• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Mt. Pyre's theme is also creepy, but only the inside one. The outside sounds a bit too upbeat for what's supposed to be a mountain graveyard.

(Speaking of which, do Sinnoh, Kalos and Alola have graveyards? I don't remember Sinnoh having one.)

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Mt. Pyre's theme is also creepy, but only the inside one. The outside sounds a bit too upbeat for what's supposed to be a mountain graveyard.

(Speaking of which, do Sinnoh, Kalos and Alola have graveyards? I don't remember Sinnoh having one.)

Yes, they have. Sinnoh has the Lost Tower on Route 209, Kalos has a graveyard on Kalos Route 10 where the deceased Pokemon from the Kalos war are resting and for Alola there is Hau'oli Cemetery.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
The Old Chateau now, that has a creepy theme. I used to turn the sound off when I explored in there.
That song creeps me out for an unusual reason. In Diamond and Pearl, there was an area outside (I think near Turnback Cave?) that played the same music. There was a glitch where the music would occasionally go silent when switching between it and something else. (Route nearby, Pokeradar, bike, etc.) There would be no music until you changed it again. This was fixed in Platinum by having a different song play over there.
The glitch would happen to me very often if I attempted it and I found it quite unsettling.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
That song creeps me out for an unusual reason. In Diamond and Pearl, there was an area outside (I think near Turnback Cave?) that played the same music. There was a glitch where the music would occasionally go silent when switching between it and something else. (Route nearby, Pokeradar, bike, etc.) There would be no music until you changed it again. This was fixed in Platinum by having a different song play over there.
The glitch would happen to me very often if I attempted it and I found it quite unsettling.

I always found Lavender town more creepy tbh. That theme gave me actual nightmares.

But Old Chateau. That theme sounded like my grandmas house lol

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The Old Chateau occasionally having actual human ghosts show up. And there's an even darker implication when you look for the Antidote item-it's in the garbage. Did Pokemon actually imply an actual murder mystery?!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The Old Chateau occasionally having actual human ghosts show up. And there's an even darker implication when you look for the Antidote item-it's in the garbage. Did Pokemon actually imply an actual murder mystery?!

It's like something from an Agatha Christie novel. :eek:

I only played Platinum, so I skipped D/P. I think the Turnback Cave now just plays the standard Sinnoh cave music, which is pretty scary-sounding in itself.

Am I the only one who finds the Dragonspiral Tower (Unova) music kind of unsettling?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's like something from an Agatha Christie novel. :eek:
Weirdly enough I think that Agatha from the Elite Four is named after Agatha Christie in some way or it may be a weird coincidence. Both of them have some creepy association with them so that could be why.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Weirdly enough I think that Agatha from the Elite Four is named after Agatha Christie in some way or it may be a weird coincidence. Both of them have some creepy association with them so that could be why.

I think she was named that just because Agatha sounds like 'ghastly' or 'ghost', somewhat. But it could be a clever reference, since you know, Agatha Christie wrote murder mysteries and all those. ;)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think she was named that just because Agatha sounds like 'ghastly' or 'ghost', somewhat. But it could be a clever reference, since you know, Agatha Christie wrote murder mysteries and all those. ;)
True but maybe its the mysteries of Ghost-type Pokémon and the mysteries of crimes that could be the link. But maybe she could be named after so as a homage to her.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy

It wouldn’t be the first time this series was low-key dark;

"The soul of a woman lost on a snowy mountain possessed an icicle, becoming this Pokémon. The food it most relishes is the souls of men."

That’s a Pokédex entry from Frosslass. But yeah “kids” game.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

"The soul of a woman lost on a snowy mountain possessed an icicle, becoming this Pokémon. The food it most relishes is the souls of men."

Dhelmise was also born in a similar manner: it's seaweed that was possessed by a ghostly force, possibly from a sunken ship, and attached itself to an anchor. That's why it's a Ghost/Grass type and not, say, a Water/Steel type.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Quiladin’s face creeps me out. I keep thinking it’s plotting to stab its trainer as they are sleeping with that creepy Jack Nicholson blank stare. I like Chesnaught and I really like Chespin but I can never truly train any I get in the beginning of XY Because I know eventually it will turn into the creepy one.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Quiladin’s face creeps me out. I keep thinking it’s plotting to stab its trainer as they are sleeping with that creepy Jack Nicholson blank stare. I like Chesnaught and I really like Chespin but I can never truly train any I get in the beginning of XY Because I know eventually it will turn into the creepy one.

I think Quilladin looks pretty happy.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Yeah Froslass. There are a lot more creepier entries but I definitely find this one creepy. What a nice deterrent from dying at the snowy mountains.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh yeah there’s tons. I think Alakazam was a kid at one point?
I don’t remember that being said anywhere. But certainly for Phantump though, which are tree stumps possessed by the spirits of dead children.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I don’t remember that being said anywhere. But certainly for Phantump though, which are tree stumps possessed by the spirits of dead children.

I think it was in Fire Red’s Pokédex:
“It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.”

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think it was in Fire Red’s Pokédex:
“It happened one morning - a boy with extrasensory powers awoke in bed transformed into Kadabra.”
That definitely sounds creepy. But I’m convinced in some way that it is a comparison that could be misinterpreted literally.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Oh yeah there’s tons. I think Alakazam was a kid at one point?

I think that's Kadabra, not Alakazam, you're talking about. A human kid turning into a Pokémon? Did that inspire the Mystery Dungeon games? :eek:

It seems Game Freak has some kind of weird grudge against children; quite a lot of the Dex entries talk about Pokémon doing bad things to kids, or kids meeting a terrible fate. Duskull's stands out in particular, as it comes to kids who've been naughty and frightens them out of their wits. Banette is a voodoo doll who tries to get revenge on the child that threw him away. Phantump was born out of the ghosts of children who got lost and died in the forest. And that Creepypasta about Hypno mass-hypnotizing children to follow him into their worst nightmares. :eek:

Yeah Froslass. There are a lot more creepier entries but I definitely find this one creepy. What a nice deterrent from dying at the snowy mountains.

Which is weird considering that the player character trudges through ten-feet-deep snowdrifts on Mt. Coronet and survives. Especially with Dawn wearing no pants under her coat. :confused:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Which is weird considering that the player character trudges through ten-feet-deep snowdrifts on Mt. Coronet and survives. Especially with Dawn wearing no pants under her coat. :confused:
Well come on, they definitely should be feeling cold there. But I don't think I've ever encountered a wild Froslass there... and even so I don't remember encountering one in any Pokémon game. But really the idea of freezing them to their deaths and putting them on display is just creepy.