• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
There's that age-old debate of whether people in the Pokémon world eat Pokémon like we do with animals in the real world. I think it's been shown in the anime a few times, like in the episode on the SS Anne where a fantasy shows plates of chopped Magikarp.

Although that might be pretty freaky in some cases; would people eat KFC - Kentucky Fried Combusken? :p:D

(By the way, I've changed the thread title so that it includes scary or weird stuff in the manga and anime as well as the games.)
There are some Pokédex entries on it too. I remember one where Pelipper could scoop up 40 Wishiwashi at once.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
There are some Pokédex entries on it too. I remember one where Pelipper could scoop up 40 Wishiwashi at once.

Pokémon eat other Pokémon just as real-life animals do. This is Pidgeot's Dex entry from Red (I've left in the capitals):

When hunting, it skims the surface of water at high speed to pick off unwary prey such as MAGIKARP.

A more recent one I remember is that Gumshoos likes to eat Rattata, but they often never manage to catch one because the former is diurnal and the latter is nocturnal.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Pokémon eat other Pokémon just as real-life animals do. This is Pidgeot's Dex entry from Red (I've left in the capitals):

A more recent one I remember is that Gumshoos likes to eat Rattata, but they often never manage to catch one because the former is diurnal and the latter is nocturnal.
Yeah I remember. But Gumshoos waits so long just to get Rattata to eat.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I remember an NPC (I think he was in the Eterna City condos) talking about his wife as if she were a Pokémon. He says something along the lines of: "I met her, and she evolved into my wife, and then she evolved into the mother of my kids!"

That just sounds really weird, and even a little bit creepy. He's basically objectifying his wife as an animal. o_O

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I remember an NPC (I think he was in the Eterna City condos) talking about his wife as if she were a Pokémon. He says something along the lines of: "I met her, and she evolved into my wife, and then she evolved into the mother of my kids!"

That just sounds really weird, and even a little bit creepy. He's basically objectifying his wife as an animal. o_O
Why would someone do that? It would be out of someone's mind to think of someone else being an actual Pokémon. It's probably for a comparison but still I find it weird.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I find it weird that Hypno still can’t learn Dream Eater by leveling up despite it being stated numerous times that is what it naturally does.
I would expect it to be able to learn Dream Eater by level up. Even Munna gets to learn it by level up. If Munna can, why not Drowzee or even Hypno.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
@ Mega Altaria: The Torchic line is already fried chicken, you're already half done

The Ultra Ruins. Unlike the other Ultra Beasts' home, its not just some alternate dimension. It's a version of your world that underwent what appears to be a nuclear meltdown so bad the survivors had to evacuate the Earth

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
@ Mega Altaria: The Torchic line is already fried chicken, you're already half done
But then there’s no canon record of anyone eating one. But still I like that possible allusion to KFC.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Male Skiddo and Gogoat learning Milk Drink, when it's the females that produce milk.

What I'd like to see happen in gen 8 is the move become a TM, learned by all breedable mammalian Pokemon (even baby Pokemon that are mammalian that evolve into Pokemon capable of breeding), as long as they are female. This would also remove the ability of male Skiddo and Gogoat to learn the move.

Any female mammalian Pokemon that knows the move can then use it to heal any offspring they might breed regardless of what gender they are, analogous to mother mammals nursing their babies in real life.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I would expect it to be able to learn Dream Eater by level up. Even Munna gets to learn it by level up. If Munna can, why not Drowzee or even Hypno.

Munna also learns Nightmare by level-up (at level 29, I think?)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Munna also learns Nightmare by level-up (at level 29, I think?)
Munna does learn Nightmare at Lv 29 by level up. It's weird to think of it as an inducer of nightmares due to its ability to eat dreams. Even Drowzee can't learn Nightmare.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Munna does learn Nightmare at Lv 29 by level up. It's weird to think of it as an inducer of nightmares due to its ability to eat dreams. Even Drowzee can't learn Nightmare.

Nightmare was introduced in Gen 2, so I have no idea why GF wouldn't allow Drowzee and Hypno to learn Nightmare or Dream Eater when Gengar and Munna can.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nightmare was introduced in Gen 2, so I have no idea why GF wouldn't allow Drowzee and Hypno to learn Nightmare or Dream Eater when Gengar and Munna can.
That makes much better sense on Gengar but it probably has been a while for them to have introduced Nightmare and just put it on Munna without having Drowzee being able to learn it as a level-up move. And even completely forgot about Drowzee not being able to learn so.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
IDK the "Arceus is worshiped as God" thing seems just to be fanon. .

'It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing then shaped the world.'-bwb2w2

It might not but stated but I think it's implied . Spear pillar and the hall of origin are very likely nods to mount Olympus with the Greco-Roman pillars and being at the top of a mountain and in the cathedral-esque building in Hearthrome there is a stained glass window depicting what appears to be light coming from the top of Mount Coronet. It might not be confirmed but it hasn't been debunked.

Arceus is a Mythical, so it's entirely possible that most of the general public wouldn't even know of its existence, let alone worship it.

There's that age-old debate of whether people in the Pokémon world eat Pokémon like we do with animals in the real world. I think it's been shown in the anime a few times, like in the episode on the SS Anne where a fantasy shows plates of chopped Magikarp.

Although that might be pretty freaky in some cases; would people eat KFC - Kentucky Fried Combusken? :p:D

(By the way, I've changed the thread title so that it includes scary or weird stuff in the manga and anime as well as the games.)

They do. In Sun and Moon, they sell what is explicitly stated to be meat in the supermarkets. And you can order food with meat in it at the restaurants.

Unless cannibalism is legal in Alola, there can only be one source where that stuff is coming from.

Also, Wishiwashi are delicious, according to the Pokedex. Wonder how that info would be known.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Arceus is a Mythical, so it's entirely possible that most of the general public wouldn't even know of its existence, let alone worship it.

All except the main character, which is you. I wonder why the player character always seems to be the 'chosen one' in the games.

They do. In Sun and Moon, they sell what is explicitly stated to be meat in the supermarkets. And you can order food with meat in it at the restaurants.

And you can also find bags of Sinnohan Poffins at the supermarket. Probably the first time a demonym for Sinnoh has ever been specified. I think there was also some food with meat in it at the Mauville Food Court in Hoenn.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
All except the main character, which is you. I wonder why the player character always seems to be the 'chosen one' in the games.
In the plot perspective it’s so that the player has as much experience as possible to bring out the full effect of the plot. But in the practical sense it all seems coincidental.
And you can also find bags of Sinnohan Poffins at the supermarket. Probably the first time a demonym for Sinnoh has ever been specified. I think there was also some food with meat in it at the Mauville Food Court in Hoenn.
What? Really? I don’t remember that meat was sold in some places in Pokémon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
What? Really? I don’t remember that meat was sold in some places in Pokémon.

I remember they had Magnemite Croquettes, which obviously don't contain Magnemite. ;)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I remember they had Magnemite Croquettes, which obviously don't contain Magnemite. ;)
Of course not. Why would anyone eat a Pokémon made out of metal as food? That would be really weird if that did happen.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Of course not. Why would anyone eat a Pokémon made out of metal as food? That would be really weird if that did happen.

Maybe they're shaped like Magnemite. Like how you can get chicken nuggets shaped like chickens. :)

Then there's Moomoo Milk, but at least you don't have to kill a Pokémon to make it. Remember that sick Miltank in G/S/C and HG/SS who couldn't make milk because it was sick? And you had to give her some Berries?