• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
The mansion in Eterna Forest is easily the creepiest lol, the ghosts, the eyes, the booming ominous music is just a big NOPE

Special mention to Lavender Town and especially the frickin Pokemon Tower (mainly in gen 1 rather than 3)

Also the guy who transformed into Zoroark in one of the gen 5 games gave me a bit of jump

Leonhart

Imagineer
GarchompTheAssassin said:
Also the guy who transformed into Zoroark in one of the gen 5 games gave me a bit of jump

If you mean the woman who was a Zoroark in disguise in B/W, I always found that more amusing than scary. Although she did seem dangerous since she attacked the player if they had the Shiny Legendary Beasts.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah that Hiker in Lostlorn Forest in B2W2. It was great to receive TM95 Snarl from him but then when you eventually realise he’s a Zoroark, it’s just surprising.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Yeah that Hiker in Lostlorn Forest in B2W2. It was great to receive TM95 Snarl from him but then when you eventually realise he’s a Zoroark, it’s just surprising.
That caught me by surprise.

From Gen 6 and its creepy, the haunted room that had the Hex maniac ghost. (Your not the one!) What was the point of that scene?! Also, the way Espurr stares at you!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That caught me by surprise.
But at least it's a reference to the Zoroark event with the shiny Legendary beasts that happened there in BW. Either way I wouldn't have expected Zoroark to appear in the first place.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
But at least it's a reference to the Zoroark event with the shiny Legendary beasts that happened there in BW. Either way I wouldn't have expected Zoroark to appear in the first place.

Story wise and even in matches where you know a Zoroark is coming, you would not expect Zoroark until it is too late. (Gladion kind of caught me off guard in USUM with a Zubat that was really a Zorua.)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Story wise and even in matches where you know a Zoroark is coming, you would not expect Zoroark until it is too late. (Gladion kind of caught me off guard in USUM with a Zubat that was really a Zorua.)
True though but it all gets suspicious when it starts using moves it's not supposed to learn. In competitive matches, sometimes you'll just get lucky if you manage to land a hit on one upon it switching in even though you would likely not know it's a Zoroark in the first place. The Illusion Ability is definitely a good surprise but it all goes down once the illusion fades. Surprisingly it is effective against Ultra Necrozma because the AI can't tell if the Pokémon has the Illusion Ability.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
True though but it all gets suspicious when it starts using moves it's not supposed to learn. In competitive matches, sometimes you'll just get lucky if you manage to land a hit on one upon it switching in even though you would likely not know it's a Zoroark in the first place. The Illusion Ability is definitely a good surprise but it all goes down once the illusion fades. Surprisingly it is effective against Ultra Necrozma because the AI can't tell if the Pokémon has the Illusion Ability.
Always have u-turn as a back up plan, then he disappears and you never know when he will come again if you don't hit him! Also, make sure the pokemon you use in your party has similar move sets to Zoroark, as long as that pokemon as a different type that will set the foe off. :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Always have u-turn as a back up plan, then he disappears and you never know when he will come again if you don't hit him! Also, make sure the pokemon you use in your party has similar move sets to Zoroark, as long as that pokemon as a different type that will set the foe off. :)
That could work too. U-Turn definitely makes good use of the Ability as it's quite fast and it will be harder to attack. Just watch out for priority moves and faster Pokémon. But ideally you should use it when you expect your opponent to switch into an unfavourable matchup so that you could keep momentum in battle.

I found it weird how a Zorua in BW could get along with M13 Celebi (Celebi from the Zoroark movie) as shown in the in-game event in Castelia City.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
That could work too. U-Turn definitely makes good use of the Ability as it's quite fast and it will be harder to attack. Just watch out for priority moves and faster Pokémon. But ideally you should use it when you expect your opponent to switch into an unfavourable matchup so that you could keep momentum in battle.

I found it weird how a Zorua in BW could get along with M13 Celebi (Celebi from the Zoroark movie) as shown in the in-game event in Castelia City.

Zoroark is one for mind games and making even the most experience players to make a blunder.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Zoroark is one for mind games and making even the most experience players to make a blunder.
It has the potential to be devastating if used correctly. You might even get a surprise KO by playing mind games. but otherwise it's quite frail and to use it effectively you'll likely have to switch it in safely, usually with a slow Volt Switch/U-Turn. Pretty much the scariest part about it is when it KOes your Pokémon out of nowhere.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
It has the potential to be devastating if used correctly. You might even get a surprise KO by playing mind games. but otherwise it's quite frail and to use it effectively you'll likely have to switch it in safely, usually with a slow Volt Switch/U-Turn. Pretty much the scariest part about it is when it KOes your Pokémon out of nowhere.
Or use Golisopod with Zoroark. Where you use a turn getting off a first impression along with sucker punch and aqua jet, then the foe makes the mistake of triggering emergency exit.
For those of you who say emergency exit is a bad ability, it works for teams that have fake out, Zoroark or ways to switch back into him for free as well.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Or use Golisopod with Zoroark. Where you use a turn getting off a first impression along with sucker punch and aqua jet, then the foe makes the mistake of triggering emergency exit.
For those of you who say emergency exit is a bad ability, it works for teams that have fake out, Zoroark or ways to switch back into him for free as well.
Well that's another way to get it in safely. At least watch out for entry hazards especially the rocks. But a slow Volt Switch/U-Turn would be more reliable as you would have to get Golisopod to take a hit in order to activate Emergency Exit.

Back onto the story, Golisopod looked scary at first, especially in the fight against Guzma, but when it was realised that it has Emergency Exit and that it's more of a wimp than we expect, it's just hilarious.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Well that's another way to get it in safely. At least watch out for entry hazards especially the rocks. But a slow Volt Switch/U-Turn would be more reliable as you would have to get Golisopod to take a hit in order to activate Emergency Exit.

Back onto the story, Golisopod looked scary at first, especially in the fight against Guzma, but when it was realised that it has Emergency Exit and that it's more of a wimp than we expect, it's just hilarious.

Both result in damage, both result in getting Zoroark into battle. Golisopod can do more attacks before leaving, while your strategy is one attack in exchange for a faster, yet safe switch. I like this pokemon and he gets too much hate from his ability when it can work to an advantage. (Got to think outside the box and Zoroark represents that.)

Now for creepy design, Porygon2's evolution into Porygon-Z. This is what you get for downloading illegal programing into a life form that is nothing but a program, glitching, unpredictable... I don't even think the pokemon is considered sane from his evolution. If it was not for the seizures that Pikachu caused, we might have seen this in the anime.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Both result in damage, both result in getting Zoroark into battle. Golisopod can do more attacks before leaving, while your strategy is one attack in exchange for a faster, yet safe switch. I like this pokemon and he gets too much hate from his ability when it can work to an advantage. (Got to think outside the box and Zoroark represents that.)

Now for creepy design, Porygon2's evolution into Porygon-Z. This is what you get for downloading illegal programing into a life form that is nothing but a program, glitching, unpredictable... I don't even think the pokemon is considered sane from his evolution. If it was not for the seizures that Pikachu caused, we might have seen this in the anime.
But then Golisopod would have to be healed up again to at least half of its health and have its health depleted to less than half activate Emergency Exit again. It can be done with either a Shell Bell or Leftovers.

The most creepy thing I find about Porygon-Z is its eyes. They're differently coloured to that of its prior evolutions but it could also add further meaning to its bugged nature.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
But then Golisopod would have to be healed up again to at least half of its health and have its health depleted to less than half activate Emergency Exit again. It can be done with either a Shell Bell or Leftovers.

The most creepy thing I find about Porygon-Z is its eyes. They're differently coloured to that of its prior evolutions but it could also add further meaning to its bugged nature.

True, Golisopod's switch out is kind of a one time thing if you want the damage, which can be another trade off, unless your objective is having him take down two pokemon before fainting.

Porygon-Z is just an example of saying no to illegal downloading, you don't know what your actually installing.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Porygon-Z is just an example of saying no to illegal downloading, you don't know what your actually installing.
I thought of it having bugged code or a virus or something like that, which would affect its stability. But the whole idea of infecting Porygon2 with a virus would definitely be scary as it could be a parallel to accidentally infecting computers with a virus.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

I think N's dragon (the one opposite to yours) in B/W was actually a Zoroark in disguise? Or was it another Pokémon of his?

I personally see Necrozma as more of the villain due to its violent behaviour and its consumption of Nebby and the climax of the story is pretty much a battle with an aura boosted Ultra Necrozma. Imagine facing a Legendary having a BST higher than that of Arceus while being aura boosted so that all of its stats are increased. Add the fact that it has an Ability that boosts the damage done by super effective moves. And its moveset: Dragon Pulse, Power Gem, Smart Strike and Photon Geyser. It kills anything that is super effective against Dragon. That is definitely scary.

How to troll Ultra Necrozma in five easy steps:

1. Catch a Zorua at the Trainers' School
  2. Catch a Salazzle at Wela Volcano Park
  3. Evolve Zorua into Zoroark
  4. At the site of the battle, put Salazzle at the back of your party and Zoroark at the front
  5. Laugh as Ultra Necrozma totally fails to damage you by spamming Photon Geyser over and over.
:D:D:D

I thought of it having bugged code or a virus or something like that, which would affect its stability. But the whole idea of infecting Porygon2 with a virus would definitely be scary as it could be a parallel to accidentally infecting computers with a virus.

Wasn't that the story of the banned Porygon episode? You know, the one that gave 700 kids in Japan seizures?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How to troll Ultra Necrozma in five easy steps:

1. Catch a Zorua at the Trainers' School
  2. Catch a Salazzle at Wela Volcano Park
  3. Evolve Zorua into Zoroark
  4. At the site of the battle, put Salazzle at the back of your party and Zoroark at the front
  5. Laugh as Ultra Necrozma totally fails to damage you by spamming Photon Geyser over and over.
:D:D:D
Pretty cheap, eh? It's as simple as this. Get anything weak to the Psychic type, like a Fighting-type or a Poison-type, and get Zoroark to disguise as it by putting that Fighting-type in the last slot. And use Foul Play to make use of its boosted stats and Necrozma should faint in about 2 hits. That would be way less scary than any other way to beat Ultra Necrozma.