• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scariest Video Game

PsychicPsycho

I was watching some Doom vids on youtube when I noticed this thing talking about one of the many mods possibly being the scariest game ever. It's called Ghoul's Forest 3.

The video I watched is right here. It made me jump out of my skin more then once. Having it with sound heightens the experience, but the dude playing swears a lot.

Here's a video of someone playing the game successfully.

Also watched a video for Slender while I was there. I haven't played it, but I imagine I'd be freaking out constantly if I did.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
i haven't played it myself but i've watched my friends play dead space and it was absolutely ridiculous. .__.

Remmie

Slender Man scared me. Didn't played it, watched videos of it on Youtube. That's was a huge mistake.

PsychicPsycho

But I did play Doom heavily as a kid. I blame Wolfenstein. It certainly had some scary moments. I remember being put in like this world where they have the giant chaingun demons and the walls are bleeding everywhere. Scared the heck out of me.

I downloaded Bioshock 2 and while I am sure it is not the most scary game out there, but it definitely has it suspenseful creepy moments.
I read this comment before, and thought, 'meh, Bioshock isn't really scary'. However, I'm replaying the first one at the moment, and I've been reminded of Fort Folic. Those characters frozen in plaster were really creepy, especially...
[SPOIL]when that one is frozen behind you when you turn around from the Power to the People machine. When I first played the game, I was like 'wait, was that there a second ago?' then it tried to kill me.[/SPOIL]

As for Doom 1/2 they could be pretty creepy, but the graphics were too bad for me to get too freaked out. Doom 3 gives you a bit of that (bleeding walls & weird scenary), but it's not that emersive. Delta Labs 4 is pretty wild looking though.

I've never played these two but Amnesia and Slender, people get so scared so much

Bioshock on Survivor mode-

Last edited:

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
I find the Fatal Frame games terrifying.

Also the Silent Hill games. Those who succesfully manage to toy with your psyche and manage ambience and horror are the winners in my book.

Cheap scares and thrills are not for me.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Bioshock is my pick, if for no other reason than the atmosphere. Especially in Fort mother frakking Frolic. Take your pick: the plaster "statues" which bleed if shot, assuming they don't outright try to kill you, and turn up in the strangest places, even where they weren't a minute ago. Or maybe the artist who makes them, who sics a mob of wall-crawlers on you while playing "Waltz of the Flowers." And you can time your shotgun blasts to the tune if you're feeling creative. And then there's that creepy Rabbit audio diary.

And earlier, you have the pleasure of meeting Dr. Steinman, a plastic surgeon who wants to make cubist art... out of your face.

I can go on and on, about the first time you meet a Houdini Splicer or when, after seeing one put a guy through a pane of bulletproof glass, you must take on your first Big Daddy.

Two was less scary, considering you were by default the scariest monster in town.

A tie between Fatal Frame II and Silent Hill 2.

Fatal Frame was one hell of a horror game, only equip with a camera to trap spirits. I love how the took the approach of head shots as critical damage. I really haven't played a horror game quite like Fatal Frame a very unique game indeed.

Silent Hill 2 was more like "holy crap" and trippy more of the time, but of course being the best in the series it didnt disappoint.

Pyroli

Banned
Silent Hill 2, System Shock 2, Amnesia.

Funny enough, I actually enjoy all these games. Silent Hill is one of my all time favorite game series, Amnesia's custom maps are amazing and terrifying, and System Shock was just great.

The amount of people here saying Bioshock is amazing, Bioshock is seriously like your little brother coming up behind you and shouting boo compared to a lot of other games on the market. (I also don't think Bioshock is even suppose to be scary...)

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Necro bumps. Those scare the **** out of me.

Joking aside, don't do them.

Rakansen

ラルフ
The Seahats in Wind Waker always scared me a long time ago and they still do, which is strange because ReDeads hardly scare me at all, but seriously, their eyes and the way they just hover and circle around you when they see you, I always get goosebumps! It's one of the reasons why I like the Zelda series though, the way the creators can create an emotion inside of you through video games.