• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scare at the Litwick Mansion! (688)

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh my gawd people, must you always obsess over your goddamn filler debates instead of discussing the episode at hand? Let's face it: You're never, ever going to reach a consensus about this.

Those who only care about Ash's collection of shiny tokens will label every non-Gym episode as filler. Those who're just a tiny bit more lenient, in that they want to see every person/establishment/story arc featured in the games, will discard the random CotD eps. Those who're excited to see the Pokémon will put every Pokémon debut into their non-filler collection. And finally, those who don't give a damn about anything but the fact that they want to be entertained in some way... won't give a damn. They'll make their very own, unique categories on what's worth watching and what isn't.

Seriously, I don't mind if people occasionally mention that a certain episode wasn't worth watching to them. But the sheer number of times you guys use this word gives the term "bad F word" a whole new meaning.

Overall, I thought the episode was really cleverly done. We were kind of thrown right into the action this time, what with Team Rocket trying to set up new headquarters and having (seemingly) befriended the Litwick group. The viewer also found out about Litwick's true intentions pretty late into the episode, which makes it very different from the Togepi ep, for instance.

It was also cool how the Litwick tried to keep up their life-leeching intentions hidden for as long as possible, by cutting off the PokeDex description halfway through for example. The little hints they dropped along the way - like TR noticing that Litwick's flames were gradually growing brighter and bigger - were also nice.

Other highlights for me:
- Just about everything Cilan screamed said or did.
- Litwick
- I didn't want them to do a 100% repeat of Iris' and Cilan's spirits vs. science debate, but was secretly hoping that at least a little bit of it would crop up again. And it did :]
- Litwick
- Ash's scary "SO YOUUU DID ALLLL THISSSS..."
- Litwick
- Twerp/TR teamwork! <3

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Oh my gawd people, must you always obsess over your goddamn filler debates instead of discussing the episode at hand? Let's face it: You're never, ever going to reach a consensus about this.

Those who only care about Ash's collection of shiny tokens will label every non-Gym episode as filler. Those who're just a tiny bit more lenient, in that they want to see every person/establishment/story arc featured in the games, will discard the random CotD eps. Those who're excited to see the Pokémon will put every Pokémon debut into their non-filler collection. And finally, those who don't give a damn about anything but the fact that they want to be entertained in some way... won't give a damn. They'll make their very own, unique categories on what's worth watching and what isn't.

Seriously, I don't mind if people occasionally mention that a certain episode wasn't worth watching to them. But the sheer number of times you guys use this word gives the term "bad F word" a whole new meaning.

Quoted for truth!

Haunter ゴースト

Hah definetly not awkward for saying this after the post above me but...

Filler.

Not that Im saying I don't enjoy filler episodes, a lot of them are to debut a certain Pokemon and is often a good thing, it just seems wrong to spoil the perfect flow of Best Wishes so far.

However it was bound to happen eventually so why not now.

Overall though I did enjoy the episode reminds me a lot of the Indigo League with the amount of comedy aspects added into this series which is really enjoyable in my opinion.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
apparently seger is telling team rocket about litwicks habit of playing innocent while they suck the life out of people. atleast thats what they are saying in the other forums.
^This. JJM were convinced that the Litwick were their friends and were easily manipulable, but it was actually the other way around.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
No, they were telling him about the progress with their work. They'd been busy trying to turn the mansion into an adequate hideout for Team Rocket and called Professor Seger to ask for reinforcement.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
No, they were telling him about the progress with their work. They'd been busy trying to turn the mansion into an adequate hideout for Team Rocket and called Professor Seger to ask for reinforcement.

I'm glad that my theory was wrong. We know they'll be back to their ridiculous selves if other members of Team Rocket call them incompetent boobs

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
I'm glad that my theory was wrong. We know they'll be back to their ridiculous selves if other members of Team Rocket call them incompetent boobs

YEEESSS!!!! I knew it!!!!! I'mmm SOO glad they're funny again!!! You just couldn't take meowth seriously.

Y'know, I kinda like this TR. They have their personalities back, yet they're still pretty competent. Except, I hate how they use Sinnoh's theme for the motto (even though I like it), instead of making a new one

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I've gotta say, despite being a filler, this was a good episode. I was actually really impressed at how they actually brought a dangerous trait of a pokemon into the anime ie; Litwick's draining of people's life force for fuel. Although it had been energy (which matches another pokedex entry for them) here, it really was clear that these Litwick weren't playing around and were literally trying to kill Ash, Iris, Dento and TRio. That's something I'd only ever expect to come up in the manga, especially given how other ghost pokemon have never really done dark things before. Kinda makes me wonder how anyone can train a Litwick without being killed by it.

Though did anyone else find that that one scene where Ash, Iris and Dento were being floated around the dining room on the chairs reminded them of the scene from the episode Tower of Terror where pretty much that exact same kind of thing happens?

Though one thing I'd love to know, why did Ash scan Lampent when, unless I'm mistaken, he scanned Shooti's back when he saw it. Did he really forget everything about it in just 6 episodes?

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Dammit, it's not online or on youtube. I guess I have to use episode photos.

This episode looks good, totally based on Team Rocket.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Wasn't there a new ending? I can't seem to find it online. It did air today I think

Rapiido

Man the group dynamic of the trio keeps getting better and better each episode. Also Cilan is currently winning for most hilarious main character yet.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Just saw the episode (my second non-dub episode) and I must say I enjoyed it. I had a great mixture of humor, suspence, and awesome. This episode is one of the best Unova episodes so far, and I hope more like it will come in the future. I originally watched it to see what TRio was up to, and I like what I see. I might not be able to understand Japanese, but I can tell TRio has some of their old personality back, so I'm quite happy.

Episode Highlights
* Iris Summoning rain
* the Litwicks haunting Ash & co. at the beginning
* Ash doing a headstand for no reason and Iris making a "you're such a kid" face
* the TR motto slowing down to reflect the TRio's health
* TR/Twerp Team up
* Yamask in action

I think this is the first time where the Anime portays a ghost type as evil., which I have to say "Finally!". For the past 13 years we've had to watch Ghost and Dark types as heroes or playful trickster only, despite Pokedex entries and games hinting that some of these Pokemon are not as nice as they appear. The fact that an envoy of happiness Togepi is the first evil Pokemon says a lot. Look at the list below to see what I mean:

Lavander Tower Gastly, Haunter, & Gengar: playful tricksters
Johto Houndoom: nice mail man
Summer school Dusknoir: Hero
10th movie Darkrai: Hero
11th movie Giratina: Hero
Unova Litwick & Lampert: Evil!

I hope this opens the door to future appearences of evil Pokemon. Let's watch a Jellicent drag Iris to the bottom of the sea!

Am I the only who was scaried for TRio this episode? Those Litwick were sapping away their souls, turning them into weak, gaunt sacks of bones. It was a depressing sight. Any moment I was expecting one of them to fall on the ground and have a heart attack.

I really like James' Yamask and its adorable voice. Does anyone else think the Japanese Yamask voice sounds like the English Bayleef voice? I do, and I hope TPCi choose Bayleaf's voice acter/actress for Yamask if they want it to sound like its Japanese voice.

Overrall, this was a fantastic episode, and I look forward to the next episode with TRio and Yamask in it. 10/10. :562:

BlueDragonfangirl

This was a good filler for Best Wishes, Dento and Ash were funny here and I loved seeing Team Rocket/Ash and friends work together, Ash saving Dento was nice.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Today, our heroes are...suffering from the heat. Lucky bastards. Do they know just how FREEZING it is today where I live? THEY OUGHT TO SUFFER.
-Then it turns into a thunderstorm in the blink of an eye. It's like an instant horror movie(just add gullible characters)!
-Of course, the big creepy mansion is ALWAYS the best place to go to get out of the rain.
-TR seems to still have a bit of their serious side showing(though they're Pikachu-obssessed once again). More importantly, they all look pretty tired! Shouldn't they be going to bed instead of chasing down the twerps?
-Meanwhile, Dento compliments Iris on her rain-sensing abilities, and Ash tries to one-up her by...doing a handstand. Oi.
-Freaky stuff starts happening, and Iris has a weird feeling about it all. Beginning countdown until Dento tries to rationalize all this with ~science~...
-All of it was the wind? That's pretty weak, Dento.
-I'd comment on how awesome the faces are this episode...but I think that's getting redundant by now. I guess part of the animation staff's goals in BW was to have all the faces be awesome.
-And then a floating statue tried to bean our heroes with an umbrella.
-And then Dento runs away in horror(while screaming like a girl!) before Iris and Ash follow. And then I remember that I should be calling him Cilan now. OLD HABITS DIE HARD.
-Having escaped their terror, our heroes...find the chairs they're sitting on(and, by extension, themselves) wildly flying in the air!
-Hey look, Kenny's old coordinator outfit got haunted! ...but what's it doing in Unova?
-Pikachu, having temporarily escaped the mayham, uses a tried and true method to try to stop it: SHOCKING THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING.
-The Litwick are revealed, and Ash...is pretty pissed!
-And then he takes a moment to calm down and look up its Pokedex ent...the Pokedex just died! OH GOD WHAT KIND OF BATTERIES DO THOSE THINGS EVEN TAKE?!
-And then there was an extended joke about...whatever moshimoshi means. Hell if I know, I don't speak Japanese beyond a few words that pop up a couple million times in various anime.
-REVENGE OF THE YAMASK! ...only not really.
-And then Team Rocket enconters the twerps for the first time since....uh......er....um....well, I guess technically it would have been in the skipped TP VS TR episodes?
-Aw, lookit that Litwick just chilling out in Dento's arms. IT'S SO CUUUUUTE. (then again, Litwick are ALWAYS adorable as hell. Dawww, look at them with their emo hair and their little purple flames and...)
-JJ&M still aren't doing so hot. I wonder if being in a mansion full of ghost Pokemon could POSSIBLY have anything to do with that?
-Hm, and the Litwick's flames are now burning bigger than before...naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
-...come to think of it, since the Litwick are obviously sapping TR's energy...isn't it kind of a bad idea for Dento to be lugging one around?
-And then another Litwick tries to KILL OUR HEROES BY DROPPING CHANDELIERS ON THEM. Also one of them takes the time to creep up behind Axew and act creepy.
-Ash and the gang are safe(again), but now Axew's missing!
-And now Pikachu's missing, once again right after a Litwick snuck up on it in a rather creepy way.
-Looks like JJ&M are still in contact with Evil Mark Twain that scientist dude.
-Evil Mark Twain does Jessie & James the service of telling them that they need to get out of there since the Litwick are kind of STEALING THEIR LIFE ENERGY.
-Jessie and James are ready to get out of there, but wait! MEOWTH IS MISSING!
-Iris and Ash desperately call out for their missing Pokemon, while I assume that Dento's feeling rather thankful that none of his Pokemon are permanently outside of their Pokeballs.
-Dento has Ash look up the rest of the Litwick dex entry that got cut off earlier, and...the news ain't good!
-Holy shit Jessie & James honestly look like they're about to die.
-Seriously guys, you're about to die. This is no time to be reciting your motto.
-Oh god, now Lampent's showed up and it blasted a hole in the wall and now it's trying to suck everyone into the spirit world. Jesus hell, all these ghost candles/lamps are just EVIL.
-...and Dento still finds time to get in a "bad taste" quip.
-Oh god all the Pokemon are literally on the verge of being sucked through to the Other Side.
-Oh god where are they now this looks like a mini version of the whole "city trapped in another dimension" thing from movie 10.
-This situation is pretty legitmately terrifying. Everyone's trying to fight back but NOTHING IS WORKING.
-Oh fuck Jessie's lost her grip and are going to be sucked into the great beyo-ASH SAVED THE DAY!
-Oh shit Dento got hit with a shadow all and is about to fly into the eth-JAMES SAVED THE DAY!
-ITS B...bu...bu(something)do...what the fuck did Dento just say?...TIME!
-And once again, the day is saved, thanks to: TEAMWORK! (also the ghosts being thrown into the void, but who cares about them? They're a bunch of evil assholes!)
-And of course, it turns out that the mansion was ruined all along.
-TEAM ROCKET'S...jet packing...OFF AGAIN!
-And then it started raining again. But this time the twerps take shelter in a tree that conveniently has a giant hole in it. (although...since the Litwick & Lampent were cleared out of the mansion, shouldn't it be semi-safe to stay there now?)

Basically, the episode can be summed up with this: Holy shit, Litwick are evil.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder what this implies about Trip's ghost? Is it "good", or did Trip Chuck Norris it into obedience?

Kdude146

just saw the EP and I loved it! I had no idea that cute little Litwicks could be so evil and want to kill humans and pokemon also I love the TR Sinnoh BGM and am so happy they are using it again! I hope that TR will be back in every episode from now on and they keep them 50/50!!!!

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Wonder what this implies about Trip's ghost? Is it "good", or did Trip Chuck Norris it into obedience?
You just gave me a hilarious mental image of Trip roundhouse kicking his Lampent seconds after it does one of those 'evil look behind your back' moments.