• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Oh yeah, that girl was Lostelle. It's definitely scary to hear that the Hypno scare her but I think she went to the Berry Forest to pick Berries as usual but in that moment she just became scared because a Hypno approached her.

I think she's the same girl who gets lost onboard the ferry to Vermilion City in G/S/C and HG/SS, because she also gets lost and her father takes on the appearance of a Gentleman, as he did in FR/LG.

Seeing all that stuff on the internet was what first made me check out the manga, and I did end up loving it for the slightly more unpredictable, violent tone.

The manga characters are a lot wackier too. Emerald is a good example: he gets picked on because of his small stature, he likes inventing his own gadgets, and... he pees off tall buildings, at least in the Japanese version. And the same panel it happens in strongly implies that Sapphire and Ruby got caught in the stream. In the English version, it gets changed so that he's pouring some soda out of the window, which isn't as disgusting as the former, but still messy.

Oh, and... breasts. Misty and Sabrina are the obvious victims. And Misty's only 10. o_O

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:
I think she's the same girl who gets lost onboard the ferry to Vermilion City in G/S/C and HG/SS, because she also gets lost and her father takes on the appearance of a Gentleman, as he did in FR/LG.

I don't think they're the same girl. Just judging from their sprites, the two girls seem to be around the same age even though HG/SS takes place several years after FR/LG.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh, quite possibly. Maybe she just gets lost for no reason and her name could reflect on her naturally getting lost on a frequent basis.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I don't think they're the same girl. Just judging from their sprites, the two girls seem to be around the same age even though HG/SS takes place several years after FR/LG.

Three years, I think.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Three years, I think.
Yeah, three years. But it could be possible that over the years she hasn't changed much with her natural tendency to get lost.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'm kind of surprised at how many times the Pokémon games have mentioned excrement, despite being a 'kids'' game. One of Darumaka's Dex entries says that in the past, its (dried) droppings were used by people to keep themselves warm, and a woman in the flower shop in Goldenrod City says that the Mulch is made from Pokémon's... "Er, you know..."

And another person on Hau'oli Beach even comments on the Pelipper droppings in the sand. So she's literally talking sh*t. :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
NovaBrunswick said:
And another person on Hau'oli Beach even comments on the Pelipper droppings in the sand. So she's literally talking sh*t. :D

Speaking of weird Alolan things, there's an Iwanko (Rockruff) at Route 13 that's always unconscious when I pass by. It's meant to be asleep, yet it crossed my mind that it almost seems dead.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm kind of surprised at how many times the Pokémon games have mentioned excrement, despite being a 'kids'' game. One of Darumaka's Dex entries says that in the past, its (dried) droppings were used by people to keep themselves warm, and a woman in the flower shop in Goldenrod City says that the Mulch is made from Pokémon's... "Er, you know..."

Yeah I remember the one with Darumaka the most. But then I still wonder why it’s mentioned in the game. Even though some can find it icky, at least it shows that Pokémon do have to excrete like us and all living things. But I find it weird why someone would use Darumaka’s droppings as a source of warmth.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Yeah I remember the one with Darumaka the most. But then I still wonder why it’s mentioned in the game. Even though some can find it icky, at least it shows that Pokémon do have to excrete like us and all living things. But I find it weird why someone would use Darumaka’s droppings as a source of warmth.
Fire type son! Their body heat is much higher than most pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Fire type son! Their body heat is much higher than most pokemon.
I was thinking about how mushy it could be and there could be more efficient sources of warmth. Perhaps it was the most efficient for them at older times since it came from the body heat of a Pokémon and that it was more easily portable than other sources they could have had at the time. And maybe some do it now for the sake of energy efficiency.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

There's also toilets in Valerie's Gym in X/Y, probably the first time toilets have ever been seen in Pokémon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There's also toilets in Valerie's Gym in X/Y, probably the first time toilets have ever been seen in Pokémon.
I remember seeing one in Hotel Richissime in X and Y too. I don't think they were in other games, which is kinda weird.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I remember seeing one in Hotel Richissime in X and Y too. I don't think they were in other games, which is kinda weird.

In that same hotel, a Furfrou just got done relieving itself on a plant. And one of the hotel guests is obviously not amused about it. :D:p

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In that same hotel, a Furfrou just got done relieving itself on a plant. And one of the hotel guests is obviously not amused about it. :D:p
Alright, but I didn't know too much about that. Are there other instances in the Pokémon universe where it's hinted? But otherwise I guess it's kind of a thing with the Kalos region.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Alright, but I didn't know too much about that. Are there other instances in the Pokémon universe where it's hinted? But otherwise I guess it's kind of a thing with the Kalos region.

I can't really remember any.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

Orphalesion

Remember that in Japanese kid's media poop is considered hilarious. Digimon and Yo-Kai Watch both have pee/poop inspired monsters, for example.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Remember that in Japanese kid's media poop is considered hilarious. Digimon and Yo-Kai Watch both have pee/poop inspired monsters, for example.
Even so there aren’t many Pokémon based on excrement. I guess that Game Freak is more cautious of the differences in moral standards between the Western audience and the Japanese audience.

Orphalesion

Even so there aren’t many Pokémon based on excrement. I guess that Game Freak is more cautious of the differences in moral standards between the Western audience and the Japanese audience.

Personally I think they got cautious after the controversies around Jynx and Alakazam in Gen 1. Which is also why I don't think we'll ever see an obvious pitchfork-style devil or an obvious halo and harp-style angel Pokemon.