• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And her name is Valerie. What does the second syllable rhyme with? Fairy. :)

(I seriously love how the Gym Leaders and Trial Captains get their names. You can't beat Brock and Roark the Rock. ;))
And it almost sounds like 'fairy' because she is named after 'faerie'. That is certainly deliberate and I wouldn't think that would be too weird but it would be more or so clever.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Distortion World. A giant void with floating landmasses that doesn't follow the natural laws of gravity, or space-time for that matter. There's no definitive ground, you could potentially fall forever at some points. The spookiest thing is that, except for Giratina, the place is completely devoid of life. Nothing but some trees. Imagine being Giratina, knowing you are completely and utterly alone in this place

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The Distortion World. A giant void with floating landmasses that doesn't follow the natural laws of gravity, or space-time for that matter. There's no definitive ground, you could potentially fall forever at some points. The spookiest thing is that, except for Giratina, the place is completely devoid of life. Nothing but some trees. Imagine being Giratina, knowing you are completely and utterly alone in this place
I also found that place to be a weird one too. It's just the defiance of gravity that really makes it weird like that you can jump from one panel to another that's perpendicular to the one you've jumped from. Based on the fact there's no ground, it seems like some sort of space.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Weird is the idea that mammalian Pokemon lay eggs. Thank goodness for fan works which depict them giving live birth like the animals they are based on.

Not really, we have that in real life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monotreme

What's really interesting is that almost all Pokemon can learn Toxic via TM and Platypuses are also poisonous.

Although many Mammalian Pokemon represent many families and orders of different species, it seems all have the Monotreme reproduction method of egg laying. But at the same time, although real life animals have been hinted at in universe, Pokemon are not our real-life animals and therefore should not be linked too seriously to how our world works. All Pokemon just lay eggs, cause they are Pokemon.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The majority of mammals have live birth though. Monotremes are a very small minority.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

And Cynthia, and the player. But Cynthia comes into there with you to help find Giratina. Cyrus also goes in at the end, apparently staying there.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The overall feel of the Thrifty Megamart at Ula'ula Island. After its destruction from Tapu Bulu, there isn't really anything left except that it was converted to a trial site for Totem Mimikyu. Inside, it's completely dark and you have no idea what's going to happen... even so the music sounds a bit scary. Except for the fact I would like to encounter a Mimikyu there.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
The majority of mammals have live birth though. Monotremes are a very small minority.

In terms of mammalian Pokemon giving live birth, Mew supposedly giving birth to Mewtwo in the Kanto games still grosses me out. Just the visualization of that event makes me uneasy.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Everything about Sinnoh’s climax on Mt. Coronet was quite creepy.

In fact the entire concept of God Pokemon is a little scary.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
And Cynthia, and the player. But Cynthia comes into there with you to help find Giratina. Cyrus also goes in at the end, apparently staying there.
Cyrus actually enjoying being in the Distortion World in Pokemon Generations is pretty creepy as it is

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Cyrus actually enjoying being in the Distortion World in Pokemon Generations is pretty creepy as it is

Probably because it fits his definition of a new world without emotions. So he technically 'won' as per the US/UM timeline of events.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The overall feel of the Thrifty Megamart at Ula'ula Island. After its destruction from Tapu Bulu, there isn't really anything left except that it was converted to a trial site for Totem Mimikyu. Inside, it's completely dark and you have no idea what's going to happen... even so the music sounds a bit scary. Except for the fact I would like to encounter a Mimikyu there.

Here's a fun Easter egg: When you go into the room with Mimikyu, you can see children's drawings of Ash and Pikachu from the anime and May in her OR/AS form on the walls. I think it's cool that the games also make references to the other Pokémon universes. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Here's a fun Easter egg: When you go into the room with Mimikyu, you can see children's drawings of Ash and Pikachu from the anime and May in her OR/AS form on the walls. I think it's cool that the games also make references to the other Pokémon universes. :)
Well I guess that shows the extent of Mimikyu’s desire to be as famous as Pikachu. But it’s still got some creepy phrases like ‘See me?’ and ‘Me curse you’.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Well I guess that shows the extent of Mimikyu’s desire to be as famous as Pikachu. But it’s still got some creepy phrases like ‘See me?’ and ‘Me curse you’.

Mimikyu in the anime is even creepier. It outright hates Pikachu and has an even scarier voice. It's even caused Meowth to have a few near-death experiences. :eek:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Mimikyu in the anime is even creepier. It outright hates Pikachu and has an even scarier voice. It's even caused Meowth to have a few near-death experiences. :eek:
Yeah I remember its anime voice was just some screeching that Meowth found intimidating.

I found the music of N’s room in B2W2 creepy because of the slightly out of tune music box that sets the mood of an abandoned room. And the music also changes tempo a bit to strength that mood.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Yeah I remember its anime voice was just some screeching that Meowth found intimidating.

I found the music of N’s room in B2W2 creepy because of the slightly out of tune music box that sets the mood of an abandoned room. And the music also changes tempo a bit to strength that mood.

And of course, Lavender Town's theme. I just find it sad in G/S/C and HG/SS, however, which I think fits it better than that creepy stuff. Lavender is kind of a cliche in those Pokémon Creepypastas whenever someone wants to write something scary.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And of course, Lavender Town's theme. I just find it sad in G/S/C and HG/SS, however, which I think fits it better than that creepy stuff. Lavender is kind of a cliche in those Pokémon Creepypastas whenever someone wants to write something scary.
To be honest I found the Pokémon Tower’s theme more creepy. Considering you’re already inside a graveyard by technicality, of course the music is going to be creepier than what’s outside. But I still find Lavender Town creepy though.

Cat's Eye Draco

Yeah, Lavender Town's theme always struck me as more sad than creepy as well. I've never really found it creepy at all, to be honest, and was pretty surprised by the number of people who thought it was. The Old Chateau now, that has a creepy theme. I used to turn the sound off when I explored in there.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah, Lavender Town's theme always struck me as more sad than creepy as well. I've never really found it creepy at all, to be honest, and was pretty surprised by the number of people who thought it was. The Old Chateau now, that has a creepy theme. I used to turn the sound off when I explored in there.
I personally found the GSC/HGSS version more sad though especially the Pokémon Tower had to be demolished to make way for a Radio Tower. I don’t find GSC/HGSS Lavender Town to be as creepy as its previous iteration.