• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe they're shaped like Magnemite. Like how you can get chicken nuggets shaped like chickens. :)

Then there's Moomoo Milk, but at least you don't have to kill a Pokémon to make it. Remember that sick Miltank in G/S/C and HG/SS who couldn't make milk because it was sick? And you had to give her some Berries?
Yeah, I was thinking it’s just a normal croquette but it’s shaped like a Magnemite. I think that’s a pretty weird shape.

I remember having to feed berries to a Miltank so that I could buy Moomoo Milk in GSC/HGSS. I don’t find too many weird things with the Miltank.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
You know what we should talk about. Lillie fan theories! As many of you know, Lillie's second biggest role is in Pokemon Adventures, behind her first biggest role in the games and right after the anime. Anyone who is fan of Lillie has absolutely has to read the Pokemon Adventures Sun and Moon story arc, NO ARGUMENTS. Hehehehahaha lol. Spoilers below.

In the manga, her role is actually quite sadder than her game counterpart through a simple in-depth look on just how emotionally traumatized Lillie is by Lusamine's demanding nature, treating her like a doll that can be thrown away, not a person. The manga has gave us some more details that has spawned arguably the most incredibly dark fan theory of Lillie. That she may not even be human to begin with, she's Nihilego. Although many Adventure fans doubt this fan theory will come to true, including myself, I have to admit that Lusamine has become somewhat of a monster in both the games and anime, which is kind of funny considering how chill Lusamine is in the anime. It's not just Lillie who got psychologically traumatized by Lusamine but also Gladion.

For those who don't know, Gladion finds out that Plumeria is the second-in-command of Team Skull and he mocks her for being a woman in-charge. He later admits that this actually disturbs him a bit because he admits that a woman in-charge scares him a little, Plumeria reminding Gladion of his insane mother, Lusamine, the leader of the Aether Foundation. For those who don't know why you should find this disturbing, one of the reasons why misogyny exist in some men is not because they simply just hate women or tradition but because they possibly have a horrible mother, usually a psychologically abusive mother during much of their childhood. Although Gladion doesn't hate women, the fact he has some signs of it due to his insane mother, is actually quite disturbing to readers of the Pokemon Adventures manga.

In fact, Adventures take on Lusamine is easily the darkest and most detailed take than even the original Sun and Moon version.

ff7.jpg

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
You know what we should talk about. Lillie fan theories! As many of you know, Lillie's second biggest role is in Pokemon Adventures, behind her first biggest role in the games and right after the anime. Anyone who is fan of Lillie has absolutely has to read the Pokemon Adventures Sun and Moon story arc, NO ARGUMENTS. Hehehehahaha lol. Spoilers below.

In the manga, her role is actually quite sadder than her game counterpart through a simple in-depth look on just how emotionally traumatized Lillie is by Lusamine's demanding nature, treating her like a doll that can be thrown away, not a person. The manga has gave us some more details that has spawned arguably the most incredibly dark fan theory of Lillie. That she may not even be human to begin with, she's Nihilego. Although many Adventure fans doubt this fan theory will come to true, including myself, I have to admit that Lusamine has become somewhat of a monster in both the games and anime, which is kind of funny considering how chill Lusamine is in the anime. It's not just Lillie who got psychologically traumatized by Lusamine but also Gladion.

For those who don't know, Gladion finds out that Plumeria is the second-in-command of Team Skull and he mocks her for being a woman in-charge. He later admits that this actually disturbs him a bit because he admits that a woman in-charge scares him a little, Plumeria reminding Gladion of his insane mother, Lusamine, the leader of the Aether Foundation. For those who don't know why you should find this disturbing, one of the reasons why misogyny exist in some men is not because they simply just hate women or tradition but because they possibly have a horrible mother, usually a psychologically abusive mother during much of their childhood. Although Gladion doesn't hate women, the fact he has some signs of it due to his insane mother, is actually quite disturbing to readers of the Pokemon Adventures manga.

In fact, Adventures take on Lusamine is easily the darkest and most detailed take than even the original Sun and Moon version.

ff7.jpg

That probably explains why Lillie is somewhat quiet about her past at the beginning of S/M. We couldn't see exactly what or who she was running away from with Nebby (Cosmog), we only saw the Team Aether employees chasing after her.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That probably explains why Lillie is somewhat quiet about her past at the beginning of S/M. We couldn't see exactly what or who she was running away from with Nebby (Cosmog), we only saw the Team Aether employees chasing after her.
Yeah, she feels so mysterious in the beginning and it all makes sense as the plot unfolds. I even wondered why a girl like Lillie would end up becoming Kukui's assistant at first. But then we saw a glimpse of Nebby in the opening cutscene and the links to it with other plot aspects eventually formed so later on we knew why.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I find some of the things the Channelers originally said in the Pokémon Tower in RBY creepy. There’s the one that screams “Give me blood!” that is especially disturbing. This is a kids game and you’re talking about death explicitly?!

shoz999

Yeah. It's funny, the anime had me thinking that Lusamine is this sweet awkward woman months after Sun and Moon's release. When I was reading the manga, which follows more faithfully on the games, it pretty much reminded me not only how insane Lusamine is but how Sun and Moon are the darkest Pokemon main series video games ever made. What's also funny is that the Sun and Moon arc hasn't even reached to Lusamine's big debut, it's taking it's time for the shadowy build-up and through Lillie and Gladion's words and trauma, you can tell what kind of character Lusamine already is before you even get to meet her. I wish the anime could do such build-up, things are getting pretty intense for the Sun and Moon arc right now.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I find some of the things the Channelers originally said in the Pokémon Tower in RBY creepy. There’s the one that screams “Give me blood!” that is especially disturbing. This is a kids game and you’re talking about death explicitly?!
I found the Channelers a bit disturbing now even though they felt kinda funny. It sounds pretty cheesy considering that it was from the 90s anyway. I think they wanted the kids to strongly associate them with the spookiness of the environment in Pokémon Tower.

shoz999

This isn't really scary or creepy, rather it kind of leaves fans of Pokemon horror and supernatural with a big excited smile on their mouth, hoping Diamond, Pearl and Platina revisit the Old Chateau again and investigate whatever was the source of the mysterious happenings at the Old Chateau. Anyone who knows what lies in the Old Chateau, knows what that "Plasma" is. What happens next? You have to read the manga to find out.

DcAZih8.jpg

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One weird bit I'd have to say is the entire scene with the two girls who are flirting with a Machamp and the later revelation it's a guy dressed up as a pokemon. That entire scene is disturbing.
I found that one really weird too. Why would any girl hang out with a Pokémon? And the man in the costume saying that he feels uncomfortable makes it feel even more weird...

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I found the Channelers a bit disturbing now even though they felt kinda funny. It sounds pretty cheesy considering that it was from the 90s anyway. I think they wanted the kids to strongly associate them with the spookiness of the environment in Pokémon Tower.

It sounds more like something you'd read in a Goosebumps book.

Yeah. It's funny, the anime had me thinking that Lusamine is this sweet awkward woman months after Sun and Moon's release. When I was reading the manga, which follows more faithfully on the games, it pretty much reminded me not only how insane Lusamine is but how Sun and Moon are the darkest Pokemon main series video games ever made. What's also funny is that the Sun and Moon arc hasn't even reached to Lusamine's big debut, it's taking it's time for the shadowy build-up and through Lillie and Gladion's words and trauma, you can tell what kind of character Lusamine already is before you even get to meet her. I wish the anime could do such build-up, things are getting pretty intense for the Sun and Moon arc right now.

Yeah, the anime kind of sanitizes Lusamine for the kids. That way she loses her creepiness and her alleged abuse of Lillie and Gladion for her own gains.

One weird bit I'd have to say is the entire scene in Hano Grand Resort with the two girls who are flirting with a Machamp and the later revelation it's a guy dressed up as a pokemon. That entire scene is disturbing.

I found that one really weird too. Why would any girl hang out with a Pokémon? And the man in the costume saying that he feels uncomfortable makes it feel even more weird...

Remember that book of Sinnoh myths in the Canalave Library that talked about people once marrying Pokémon? That just feels so wrong now, but it's implied that back then it was kind of the norm.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It sounds more like something you'd read in a Goosebumps book.
I think it's because of that childish horror connects both of them together. But I didn't feel that they were as scary or more scary.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Phantump being the ghost of kids who died in the forest. This and its design manages to elicit both creepiness and pity

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Phantump being the ghost of kids who died in the forest. This and its design manages to elicit both creepiness and pity
And its cry also enhances that spookiness. And I think it’s more of a possessed tree stump.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

What about Morelull and Shiinotic's lights? If they shine their lights at you, you can never return home. I also remember a Dex entry that said Morelull or Shiinotic's lights once almost caused a plane to crash.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
What about Morelull and Shiinotic's lights? If they shine their lights at you, you can never return home. I also remember a Dex entry that said Morelull or Shiinotic's lights once almost caused a plane to crash.

Lets not forget that these guys literally drink you. The anime showed this when it used Ash as a meal ticket!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Lets not forget that these guys literally drink you. The anime showed this when it used Ash as a meal ticket!

They drank his energy out? I haven't seen the S/M anime at all.

Also, Cacturne. Its Dex entries say it sleeps during the day, but comes out at night to prey on any travellers who get lost in the desert. So... is that implying it EATS them? :eek:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I think that was Morelull but it wasn’t a Pokédex entry. It said that there were a lot of them spreading their spores but I think it’s similar to runway lights that are used to help a plane land on a runway.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I think that was Morelull but it wasn’t a Pokédex entry. It said that there were a lot of them spreading their spores but I think it’s similar to runway lights that are used to help a plane land on a runway.

Morelull and Shiinotic are actually based on a type of mushroom whose spores glow in the dark. It's kind of like nature's neon lights.

Gizmoduck

Burns eternally hot
I recall hearing about some interesting stuff cut from localization regarding books in Gen 4, like people both eating Pokemon, or weirder still, marrying them.

Really paints an odd world, so much so, I wouldn't be against playing a new game set hundreds of years prior to gen 1. New ways to catch, seeing essentially a brand new world and maybe where even Pokemon and humans began to deviate into a owners and pets instead of equals.

Except I know GF would never do that, and it would only be censored here, anyway.