• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In the remakes he just says "This Gym's great! It's full of strong Trainers!" But why did they even write it in the first place? o_O
Probably because Japan's more OK with dirty old man jokes. Just look at Master Roshi

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Giratina pulling Cyrus into the Distortion World in Pokémon Platinum. It looked like he was going to be dragged into a shadow to his death and how suddenly Giratina appeared was quite frightening.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Probably because Japan's more OK with dirty old man jokes. Just look at Master Roshi

Who's he?

Giratina pulling Cyrus into the Distortion World in Pokémon Platinum. It looked like he was going to be dragged into a shadow to his death and how suddenly Giratina appeared was quite frightening.

I did say in a previous post on this thread that Cyrus technically 'wins' in the end because he's found a new world with no emotions, or sense of time or space. And that was way before US/UM. :eek:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I did say in a previous post on this thread that Cyrus technically 'wins' in the end because he's found a new world with no emotions, or sense of time or space. And that was way before US/UM. :eek:
He even stays there too. And literally the only other inhabitant is Giratina and I doubt he could even do much there. And yet he still wants to create his own world.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:

He ironically got his wish I suppose, yet I'll admit that I found it disturbing how he was dragged into the Torn World since that place is an endless maze of anti-matter. He would've been driven insane if left alone.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
He ironically got his wish I suppose, yet I'll admit that I found it disturbing how he was dragged into the Torn World since that place is an endless maze of anti-matter. He would've been driven insane if left alone.

Cyrus believes the universe would be better off if emotions are wiped out. He's at least one foot in madness.

From Giratina's perspective, the Torn World must come off as really spooky. It's a place where direction makes little sense, and where there is nothing living except you. Giratina has spent eons completely alone with the occasional exception of someone who purposefully searches for that universe, or it gets to go out so as to keep order. Imagine being Giratina from that. That's probably why Giratina left Cyrus alone in its universe-the Renegade must feel existentially lonely

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Cyrus believes the universe would be better off if emotions are wiped out. He's at least one foot in madness.

From Giratina's perspective, the Torn World must come off as really spooky. It's a place where direction makes little sense, and where there is nothing living except you. Giratina has spent eons completely alone with the occasional exception of someone who purposefully searches for that universe, or it gets to go out so as to keep order. Imagine being Giratina from that. That's probably why Giratina left Cyrus alone in its universe-the Renegade must feel existentially lonely

Why is Giratina called the Renegade Pokémon? I know 'renegade' means like a rebel or a runaway.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Why is Giratina called the Renegade Pokémon? I know 'renegade' means like a rebel or a runaway.

That's because Giratina was created yet excommunicated to a different dimension by Arceus for its extremely violent nature similarly with the biblical concept of the Fallen Angels who were created yet banished from Heaven and were excommunicated to Hell by God due to their rebellious stance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, that seems to be quite scary too. It wasn't explained too well in detail the violence that led Giratina to be banished to the Distortion World, so it must be quite hard to figure out how bad were its deeds that resulted in so. So it therefore would be hard to see why Giratina is seen living by itself in a world that is weird, dark and barren.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
It seems Gen 4 experimented with a lot of religious stuff, something not heard of before in the Pokémon universe. Arceus is basically God, and Giratina could be seen as the Devil due to him being banished to another otherworldly dimension, and having six each of 'fingers' and wings. Hearthome City also has a church, a first in the Pokémon world.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:
It seems Gen 4 experimented with a lot of religious stuff, something not heard of before in the Pokémon universe. Arceus is basically God, and Giratina could be seen as the Devil due to him being banished to another otherworldly dimension, and having six each of 'fingers' and wings. Hearthome City also has a church, a first in the Pokémon world.

I still find the church extremely bland/unneeded since it does nothing except vaguely hint at Arceus's existence, and even that might be a stretch.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pretty much. It also focuses around a lot of creationist myth, which was shown by the Legendary Pokémon. But to be honest I found that quite weird but I wouldn’t have suspected these references as a kid.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Pretty much. It also focuses around a lot of creationist myth, which was shown by the Legendary Pokémon. But to be honest I found that quite weird but I wouldn’t have suspected these references as a kid.
Beyond being banished and its appearance Giratina isn't really the Devil. It's still doing its job of keeping order, it just has a temper. Giratina is more like some sort of old god, something humans can't properly comprehend

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Beyond being banished and its appearance Giratina isn't really the Devil. It's still doing its job of keeping order, it just has a temper. Giratina is more like some sort of old god, something humans can't properly comprehend
Well thinking about it, it doesn't have the spirits of the sinners so in some way the Distortion World isn't really that much of a Hell. If it were then Giratina would probably have been a Dark-type or appeared to be more grotesque. But at least the long, finger-like wings looked creepy enough.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What was with the ghost girl in Lumiose City? Were they going to explain why she was there in the planned 'Z' installment for Kalos which never came out, like they did with the mysterious disappearing girl in B2/W2?

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
What was with the ghost girl in Lumiose City? Were they going to explain why she was there in the planned 'Z' installment for Kalos which never came out, like they did with the mysterious disappearing girl in B2/W2?

Either they were planning to explore this further in an hypothetical Z version or they just left it intentionally ambiguous so we can start making up random theories.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
She's just so weird. She just floats around saying 'No, you're not the one.' I think the developers wanted to give her a sense of mystery so they didn't explain too much about her. But I would still like her to appear in another game.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
She's just so weird. She just floats around saying 'No, you're not the one.' I think the developers wanted to give her a sense of mystery so they didn't explain too much about her. But I would still like her to appear in another game.

Maybe she was a former employee of the office who died in a horrible occupational accident and now haunts her former workplace? But that's just a theory... a Game Theory. ;)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe she was a former employee of the office who died in a horrible occupational accident and now haunts her former workplace? But that's just a theory... a Game Theory. ;)
Then I wonder why she appeared at Mt Pyre in ORAS. Perhaps there she would have a connection to the dead there. But anyway it's still possible she's trying to haunt the workplace she possibly used to work in at Lumiose City.