All of that being said, happy voting.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
I'm going to have to be honest and say that neither of these icons especially wows me. They're alright, but they feel a little plain.

In the first one the coloring looks a little drab. I'd have liked to see more contrast. Added to that, the facial features aside from the eyes seem to have gotten a little lost.

In the second one, the coloring on Taylor Swift's hair looks great--and I always find working with images that have blonde hair somewhat of a challenge for some reason--but it just doesn't make much of an impression on me otherwise. And I really dislike the overexposure on the face.

I'm going to end up voting for #1 since the whispy effects do really suit the image and it generally looks like the more dynamic option of the two.

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Voting for Number 1.

Number 1 has some good editing work and has used a light texture over the image, although I would have used a different filter/layer effect for that lighting in the top right corner.
Number 2 fits the theme well, but they made the left side of the face too bright, bleaching out detail of fingers and the edge of her face.

Other than that, I agree with Skiyomi, they're both pretty simple and plain.

Akemi Skye

Jyousei-Shinkou
In terms of editing quality, number one is the better choice. To me, number two doesn't have much going on aside from a basic white border. But it seems like number one used some faded lens flares to at least offset the graphic a bit to further enhance the focal points of the design.

But I've have to be inclined to agree in that both graphics are relatively bland.