• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scariest Video Game

FlyingSandshrew

Pokemon Breeder
In your own opinion, what is the scariest video game, or even video game series?

I would say SH. It really messes with you especially if you are playing it at home alone, at night.

Slick

Banned
I don't play many horror games and such, so I'm just going to say the Ravenholm section of Half Life 2. It's not hard or anything, but holy f-ck, it's atmospheric before you meet with Father Grigori.

My Dad has Bioshock (which makes it therefore readily able to play) and I'm considering playing it but I don't like getting scared the **** out, so I don't know... what's it's "scary factor?"

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I don't play many horror games and such, so I'm just going to say the Ravenholm section of Half Life 2. It's not hard or anything, but holy f-ck, it's atmospheric before you meet with Father Grigori.

But it's fun as hell using gravity gun on zombies. Especially when you turn on cheats, spawn ten of them, line them up, and chop 'em up. :D

I haven't played a lot of horror games, but Dead Space scared the **** out of me.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Dead Space has my vote. I played through it with a buddy of mine and we were both jumping every step of the way. The speed walking/twitching mutants were def the craziest.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Silent Hill 2 is an incredible game for being scary, but it's not the kind that will make you jump out of your chair. It lures you into a sense of "What the HELL is going on?!" and screws around with your mind as it pleases.

Dead Space I love and am eager for the sequel. It's made me jump and yell more than any other game, it looks fantastic, and does the isolated atmosphere very well. I love when you find the messed up stuff like the guy banging his head off the wall or the woman with bandages over her eyes holding the dismembered torso in her arms. The Brute bursting through the wall in the ships hall for the first time scared me WAY more than the dog in the window from Resident Evil. The sound design is immersive and having no HUD just adds to that. Overall there weren't many enemies in total so bring on Dead Space 2.
Oh, and Extraction was amazing for what they did on the Wii. Not to mention chock-full of fan-service.

But Silent Hill has Pyramid Head and Dead Space has... the Hive Mind... <_<'

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I think there's no real contest here - Silent Hill (1-3, later ones just don't have that feeling) just wins this. The good thing about SH is that it's not really an action-y horror game, which puts you on the edge of your seat, it's more of a game that concentrates on ****ing with your mind and freaking you out. And it's the best one that can do that.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Dead Space. i was playing through it the other night and i was going down an elevator. at the bottom a woman screamed in the game. it was about midnight and both my parents were half asleep. i didnt realize how load the tv was so when the scream happened, my dad thought there was a real woman across the street screaming. my mom got a little nervous. both my parents started to fuss at me. i eagerly wait for Dead Space 2

SmartD

Dementium: The Ward, when I watched my brother play the game. It's gets more disturbing at the end.

Surfing_Pikachu

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
i have no idea how i forgot this but whatever. Doom 3 can have its creepy points. you cant have the flashlight and a weapon out at the same time without a mod, making it sometimes difficult. from what i understand, all enemies and objects you use in the game are supposed have something on the model that glows, but the Hell Knight doesnt glow... and then there was the first time you encounter Cherubs. you hear a woman scream "No! Don't take my baby!" then you suddenly start fighting swarms of humanoid babies with dead-pale eyes, insect wings and limbs. rather creepy if you ask me.

Penguinist Trainer

The Silent Hill Series is incredibly fun. The first 3 games are definitely the best in the series. Pyramid Head is probably the most intimidating creature in the game. My favorite part was when you're in the closet and witness what can only be described as him raping and stuffing a Mannequin into the garbage disposal.

Another great game for screwing with your head was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. It came out on the gamecube so it was probably unnoticed by a lot of people. The more traumatic the experience, the more you would go "insane"...you could start hallucinating even get the blue screen of death so to speak. This was an amazing game.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Katamari Damacy.

Imagine living in a world like that, where your life is pointless and only to be used as building materials.

And God likes to get drunk.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
For the life of me I can't understand the satisfaction people get from scaring themselves silly. I'm not big on the horror games. I have played Bioshock, which was more survival/horror than FPS to me, and it was creepy, yet awesome. The horror didn't overwhelm the gameplay or any of the fun, it just made it really atmospheric.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Mario scares the crap out of me. Lol.