• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scare at the Litwick Mansion! (688)

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Team Rocket as enjoyable and it was awesome to finally see an evil pokemon. Can't wait to see more of Trip's Lampent.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I think Dent said "It's Friend Time!" after James saved him. :/

Any excuse for Cilan to say "It's _____ Time!" But I'm glad this wasn't a filler, I wonder if episode 31, will be out first filler and I loved the face, Axew and Iris made, when they were scared in the episode.

dman_dustin

Filler or not?

I don't know nor care.

I mean personally, I guess I can see how this episode can be skipped without affected continuity, but you know since Best Wishes started, it was great to have a real Team Rocket / Twerp interaction, at least since the whole serious business went away after the Plasma Rocket episodes since it looks like Giovanni seemed to stop caring about the Unova Regon. We really need to see what happened.

So in that sense, I really wouldn't classify this as a filler. As it should set a standard on how Team Rocket should interact with the twerps (you know not the buddy/buddy sense, but competent and only failing due to some outside force), and also they shouldn't blast off from a Pokemon attack and should escape like they did in this episode and other episodes.

However, any episode after this episode with the same general layout, sure, I'll call it a filler. Though sense people screwed that term up beyond all recognition, I wouldn't really like to call it that.

As for Yamask using shadow ball. I don't know if that's enough for me. Something like Gligar revealing three attacks in one episode, sure (though I'm sure many people classify that one as filler). But one move. I mean sure I can see why people wouldn't make such a big deal about it since I agree learning a move is different than showcasing a move. Though on the other hand I can see why learning a move is no different than showcasing a move (I mean think about it, would it really matter if we got an episode devoted to Snivy learning Leaf Blade or not? They'd still end up having the same outcome. If a Pokemon can showcase an episode outside of it's debut episode and not have it mean anything long term, would it really matter if there was an episode devoted to learning said move)

The only exception would be something like Pikachu and Buizel. They had four moves, suddenly pulling a move out of their butts when they already had four, does need a little bit more explaining.

But take Tepig for example Would it really make any difference if Tepig suddenly began using Flame Charge if it didn't learn it in the gym episode? I mean sure I guess you can argue, why didn't Ash use that move sooner. But details, details....

-----------

Anyway my two favorite scenes of this episode:

-Cilan screaming (like a girl).

- Jessie sending out Woobat. I mean seriously I thought she was going to die after she sent it out, since it took so much effort just to call it out.

Their motto was okay, but I didn't like it too much because it felt drawn out. Which I guess was the point, but it's not like I really enjoy listening to the motto. Edit: Except you know when we get "sexy" animation with it, like in BW025.

Last edited:

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
I'm miffed! Yet again, the writers though making Litwick a super threat, made him unobtainable for Ash and dashes yet another favorite for my favorite protagonist.
Writers!!!!!!!

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
so was their an new endding for this episode

Hercule

average shiny hunter
Any excuse for Cilan to say "It's _____ Time!" But I'm glad this wasn't a filler, I wonder if episode 31, will be out first filler and I loved the face, Axew and Iris made, when they were scared in the episode.

I doubt saying "I'm glad this wasn't a filler" in every post is going to convince people that this wasn't a filler episode ;)

Anyway, It was a funny episode but i liked the old ending a little more.

Bardische

Elegance.
I liked how the episode showcased Litwick and Lampent's ability to drain the life force of their victims. At least, if I was looking at the episode pictures right.

Can't wait for Chandelure to shrivel them up :D

playerking

I doubt saying "I'm glad this wasn't a filler" in every post is going to convince people that this wasn't a filler episode ;)

Anyway, It was a funny episode but i liked the old ending a little more.

They can think what they want to, people have different definitions of filler, and they are allowed to have those opinions, but peoples terms of non-filler did include, Pokemon learning new moves, since Yamask used Shadow Ball for the first time, even if James already knew that it already knows that, it counts as a non-filler to me.

But I was just stating that I'm happy, there have been 29 episodes, and no real fillers, well in my opinion and others.

Anyway, did the Litwick and Lampent actually begin to suck the lives out of people. That would be interesting to see, because of their Dex entry.

Last edited:

Chill92

Hm Team Rocket didn't get blasted off and no Meowth fantasy? I now don't mind team rocket like this and it sure was a long time since they teamed up with the "twerps". Ok episode

playerking

So they're back to their old roots, but they're are still keeping parts of their serious selves, interesting, very, very interesting.

gliscor&yanmega

I'd say this is my new second favorite episode of Best Wishes(Still doesn't beat BW020).

With each new episode, I find myself liking Cilan more and more, I hope that doesn't change.

Jessie, James, and Meowth are just how I thought they would turn out, to me they are perfect now. I love the comedic Team Rocket, and I love the serious Team Rocket, but a mix of the two is great, this time Team Rocket aren't being treated as complete clowns where they blast off all the time...well they technically blasted off this episode but in a better way then all the other time. I hope this is how it stays, couldn't ask for anything more then this, hopefully they have some episodes where they have more of a serious role though but other then that I see no way to make them even more better.

Cilan look so good with Litwick, too bad one of them didn't change their ways and just went with Cilan. Oh well.

Ash and Iris didn't stand out much to me in this episode, aside from Ash saving Jessie and working with her to fight the Litwicks and Lampent.

I liked how Ash saved Jessie and James saved Cilan, I feel it's better that way over both Ash and Cilan saving Jessie and James.

Yamask is fun, I like it, can't wait to see more from it.

This episode was kind of a comedic horror episode for me, it was scary but funny. This would have made a great horror film, just would need to make it more for a mature audience.

Great episode over all for me.

Rikudo Sennin

Sage of the 6 Paths
You people argue over the most POINTLESS things ever, I feel like this is a community of 12-year-olds that have nothing better to do. I came here looking for some decent reactions on the episode, and I find a ridiculous banter on whether this episode is a filler or not. Who cares? What difference does it make in the end?? Is it less of an episode because it is a filler?

Saying that this is "my definition of a filler and I don't care what anyone else thinks" does not make it right, that's an immature reaction that I would expect from little kids. I don't like to argue over such stupid, trivial things, but most of you are just so wrong that it's overwhelmingly embarrassing that I feel I have to say something bout it, you all can chose to ignore this, but you know who you are in the end.

With that said, a filler is an episode that contributes NOTHING to the main story, that is a side story of sorts, usually a one-episode story and that when skipped altogether does not affect the continuity of the anime. This episode is the definition of a Best Wishes filler if there ever was one, and it should be noted that being a filler isn't detrimental to the quality of the episode itself, I thought this episode was enjoyable.

Now I don't see why people have to debate this with bogus remarks, Yamask DID NOT learn an attack in this episode, this is a fact, he just used one we hadn't seen before - we haven't even seen its full attack set yet for crying out loud!

Also people keep throwing out there the fact that the team Rocket scientist guy showed up in this episode, so all of a sudden it's not a filler because of that?
Seriously? He didn't even say anything about team rocket's plans, he just told them about Litwick's ability, which we find out later anyway.
Your arguments that he's a "recurring" character? That holds absolutely no credence in the matter, it's like saying because Sasuke shows up during filler episodes in naruto, the episode isn't one because he's in it. Listen to what you're saying before you throw it out there, it makes absolutely no sense. Again, a minor character showing up for 15 seconds does not a canon episode make!

Now in regards to that Sandile episode, we had Pikachu actually learn one of his main attacks on screen and the establishment of one of his new rivals, someone who is definitely going to be showing up again and who also happened to evolve in the episode due to his grudge/rivalry against pikachu! You tell me if that is a filler or not, at least when compared to the litwick episode, where nothing happened that will impact the future episodes.

dman_dustin

Seriously? He didn't even say anything about team rocket's plans, he just told them about Litwick's ability, which we find out later anyway.
Your arguments that he's a "recurring" character? That holds absolutely no credence in the matter, it's like saying because Sasuke shows up during filler episodes in naruto, the episode isn't one because he's in it. Listen to what you're saying before you throw it out there, it makes absolutely no sense. Again, a minor character showing up for 15 seconds does not a canon episode make!

Two things:

1, You are aware according to Sushi, at least I think this is what's going on. But Team Rocket was briefing Seger, and when they mentioned Litwick, that's when he told them about their ability.

2. Litwick caused Seger's feed to end before he could continue. If it Litwick wasn't an issue at all, isn't it possible Team Rocket could've gotten orders from Seger of some kind.

I'm not using this as counterargument, but Seger wasn't in the episode merely for the sole purpose of telling Jessie and James about Litwick even if it turned out that way.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I found this Episode to be really awsome in almost every way. The only things i didn't like about it was 1: Cilan didn't capture Litwick (not that i thought he would)! and Protect again??? Oh well...
And it was nice to see some cooperation between Team Rocket and the others ^^. I think the writers has really succeeded with Best Wishes. Pokémon is awsome again! :D

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So, this is probably my favorite episode of Best Wishes. It was great all around.

Some good funny moments. Cilan screaming, Iris' face when Ash's Pokedex ran out of batteries, the motto with TR half-dead.

This episode almost felt...sad too. Team Rocket was pretty much dying from the Litwicks and Lampent (I did not know they had this creepy ability.) It was awesome to see Ash save Jessie and James save Cilan, and then they go back to their scheming ways. I like this new Team Rocket, a blend of old and new.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
This episode was pretty damn awesome filler or not. (I'm not gonna say what I think either way cuz I think the debate is just silly)

gliscor&yanmega

You people argue over the most POINTLESS things ever, I feel like this is a community of 12-year-olds that have nothing better to do. I came here looking for some decent reactions on the episode, and I find a ridiculous banter on whether this episode is a filler or not. Who cares? What difference does it make in the end?? Is it less of an episode because it is a filler?

Saying that this is "my definition of a filler and I don't care what anyone else thinks" does not make it right, that's an immature reaction that I would expect from little kids. I don't like to argue over such stupid, trivial things, but most of you are just so wrong that it's overwhelmingly embarrassing that I feel I have to say something bout it, you all can chose to ignore this, but you know who you are in the end.

With that said, a filler is an episode that contributes NOTHING to the main story, that is a side story of sorts, usually a one-episode story and that when skipped altogether does not affect the continuity of the anime. This episode is the definition of a Best Wishes filler if there ever was one, and it should be noted that being a filler isn't detrimental to the quality of the episode itself, I thought this episode was enjoyable.

Now I don't see why people have to debate this with bogus remarks, Yamask DID NOT learn an attack in this episode, this is a fact, he just used one we hadn't seen before - we haven't even seen its full attack set yet for crying out loud!

Also people keep throwing out there the fact that the team Rocket scientist guy showed up in this episode, so all of a sudden it's not a filler because of that?

Now in regards to that Sandile episode, we had Pikachu actually learn one of his main attacks on screen and the establishment of one of his new rivals, someone who is definitely going to be showing up again and who also happened to evolve in the episode due to his grudge/rivalry against pikachu! You tell me if that is a filler or not, at least when compared to the litwick episode, where nothing happened that will impact the future episodes.

The filler talk died down so why bring it up again?

Like I said, from what I've seen of what a filler is. A recurring character appearing means it's not a filler, Serger is a recurring character. So it's not a filler from the definition that I seen.

Also, we never seen Yamask use Shadow Ball before(It may have used it before in BW026 but that has yet to be seen), this provides development on the Pokemon. In such a way that it has changed from what it once was. Before it was just a no moved Yamask, this episode made it a one move Yamask. That is development and development isn't in filler.

Overall, a filler is a fanmade term. It doesn't matter if an episode is a filler or not, but people can discuss it if they like, there is no harm in it.

Also there's different kinds of fillers, Naruto and Pokemon have different kinds. Naruto anime is based on the manga, anything not in the manga is filler. Pokemon isn't based on it's manga.

In the end, it is a matter of opinion since "filler" isn't even real.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Hey, remember what Sushi said a while ago?
Oh my gawd people, must you always obsess over your goddamn filler debates instead of discussing the episode at hand? Let's face it: You're never, ever going to reach a consensus about this.
Yeah. Let's take that to heart and stop the filler debate/derail. I mean, does it even matter if it's a "filler" as long as the episode was fun? I certainly don't think so, and I can never figure out why you people care so much about "omg its filler" vs "no its not!!1". Just relax and enjoy the episodes for what they are. :/

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
Hey, remember what Sushi said a while ago?

Yeah. Let's take that to heart and stop the filler debate/derail. I mean, does it even matter if it's a "filler" as long as the episode was fun? I certainly don't think so, and I can never figure out why you people care so much about "omg its filler" vs "no its not!!1". Just relax and enjoy the episodes for what they are. :/

I agree totally. It was a really Great episode, and it would be a lot nicer to discuss the episode's awsomeness instead of an Endless and Pointless battle that never has, or will, go somewhere.
A lot of people should really stand in the Chamber of Understanding for a while ^^