• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I know the flute isn't the reason for going in game, but thats the purpose of the quest. like you have as little reason to be in the tower as the rival.
It's just that the flute is required to get past Snorlax just to make navigation of the Kanto region a bit easier. Also Snorlax is a nice Pokémon to use if you ever get to catch one.

But it was nice but at first weird for me to see Snorlax finally stand in X and Y in battle.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
It's just that the flute is required to get past Snorlax just to make navigation of the Kanto region a bit easier. Also Snorlax is a nice Pokémon to use if you ever get to catch one.

But it was nice but at first weird for me to see Snorlax finally stand in X and Y in battle.

I don't think it's possible to beat the game without battling at least one of them is it...? they block off Fuchsia City.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't think it's possible to beat the game without battling at least one of them is it...? they block off Fuchsia City.
I remember that there are two. One blocks the path from Celadon City to Cycling Road and the other blocks the intersection between Route 11 and Route 12. The only one you have to catch or defeat is the one that's blocking Cycling Road, otherwise you can't progress.

Just saying that they look pretty small in the overworld, especially in X and Y, where it just covers the width of a bridge.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Why couldn't he also be interested in the ghosts...? Like there are people around talking about the weird stuff going on at Pokemon Tower.

Like the white hand?

Snorlax took 20 years to stand up. XD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Not really scary or creepy, more like weird but funny:

Remember that part in Sun/Moon where you go to Po Town and Team Skull have taken over this giant mansion? In one room, you see two female Skull grunts talking to each other. One of them says "OH EM GEE!", which is probably the closest Pokémon has ever gotten to someone saying "Oh my God!"

...Although technically it would be OMA, for "Oh my Arceus!"

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Remember that part in Sun/Moon where you go to Po Town and Team Skull have taken over this giant mansion? In one room, you see two female Skull grunts talking to each other. One of them says "OH EM GEE!", which is probably the closest Pokémon has ever gotten to someone saying "Oh my God!"
I found that to be a pretty weird coincidence but at the same time somehow typical. It's just interesting why something like that would even be in a Pokémon game.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Team Skull all act like airheads with short fuses so I felt like a valley girl grunt made sense.
Depends on how much she uses the word 'like' for me. Would have made perfect sense if she did use it quite a lot.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Depends on how much she uses the word 'like' for me. Would have made perfect sense if she did use it quite a lot.

I think she was talking to the other grunt about how dirty her tank top was.

Orphalesion

...Although technically it would be OMA, for "Oh my Arceus!"

IDK the "Arceus is worshiped as God" thing seems just to be fanon. The Pokedex entries all include some variation of "In mythology this Pokemon shaped the universe" Some even further specify "in the mythology of Sinnoh" so it looks like Arceus is less the Judeo-Christian God and, if anything, probably more like a Kami in Shinto Mythology.
We know very little about any actual, modern religion in Pokemon, just as we know very little about any actual, modern government.
So while it may open a few questions, it's probably just really a translator trying to convey that she's a stereotypical Valley Girl/air head.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think she was talking to the other grunt about how dirty her tank top was.
That grunt was talking about how the other grunt was wearing her tank top and that it smelt stinky. But then the other one used like only once and I didn't really feel the full 'valley girl' effect.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
IDK the "Arceus is worshiped as God" thing seems just to be fanon.

'It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing then shaped the world.'-bwb2w2

It might not but stated but I think it's implied . Spear pillar and the hall of origin are very likely nods to mount Olympus with the Greco-Roman pillars and being at the top of a mountain and in the cathedral-esque building in Hearthrome there is a stained glass window depicting what appears to be light coming from the top of Mount Coronet. It might not be confirmed but it hasn't been debunked.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
'It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing then shaped the world.'-bwb2w2

It might not but stated but I think it's implied . Spear pillar and the hall of origin are very likely nods to mount Olympus with the Greco-Roman pillars and being at the top of a mountain and in the cathedral-esque building in Hearthrome there is a stained glass window depicting what appears to be light coming from the top of Mount Coronet. It might not be confirmed but it hasn't been debunked.

While that is true, I still don't think people in the pokemon world would say "oh my arceus". He's still a God so "oh my god" still works and "oh my arceus" just sounds awkward.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I don't know why, but Ultra Necrozma's theme sounds kind of creepy. It's probably the organs, which makes it sound more like a battle of good vs. evil than something you'd normally hear in a Pokémon game. In Japanese, Ultra Necrozma's Z-Move, Light that Burns the Sky, is called Heaven-Scorching Light of Destruction, which further adds to the celestial feel of the whole thing. And it looks like a nuclear explosion.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't know why, but Ultra Necrozma's theme sounds kind of creepy. It's probably the organs, which makes it sound more like a battle of good vs. evil than something you'd normally hear in a Pokémon game. In Japanese, Ultra Necrozma's Z-Move, Light that Burns the Sky, is called Heaven-Scorching Light of Destruction, which further adds to the celestial feel of the whole thing. And it looks like a nuclear explosion.
It didn't sound creepy to me but it sounded very intense. It felt like having the ultimate Pokémon fight, which fits well with how powerful Ultra Necrozma was in USUM. And I felt that Light That Burns The Sky is just as intense.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Anyone else find the Lonely Man in Mauville City Towers that turned into Mr. O Powers scene creepy?

I believe you already mentioned him in this thread previously. That was pretty... weird.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
There's that age-old debate of whether people in the Pokémon world eat Pokémon like we do with animals in the real world. I think it's been shown in the anime a few times, like in the episode on the SS Anne where a fantasy shows plates of chopped Magikarp.

Although that might be pretty freaky in some cases; would people eat KFC - Kentucky Fried Combusken? :p:D

(By the way, I've changed the thread title so that it includes scary or weird stuff in the manga and anime as well as the games.)