• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scariest movie you've watched?

Zirak

Not really scary but the movie that got to me the most was The Mist, mostly because it shows how the human mind reacts under pressure.
Also felt really sorry about him in the end but can't deny I actually though in my head how owned he got.

Blair Witch Project. Then I found out it was fake. But the website and the movie made it looks so real :(.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
"Paranormal Activity"......It weirded me out. Had to make sure it was fake and not based on a true story.

Now, I've watched horror films since I was a baby, (Started with stuff like "Friday the Thirteenth" and "Halloween" when I was as young as two. No joke.) but "Paranormal Activities" Scared the hell out of me....for reasons I don't want to go into here. (Although you're free to PM/VM me if you care, which I doubt you do.)

"The Ring" Scared me when it first came out....mostly, because RIGHT AFTER I had watched it...I did get a phone call. (It was my aunt, but you have to admit, that would be scary.)

"The Blair Witch Project" Scared me when I first saw it, because I was only ten at the time...and because, not terribly far from where I live, there (was) a small house that looked EXACTLY like the house at the end. It had the same scrawlings on the walls, the same basement, everything. It's been like that since, at least, the Eighties, so it's not a copy made to look like the house in the film. (Interestingly enough, a week after my dad and I went to that house it.....vanished. Not like it got knocked down, Vanished. Like it was never there. The Pear tree outside was still there (those are the best pears in the world) but the house wasn't. The grass had grown to be chest high, so it likely wasn't just knocked down. I know we were at the right place because A) The Pear Tree and B)The landmarks around it, like "Ol' Condom Bridge" and such.)

~Nemmeh

Last edited:

Thumper

.H O.
... The Exorcist.
That **** was messed up, and I don't even get scared that easy... I usually love watching scary movies, and I've seen Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity, The Omen ect. But none of them scared me as much as the Exorcist.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
E.T when I was a kid I cried cause it scared the shiz out of me, it's not scary anymore and basically nothing does. Signs was pretty freaky though.

cazatron

the texas chainsaw massacre... cannibalism freaks me the hell out.

also i wanna suggest all european horror movies because they're amazing.
i dare you all to watch the french films 'Inside' (about a woman trying to steal another womans unborn child) and 'Martyrs' and not get disturbed a little, (be warned these two are the most hardcore films i've ever seen in my life)

also the spanish film [rec] is one of my favourite films ever (it was re-made shot-for-shot as 'Quarantine' to english speaking audiences and both are excellent)
oh and also another spanish film called 'The Orphanage' (sp?) it's not very scary but it's got so much atmosphere its VERY VERY creepy (in a paranormal activity way)

sorry for typing so much but films are kinda my thing and these are awesome!

JD

I don't remember what movie it was but it had like some Creepy Japanese woman that movie was pretty scary . But the scariest movie I ever watched was Where the Wild things Are that movie gives me the chills. :(

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
I dont get scared much anymore, I'm used to the horrors but I haven't watched Paranormal Activity yet!! Shame on me!

I would say Vacancy but only because the actors were so good and the story was pretty sickly. Otherwise the Human Centipede was probably the sickest ever made in the history of horrors.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I'm an avid fan of J-Horror and horror games. I must say, I've watched plenty of stuff that scared the crap out of me. Anyone that has said the Grudge in this thread hasn't seen anything yet. The atmosphere is much more creepy in the Japanese version and Kayako looks much more scary.

One of the most recent (and short) J-Horror film I've watched was Kowai Onna. Pretty effin' creepy, especially with the lights off.

I'm planning on watching The Last Exorcism (not J-Horror). Anyone who has watched it can feel free to tell me if it's good or not. xD

Mye

Someone has to win..
The shining is creepiest, hands down. Reason: remember that naked old lady 1/2 way through it?

wanegilly

The Exorcism of Emily Rose - went to see it in the cinema and it scared the hell outa me. I had my eyes closed and my ears blocked so i couldn't see/hear what was going on.

AnonymousGuy

Combaticus
I don't remember what movie it was but it had like some Creepy Japanese woman that movie was pretty scary . But the scariest movie I ever watched was Where the Wild things Are that movie gives me the chills. :(

Shutter?

Scariest movie for me... Well I don't know. I don't even remember the last horror film I found to be 'scary'.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
^ Shutter was a Thai movie...