• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scariest Video Game

Heh. Not a horror game, but Metroid Prime's Chozo ghosts were pure nightmare fuel at first. Ah I love em.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Right now none, In my childhood Mortal Kombat games from the first gameboy had always gave the creeps especially the music and the sounds.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
How about LoZ:Majora's Mask? Nothing sets the mood quite like an impending (and obviously so) apocalypse, and the half-mummies, haunted dead people being turned into very painful transformation masks, and the very creepy moon children help it in no way at all.

zerothethird

Wobbuchu is awesome.
The original Resident Evil games and 999.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
Okami's not a scary game at all, but one thing that really stands out is the sunken ship. First off, the atmosphere suits the title. Plus, the ghosts don't stop moving when you use the celestial brush attack, the chests and pots can put out some freaky creatures, and there's a green hand following you around. It's a relatively creepy experience for what acts like a great game.

PsychicPsycho

Doom 3 freaked me out at the start, when I played it on the computer. However, I'm now playing it on 360 and it's not really bothered me at all.

FEAR was kind of freaky though, in spots.
That whiteface game. *shudders*
Hmm?...Oh yeah, that looks a little odd.

SeekerofLight

He's everywhere...
I'm sorry for bringing this up first, but I'm saying Slender.

Seriously, if you haven't already play it. With a friend.

Volume on max, one person walking and another looking. I tried it once with my mate, and he was looking so when I told him 'You'll die if you look at Slender Man too long' he decided it'll be best to walk around looking at the sky.

Safe to say... that keyboard sent us into little girl screaming fits.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Left 4 Dead series. I always get scared when tanks come

PsychicPsycho

The Left 4 Dead series. I always get scared when tanks come
I hated dealing with tanks, especially on expert (of course), although killing them was quite satisfying.

In general, I got a little scared anytime something approached with a special sound effect on expert (i.e., anything that wasn't zombies just standing around)
Dead Space II - scared the crap out of me, especially given how useless the weapons felt.
I found that game more disturbing then scary, especially the pack and those weird baby things. Also the 'eye poke' machine was pretty weird. The Ishimura level was legitimately scary though- so many bad memories and deaths, the tension was through the roof.

Which weapons did you use?

Night_Walker

I found that game more disturbing then scary, especially the pack and those weird baby things. Also the 'eye poke' machine was pretty weird. The Ishimura level was legitimately scary though- so many bad memories and deaths, the tension was through the roof.

Which weapons did you use?

I certainly found it scary due to the combination of "what the heck is going on", jump-out scares, weird/frightening enemy designs and the general feeling of being weak.

Can't remember, been that long since I played it, but likely whatever weapons were there to be picked up.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I don't enjoy getting scared or indulging in those kinds of things such as movies or video games.

But I did play Doom heavily as a kid. I blame Wolfenstein. It certainly had some scary moments. I remember being put in like this world where they have the giant chaingun demons and the walls are bleeding everywhere. Scared the heck out of me.

I downloaded Bioshock 2 and while I am sure it is not the most scary game out there, but it definitely has it suspenseful creepy moments.