• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SB Stallteam, built around Celebi

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
I've used this team for quite a while now, but since wobba got into play, it seems like the amount of good battlers on shoddy has decreased. So to remove the dust of this team, I decided to post it, and maybe add some improvements. It's a stallteam, built around my own celebi set:

dpmfa472.png

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Lead, SR setup, and secondary wall. I always find stealth rock very usefull to set up inmediatly. Because of the oh so popular threat of garchomp, I decided to give it Ice Fang, and it already slaughtered dozens of landsharks (and the occasional DDmence). Though it lacks Aerial Ace, I use it as my main heracross counter, stalling with Roost and chipping away damage with Toxic Spikes and EQ.

dpmfa251.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Protect

Core, annoyer, staller, and CB scouter. with Leech Seed, and Toxic Spikes, damage adds fast on the opponent, Toxifying more pokémon while they switch in. With protect, it beats every CBt Pursuiter in the game: Protect, if it uses pursuit, stay in and stall (CB Pursuit from TTar does about 40% damage). If some other Dark move is coming your way, switch to Lucario or Heatran for sweeping, or Forretress to set up, whatever you desire. Also a great way of nailing Heracross, who tend to switch in a lot on Celebi without Psychic.

dpmfa205.png

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/192 Def/66 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Light Screen
- Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Wall, Toxic Spikes setup, spinner and support, quite self-explaining. Light Screen helps out almost my entire team, making Celebi near immortal, Spiritomb a blissey-worthy special wall, and giving easier switchins for Lucario and Heatran. And of course, it lets Forretress survive 2 turns against Magnezone (if it's lacking HP Fire), so I can setup Toxic Spikes.

dpmfa448.png

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch

Physical sweeper. Rule #1 of stalling: always have something to clean up the mess. Lucario does this. With a swords dance and Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock support, this thing rips lots of physical walls apart. Hippowdon doesn't survive a boosted Close Combat after switching in while SR and Tspikes are active, cress eats a Crunch, and go on. Extremespeed is also very usefull when cleaning up pokémon that are weakened by Celebi.

dpmfa485.png

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 18 Atk/240 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Special sweeper. When D/P just came out, I always thought Heatran was worthless, and now it's on almost every team I make. I almost never use Explosion, so I run Modest instead of a -def nature.

dpmfa442.png

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/38 Atk/220 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Pursuit
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

PP staller, special wall and status absorbtion. Though I have to admid that it isn't the best of special walls, it works good enough for me. The given spread OHKOs Alakazam, Mismagius and Gengar when they switch out on a Pursuit, and 2HKOs TTar with HP Fight. Toxic Spikes and Pressure are a very mean combination.

Thanks in advance for your rate.

Last edited:

Zbynek

Don´t know anything about Heatran,but why naive on Heatran?

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
naive is + Speed - Special Defense, and because this Heatran needs the big speed, and uses both Atk and SAtk, I need to lower a Defense. Because I want to switch in together with Reflect, -SDef is better that way.

Cerulean21

Time Traveller
I don't think Protect is very good on Celebi, especially not, if for something this situational as Pursuit (really, I use Celebi since quite a while now in competitive battling and not once have I faced a pursuiter). I'd recommend Heal Bell instead, since Stall Teams do not like Status, Reflect would also be a good option if you are really afraid of Pursuit, same goes for U-Turn/Baton Pass.

I_will_pwn_u_all74

read my name again
your team

not a bad team i have to say. i'm the person that likes to just use straight off hits but your team is good to set each other up.

i give it a 4 and a half out of five

Signed

;493;

Zbynek

naive is + Speed - Special Defense, and because this Heatran needs the big speed, and uses both Atk and SAtk, I need to lower a Defense. Because I want to switch in together with Reflect, -SDef is better that way.
OK,thanks.(and I know what is naive nature)

I_will_pwn_u_all74

read my name again
some advice

u should get your heatran to lvl 100 and teach it magma storm in its last slot.
magma storm does insane amounts of damage and surronds the target in a magma storm.;485;;485;;485;

Cerulean21

Time Traveller
u should get your heatran to lvl 100 and teach it magma storm in its last slot.
magma storm does insane amounts of damage and surronds the target in a magma storm.;485;;485;;485;

This is competitive battling. ALL pokemon will be Level 100. But otherwise, Fire Blast has more base Power than magma storm. And as far as I remember heatran would get trapped in it (like outrage)

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
I don't think Protect is very good on Celebi, especially not, if for something this situational as Pursuit (really, I use Celebi since quite a while now in competitive battling and not once have I faced a pursuiter). I'd recommend Heal Bell instead, since Stall Teams do not like Status, Reflect would also be a good option if you are really afraid of Pursuit, same goes for U-Turn/Baton Pass.

I don't need heal bell, because I use spiritomb for status absorbtion. Also, I find Heal Bell celebi to be too predictable. Protect has more benefits then only Pursuit, it lets me scout Choisers (who are very often switchins on Celebi), stall for more Toxic Spikes damage, Leftover recovery AND Leech Seed draining, and can defeat pursuiters that are slower than celebi (baton passing/Uturning out of a slower enemy that uses pursuit still doubles your damage).

nubinator

Banned
not a bad team i have to say. i'm the person that likes to just use straight off hits but your team is good to set each other up.

i give it a 4 and a half out of five

Signed

;493;
oh god lol i havnt seen somthing as retarded like this since Eefi-chan's team.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
And as far as I remember heatran would get trapped in it (like outrage)

Negative.

It traps the opponent, ala Fire Spin or Wrap. It doesn't lock you into repeated use of the move.

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
thanks for the free bumps, but do you have something to say about the team, too?

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
Modest Heatran.

._.

read the pokémon explainations before you rate. this heatran is built to outspeed the outspeeders of scarf heracross. for that, he needs a + speed nature.

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
humpty bumpty.

I made some changes to the team: Heatran is now Timid, but I decided to keep Explosion for in case of emergency. Forretress got Light screen instead of Reflect, and I put the Atk EVs into SDef.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
you ought to change your gliscors ability to sand viel. this team may not have sandstream (which makes no sense to me as 4 of 6 are imune) but its the most comon weather efect and your likly to see it often. plus gliscor having is attack reduced isn't a problem as he's a wall who will probably be costantly switched in and out.

Alzi

Toon link
Since it's a stall team forretress is going to be switching in and out alot if your opponents trys his own stall so you need some sort of wish support.

If you can just fit sandstorm in there somewhere then you will piss of more people with your stall.

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
Good point, I'll change Gliscor's Ability to Sand Veil.

A Wishpasser would've been very nice, but it just doesn't fit in. Forretress isn't meant to switch a lot anyways, because Celebi does the physical walling other than its weaks (which are covered by Gliscor).

Also, I don't want sandstorm because it's a celebi stall team, and Celebi doesn't like residual damage. I asked her myself.