• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero - DLC Speculation & Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
On the other hand, if a "Let's Go" remake of Pokemon Crystal would happen, only the first 251 Pokemon and Meltan and Melmetal would appear, regional forms and hold items would be in, but not abilities.
Gen 1 remakes i know are oversaturated, but honestly one with an updated dex to include all regional variants, cross gen evolutions, fossils and convergent Pokemon for gens 1-2 would be great.

Especially if its in an updated Kanto set after the events of gen 2.

Add in a handful of post gen 2 Pokemon that could be found in the post game or poke-radar or whatever.

Even did a mockup for something like that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/17qd6tq

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I don't want a Let's Go version of Johto. The Johto region is probably one of the most deserving of a modern take as it was initially more so a Kanto sequel. A lot of its own dex was overshadowed by Kanto mon, and its postgame was a Kanto revisit. You could justify new forms and even new Johto Pokemon with the excuse that the region itself has expanded and undergone a lot of changes after over twenty years

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
On the other hand, if a "Let's Go" remake of Pokemon Crystal would happen, only the first 251 Pokemon and Meltan and Melmetal would appear, regional forms and hold items would be in, but not abilities.

I don't want a Let's Go version of Johto. The Johto region is probably one of the most deserving of a modern take as it was initially more so a Kanto sequel. A lot of its own dex was overshadowed by Kanto mon, and its postgame was a Kanto revisit. You could justify new forms and even new Johto Pokemon with the excuse that the region itself has expanded and undergone a lot of changes after over twenty years.

Gen 1 remakes i know are oversaturated, but honestly one with an updated dex to include all regional variants, cross gen evolutions, fossils and convergent Pokemon for gens 1-2 would be great.

Especially if its in an updated Kanto set after the events of gen 2.

Add in a handful of post gen 2 Pokemon that could be found in the post game or poke-radar or whatever.

Even did a mockup for something like that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/17qd6tq

Let's stop with the future game speculation.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone feel guilty when Ogerpon picked us over Kieran? I certainly did

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter

The weirder thing is that there's Black Augerite all over the location you can catch Kleavor, but you can't actually get any of it.

You'd assume with the Kleavor and Scythers in the area, they'd have chipped some off and allowed you to pick it up off the ground in that isolated area ala the Galarica Twigs for Slowpoke, but there just isn't.
For whatever reason they feel like they just don’t want you to evolve that Pokemon in this game.

Might have been a hold over from my tinfoil hat theory that Legends Arceus was originally JUST a Diamond and Pearl remake in Gen 8’s style, and that all the New evolutions were originally supposed to be set for Paldea (Excluding the Hisuian Evolutions of the Starters) but then plans changed, some of the Pokemon were added to Legends when it abandoned the Diamond and Pearl remake formula for its current game, and so they decided, “nah, let’s let them catch them here, but if they want to evolve them, then they can buy Legends Arceus!”

At least given HOME being able to transfer Pokemon from Gen 9 to Gen 8 games we’re able to have a Pokemon caught/raised/bred in Scarlet Violet that has a Hisuian evolution achieve it in those games and transfer back.

Same can’t be said for those who wish for Alolan Raichu from a Pikachu they caught in Scarlet and Violet, or an Alolan Exeggutor from an Exeggute they caught/raised/bred.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I did feel a little guilt when the game forced us to lie to Kieran though.
Yeah, me too. Surprised it didn't even give us the fake choice of choosing not to lie to him.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, for some reason the Paradox Pokémon never got actual names, which is pretty odd given both Miraidon and Koraidon do. So, I decided to name them myself.

WKIKegn.jpg

4K2OWo6.jpg

I still don't understand why they were never properly named. Leaving them with these sort of 'code names' just seems off.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It's because they're completely unknown to humanity and the ones who discovered them gave them code names. Same case for the Ultra Beasts.
And their discoverer died before he/she could give any of them (besides Koraidon and Miraidon) actual names.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And their discoverer died before he/she could give any of them (besides Koraidon and Miraidon) actual names.
I don't recall if the professors did, but their AI may have filled that out.
But the Ultra Beasts actually have proper names. Paradox Pokémon don't, and that's the thing.
The AF found them all/got intel from the ultra squad, so they got the naming rights.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
On top of that Paradox Pokemon are the equivalent of Cryptids.

Big Foot
Moth Man
Skunk Ape

so and so forth

So, for some reason the Paradox Pokémon never got actual names, which is pretty odd given both Miraidon and Koraidon do. So, I decided to name them myself.

WKIKegn.jpg

4K2OWo6.jpg

I still don't understand why they were never properly named. Leaving them with these sort of 'code names' just seems off.

Here's my got to for names:

Great Tusk-Tuskodon
Slither Wing-Volcapex
Brute Bonnet-Shroomongus
Scream Tail-Jiggwytuff
Flutter Mane-Mystreavius
Sandy Shocks-Magnalode
Roaring Moon-Salamenace

Iron Treads-Phantread
Iron Moth-Apocorona
Iron Hands-Hariyamech
Iron Bundle-Delibot