• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well come on, they definitely should be feeling cold there. But I don't think I've ever encountered a wild Froslass there... and even so I don't remember encountering one in any Pokémon game. But really the idea of freezing them to their deaths and putting them on display is just creepy.
The closest thing to Froslass we see on that route is wild Snorunt in Platinum. I think Froslass is one of those Pokémon that has never been available in the wild in the games like Rhyperior or Mew.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The closest thing to Froslass we see on that route is wild Snorunt in Platinum. I think Froslass is one of those Pokémon that has never been available in the wild in the games like Rhyperior or Mew.
I think we're pretty close at Mt Lanakila too. Glalie can only be encountered in the wild there so we would be close to seeing Froslass there too. Also the icy interior of the cave would be a perfect habitat for Frolass to display its prey.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It wouldn’t be the first time this series was low-key dark;

"The soul of a woman lost on a snowy mountain possessed an icicle, becoming this Pokémon. The food it most relishes is the souls of men."

That’s a Pokédex entry from Frosslass. But yeah “kids” game.
I think that might be referencing the yuki-onna myth Froslass is based off.

Ghost type Pokedex entries probably are more creepy than any other type on average

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Also, the whole Litwick line. They're candles or chandeliers which pretend to be a useful light, but they're actually sucking out life energy from anybody who goes near them. Chandelure's flames don't physically burn its victims, but it instead burns up their soul, which wanders aimlessly around in the afterlife for eternity. Which makes you wonder how Shauntal is still alive with that Chandelure of hers. o_O

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Also, the whole Litwick line. They're candles or chandeliers which pretend to be a useful light, but they're actually sucking out life energy from anybody who goes near them. Chandelure's flames don't physically burn its victims, but it instead burns up their soul, which wanders aimlessly around in the afterlife for eternity. Which makes you wonder how Shauntal is still alive with that Chandelure of hers. o_O
Ooh. Even so, according to Litwick and Lampent's Pokédex entries, they use the souls as their fuel so it's basically their food. Maybe in that case it doesn't want to eat the soul of Shauntal.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Ooh. Even so, according to Litwick and Lampent's Pokédex entries, they use the souls as their fuel so it's basically their food. Maybe in that case it doesn't want to eat the soul of Shauntal.
I’m guessing that the line will not absorb the souls of those it likes such as their trainers and friends and families. Either that or they just take a very tiny bit once in awhile.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I’m guessing that the line will not absorb the souls of those it likes such as their trainers and friends and families. Either that or they just take a very tiny bit once in awhile.
Yeah maybe so. It would be weird for it to eat the soul of someone it would like even if it's known for eating souls. But it would be more likely to consume other sorts of food like Berries if it were to be owned by a Trainer.

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins

Yeah but that girl in BW2 used a Litwik, right? The one who goes back to the Pokémon Centre after being battled and seems to be having her soul eaten by her own Litwik?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah but that girl in BW2 used a Litwik, right? The one who goes back to the Pokémon Centre after being battled and seems to be having her soul eaten by her own Litwik?
I don't remember that happening in B2W2. But in which Pokémon Center does it happen? And where is she battled?

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

Yeah, in fact I mentioned her in my first post in this thread. Her name's Alberta (any Canadians here? ;)) and she returns to Mistralton after the battle, where she says she's feeling a little worn-out due to her Litwick sucking out her energy. And she's a Schoolkid too. :eek:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely happens. She is battled in Celestial Tower and returns to Milstralton City Pokemon Centre.
I suspected that one. It definitely makes sense considering a lot of Litwick live at Celestial Tower. I think the one she had was likely to be recently caught.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:

Technically Mew was wild in Emerald via the Old Sea Chart. I've always been disappointed that the yuki-onna reference in Route 217 didn't involve Yukimenoko (Froslass), however.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Technically Mew was wild in Emerald via the Old Sea Chart. I've always been disappointed that the yuki-onna reference in Route 217 didn't involve Yukimenoko (Froslass), however.
Well you know what I mean. Some Pokémon will never be found in the wild unless it is under some special circumstance or a place with a very specific condition.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Well you know what I mean. Some Pokémon will never be found in the wild unless it is under some special circumstance or a place with a very specific condition.

Remember when we were younger, we always wondered where Professor Oak caught the starters? Well, turns out he catches them in Alola with the Island Scanner. ;)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One thing I found weird is how the professor is expected to be an expert of Pokémon and writes all of the Pokédex entries of every Pokémon in the Pokédex but sends the player on a task to catch all of the Pokémon to unlock the entry data in the Pokédex. But then can't the professor tell the player about every Pokémon that can be found in their native region? But really it's a great incentive for the player to get out on an adventure to look out for as many different Pokémon species as possible and experience their behaviours in their natural habitat.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Machamp Shove, it just looks creepy.

Yeah... Why does Machamp have to carry you while he pushes heavy boulders around? I get that he has four arms, but still. o_O