• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I personally think Team Galactic compares more with Team Flare as their goals involve an elimination of the human race. Team Rocket’s goals focus more on the exploitation of Pokémon for profit.

Team Rocket did kill a Marowak at the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town (the Marowak ghost), so they could arguably be as bad as Team Flare.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Team Rocket did kill a Marowak at the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town, so they could arguably be as bad as Team Flare.
But then I guess it's a bit more balanced since Team Flare never did achieve their goal even though they were close to it.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
But then I guess it's a bit more balanced since Team Flare never did achieve their goal even though they were close to it.

They did bomb up an entire town because the ultimate weapon was buried underground. It's a wonder no one was seriously hurt or killed. o_O

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
They did bomb up an entire town because the ultimate weapon was buried underground. It's a wonder no one was seriously hurt or killed. o_O
What I remember was that the ultimate weapon blew itself up and left behind a crater in the middle of Geosenge Town. I kinda find it weird no one in-game bothered to fix up the crater.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What I remember was that the ultimate weapon blew itself up and left behind a crater in the middle of Geosenge Town. I kinda find it weird no one in-game bothered to fix up the crater.

I do think they were evacuated in time before Lysandre detonated the bomb. Maybe the crater left behind would've been filled in the hypothetical 'Z' third Kalos game, but we never did get it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I do think they were evacuated in time before Lysandre detonated the bomb. Maybe the crater left behind would've been filled in the hypothetical 'Z' third Kalos game, but we never did get it.
Possibly. I guess it was a likely scenario the civilians of Geosenge Town were evacuated from the town but I wonder that cue they adhered to in order to evacuate. But then maybe they noticed Team Flare enter a secret entrance and possibly evacuated it due to the threat Team Flare could pose to the town. It's kinda weird how Team Flare would have a fully functioning secret hideout underneath Geosenge Town but it's kinda like the underground tunnels used in warfare.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Possibly. I guess it was a likely scenario the civilians of Geosenge Town were evacuated from the town but I wonder that cue they adhered to in order to evacuate. But then maybe they noticed Team Flare enter a secret entrance and possibly evacuated it due to the threat Team Flare could pose to the town. It's kinda weird how Team Flare would have a fully functioning secret hideout underneath Geosenge Town but it's kinda like the underground tunnels used in warfare.

Just like how Teams Magma and Aqua have a 'secret' hideout... right outside of Lilycove City. :p

Speaking of which, I find it kind of weird how in R/S and OR/AS, the team opposite to the one who are the villains in your game basically help you bust their rivals. It's played out straight in Emerald, however, where both teams are plotting to use Groudon and Kyogre for a never-ending battle between land and sea.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just like how Teams Magma and Aqua have a 'secret' hideout... right outside of Lilycove City. :p

Speaking of which, I find it kind of weird how in R/S and OR/AS, the team opposite to the one who are the villains in your game basically help you bust their rivals. It's played out straight in Emerald, however, where both teams are plotting to use Groudon and Kyogre for a never-ending battle between land and sea.
And also that Team Rocket had one underneath Celadon Game Corner ;)

Yeah it's kinda weird that Team Aqua helps the player in Ruby/Omega Ruby and Team Magma helps the player in Sapphire/Alpha Sapphire because the player is fighting against the other team but it makes sense in some way. But in Emerald where Kyogre and Groudon were seen face to face at one point near Sootopolis City, it feels weird that on Groudon's side it isn't sunny and that it's raining everywhere. I guess it's due to hardware limitations or that Kyogre is winning (of course Rayquaza intervenes later).

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
I have some.

-So remember how in X and Y there was this building with the ghost girl? I entered in there randomly and got so scared when the music stopped. I was legitimately freaked out because I didn't expect it.

-When the birthday music came on, I was also pretty scared. Anytime music stops in games, I'm automatically pay attention.

-I still like to say that while I find Team Flare to be awful as villians, there goal is essentially pretty terrifying. If they actually had a competent leader...

-Lusamine's breakdown is super creepy in S/M. Ruined in US/UM by toning it down, but her outburts are legitimately creepy. And she says things that are eerily similar to some abusive people in real life. And don't get me started in the whole Nihilego fusion. Now that's really weird. We're essentially seeing her devolve overtime in madness.

-In US/UM there is this special side quest you do in which you investigate the trainer school for a parody of the 7 mysteries of a Japanese school. A lot of them a more weird than scary, but there's this one moment in which you go to hide in a locker and you start hearing really weird noises. It's cartoonish, but it doesn't sit right with you and it feels so uncomfortable. Yeah, it wasn't a ghost, but it's still really disturbing.

-Also at the trainer school there's this story about a Slowpoke and Pikachu playing with a young girl. If you look at Lusamine's freezer contaiment...well you get my drift.

-Lastly, in US/UM the villains essentially are doing a terrorist attack. And it's a bit chilling to see the realistic portrayal of the camera being destroyed in the beginning of the arc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:
Team Rocket did kill a Marowak at the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town (the Marowak ghost), so they could arguably be as bad as Team Flare.

They also sold Pokemon as prizes at the Game Corner, which seems cruel since we can bet that they saw those Pokemon as nothing more than a cash grab.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
They also sold Pokemon as prizes at the Game Corner, which seems cruel since we can bet that they saw those Pokemon as nothing more than a cash grab.

Team Rockets end goal is exploiting pokemon for power and money, that is all they care about as a whole and while their goal isn't as grand scale as Genocide... it doesn't have to be to portray a bunch of heartless criminals that until you the player came along... were successful in their small scale crimes.

That is why Giovanni is the one capable of being the big bad of Team Rainbow Rocket. He can organize all the loonies from future generations under his thumb and can lead them to a bigger goal. When that didn't work, he cut his loses and took his business elsewhere.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Team Rockets end goal is exploiting pokemon for power and money, that is all they care about as a whole and while their goal isn't as grand scale as Genocide... it doesn't have to be to portray a bunch of heartless criminals that until you the player came along... we successful in their small scale crimes.
The issue of what defines ethical capitalism is definitely an important one there. It can be scary to see how far one would go, especially Giovanni, to abuse Pokémon for the sake of profit.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
The issue of what defines ethical capitalism is definitely an important one there. It can be scary to see how far one would go, especially Giovanni, to abuse Pokémon for the sake of profit.

It is a pretty scary thing when you set yourself to a realistic goal and is able to get away with it due to how small it seems. In fact, I got a big trio for the bad guy teams that are... morality wise, the worse of the worse to me.

Team Rocket is straight forward in that they abuse pokemon for money and power, they are unashamed of this and will kick Growlithes if it will benefit them.

Team Plasma who preach about Trainers abusing pokemon and turn around to do the exact same crap.

Being a hypocrite about it is to me worse on the morality ladder and it is scary in BW2 how few of them actually believed what they were preaching. (The N loyalists.)

Then we have Cipher who's entire thing with shadow pokemon. Stripping a pokemon of what is basically their humanity and turning them into a weapon that knows only hatred and pain, all for the purpose of world domination.
These guys have no standards in what they target for this sick action, including but not limited to, pokemon that are friendly by their species as well as a baby pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It is a pretty scary thing when you set yourself to a realistic goal and is able to get away with it due to how small it seems. In fact, I got a big trio for the bad guy teams that are... morality wise, the worse of the worse to me.

Team Rocket is straight forward in that they abuse pokemon for money and power, they are unashamed of this and will kick Growlithes if it will benefit them.

Team Plasma who preach about Trainers abusing pokemon and turn around to do the exact same crap.

Being a hypocrite about it is to me worse on the morality ladder and it is scary in BW2 how few of them actually believed what they were preaching. (The N loyalists.)

Then we have Cipher who's entire thing with shadow pokemon. Stripping a pokemon of what is basically their humanity and turning them into a weapon that knows only hatred and pain, all for the purpose of world domination.
These guys have no standards in what they target for this sick action, including but not limited to, pokemon that are friendly by their species as well as a baby pokemon.
Even Legendary Pokémon can be targeted too and it’s usually because of their valued power that makes them a vulnerable target. They would be willing to target them regardless of the high risk it brings to them because they’re rare, where they can be especially found in highly inaccessible locations and they can use their valued powers to protect themselves from harm (however N found Reshiram/Zekrom in their inert states and it’s quite different in a way that the Reshiram would be willing to obey those who pursue truth and Zekrom would obey those who pursue their own ideals) so they are willing to go for a high risk with a high reward. The majority of villainous teams even have goals related to Legendary Pokémon.

But I guess these teams start out small so that they can build their capabilities further and make them more of a threat over time. Even so, they would have targeted defenceless and small Pokémon without any empathy and abused them for their own purposes. It can be scary how threatening they eventually become, whenever the world is leaning close to a global-scale catastrophe.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Even Legendary Pokémon can be targeted too and it’s usually because of their valued power that makes them a vulnerable target. They would be willing to target them regardless of the high risk it brings to them because they’re rare, where they can be especially found in highly inaccessible locations and they can use their valued powers to protect themselves from harm (however N found Reshiram/Zekrom in their inert states and it’s quite different in a way that the Reshiram would be willing to obey those who pursue truth and Zekrom would obey those who pursue their own ideals) so they are willing to go for a high risk with a high reward. The majority of villainous teams even have goals related to Legendary Pokémon.

But I guess these teams start out small so that they can build their capabilities further and make them more of a threat over time. Even so, they would have targeted defenceless and small Pokémon without any empathy and abused them for their own purposes. It can be scary how threatening they eventually become, whenever the world is leaning close to a global-scale catastrophe.

Cipher is basically what would have happened if Team Rocket was allowed to keep going with their influence and spread their hold in every corner of the region.
Where some of the shadow pokemon ARE legendary pokemon. (Entei, Raikou and Suicune. As well as Shadow Lugia and the three birds the Cipher leader had.)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cipher is basically what would have happened if Team Rocket was allowed to keep going with their influence and spread their hold in every corner of the region.
Where some of the shadow pokemon ARE legendary pokemon. (Entei, Raikou and Suicune. As well as Shadow Lugia and the three birds the Cipher leader had.)
It would make sense if at least Team Rocket finds new ways to exploit Pokémon for their goals and they likely will to expand their influence.

Yeah I know that some Shadow Pokémon are Legendary Pokémon especially Shadow Lugia on the cover of XD: Gales of Darkness. But I remember that for smaller and more docile Pokémon, a Mareep was a Shadow Pokémon.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
It would make sense if at least Team Rocket finds new ways to exploit Pokémon for their goals and they likely will to expand their influence.

Yeah I know that some Shadow Pokémon are Legendary Pokémon especially Shadow Lugia on the cover of XD: Gales of Darkness. But I remember that for smaller and more docile Pokémon, a Mareep was a Shadow Pokémon.

And Teddiursa, Togepi, Meowth, Chansey and many... MANY more pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
And Teddiursa, Togepi, Meowth, Chansey and many... MANY more pokemon.
Are there any baby Pokémon other than Togepi though? It definitely seems scary for a baby Pokémon to be severed of their emotions and becoming more instinctive because of it being a Shadow Pokémon.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Are there any baby Pokémon other than Togepi though? It definitely seems scary for a baby Pokémon to be severed of their emotions and becoming more instinctive because of it being a Shadow Pokémon.
No... thankfully, but the list of otherwise cute/ friendly/ first stage pokemon gets even bigger than that.

This is nightmare fuel and a good example as to how low Cipher has sunk in the games canon. (Only Ghetsis has sunken as low.)

I kind of did something in a fanfiction as to what a third shadow pokemon game MIGHT be like (As well as continuing where S/M left off, a year after the end of that game.)

With the combination of the XD formula, a powerful psychic type like Mew and a particular alien substance known as Nihilego venom... I want to give readers nothing but nightmares

I am going to spoil what I written in that fanfiction. (It is my first one, there are a lot of grammer issues and chapter order that I learned how to correct since then.)

XD-002... aka Shadow Mew, ended up being the perfect example of absolute insanity. We all saw in US/UM, just what kind of traits Lusamine had at the base and what we saw in S/M with the most extreme, unfiltered version of her we gotten when she was high on the crap.

Imagine something that's mind is already broken and severed to where it's only objective is to hurt people, where it can only feel hatred and pain. Being cranked up ten fold without any mental filters, (All the artificial stuff Cipher would place in an XD shadow pokemon.) it is going to result in.... making us forget all about Lusamine. Even in her warped mind, there was a desire for love, how ever twisted it was by that point.
In a shadow pokemon, there is only one thing in its mind that the venom can warp.... a desire to destroy and a pokemon like Mew... would be more than capable of doing that.
I have a pretty messed up imagination when I want to be and this includes mixing two things that should never go together.

Last edited: