• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SB: This is Nicole vs. pupintheturd

Signature Battle
[X]

Theme: Freestyle
Medium: Banner

Loseyourcolour.png

http://i54.*******.com/w7xzm8.jpg

Which banner is better? Post the number of that banner and include your reason. No biased voting; vote solely based on the banner's quality. No repeating the reasoning of someone else. If I find your reasoning to be insufficient your vote will not count. Also, please remember that the theme does not represent the graphics' quality and the graphics should not be judged on it.

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
Arceus...these are both GREAT!
I have to say though, I like #2 more. It has a great sense of lighing and depth. Though I have to say the text placement isnt the best.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Since I'm assuming there's no theme, I gotta go with #1 because the splatter paint effect in this banner pays of perfectly.

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
There is a theme, Freestyle.

I choose #1 because the colors and text. The pose is nicer too.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
There is a theme, Freestyle.

I assumed Freestyle meant no theme, but its still #1, just because it looks blended with free-ness and style, while number 2 just looks free.

hahha, freestyle as a theme means pretty much no theme, you do what you want! ;) Plat. Frontier had it right~

By the way, amazing entry! Nicely done!

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Oh wow this is tough.

Both banners are absolutely phenomenal. The use of lighting and colours in the first one really complement the stock and add to the tone of the banner, and the text looks great too. The brushes are really dynamic as well.

The use of lighting in the second banner is once again great and the use of brushes looks nice as well. The text on this one is also great and as a whole the banner flows very nicely.

I'm a big fan of both of these banners and in all honesty picking one of them is difficult. However, I'm voting for #1 as the vibrant colours give it a slight edge over the second.

Bhatman

Chilled Hottie
Jolly cow, this is hard.

First, let me say, both the banners are very well done. I literally had a "woah" moment when the page loaded. Props to both of you.

#1 -> I really really like the colors of the banner, the brushes/c4ds create a beautiful flow and also creating a lovely sense of depth. I love the text, especially the "comet tail" effect next to "Lose". And the smudge/splatter effects look phenomenal.

#2 -> I love the disintegration effect to the stock, colors look great. I really like the text though especially the "Away" text, can you PM me the font you chose? My only real complaint is that I don't like that big orange curve/brush. All in all it's a great banner though.

Well done guys, my vote goes to both of you #1

Ok so, first criticism in a while.

1# Nice try, I like the use of colours- they complement each other really well, and also you didn't use the brightest shades which (when painted onto black) can look too bright and make the banner seem oversaturated, leading to the whole thing becoming a bit of an eyesore. The use of c4d's is also really good. They fit the flow of the banner flawlessly, I hope you spent ages looking for those because finding the right c4ds always takes me way longer than I'd like xD The banner has a lot of action and flaire, it's well presented and has a decent layout. However, the choice of render is poor. Considering you're putting it onto an already dark background, I don't see why you chose a dark render- for a theme which isn't really dark. It means the render becomes almost lost in transition, and so then the first thing we are drawn to is the effects around the render and not the render itself, so the banner loses it's key focal point and therefore probably its most vital aspect. Overall I would say the banner is too dark, with dance themes people always use bright colours and vivid lighting: you need more of them. So to wrap it up.

Good: Great flow, Great colour scheme, banner has a lot of action.
Improve: Lighting- the whole thing's too dark, render- think a lot about your render before starting on the graphic. The 'Your colour' text is also slightly lagged which looks unprofessional.

2# Okay, I wrote way too much for number one so I'm going to try and make this one shorter and sweeter. Colours- good, they again mix well and are good choice of shades to accompany your render. Lighting- great, good soft tones yet dark enough to portray depth. Text is well placed and well formatted, is noticeable but doesn't draw focus. Render is a good choice, creates good flow is well sharpened and nicely positioned, however, be careful not to rub away too much of your render (see bottom left.) Also, I like the uneven border- classy touch. On the other hand, I think this banner is a bit too generic. You lack any really impressive photoshop (or image manipulation) skills as it doesn't stand out from the crowd, 90% of people with photoshop can adjust the colours, brush on some lighting then add in a few fractals for effect- try something more ambitious. Go crazy with some other styles- live a little! So in summary...

Good: Colours- great, lighting- great, render- good, text- good. So overall a damn good piece.
Improve: Be more ambitious!

My vote goes to #2 because overall i believe it is the better piece graphically, despite being horribly ordinary #1's choice of render really let it down imo.

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
Number 1

I loved both, I had to think long and hard about it, but I feel that Number 1 had a better flow to it that really emphasises the movement of the figure, and the contrast and lighting of the C4D's create a sort of trance and techno vibe.
The random orange arc on Number 2 really bugged me after a while, it just broke the whole image =[