• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary/creepy/weird stuff in Pokémon (games, anime, manga etc.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I always found Giovanni's splash sound effect at Tohjo Falls in HGSS kind of creepy since it sounded like he threw himself off a waterfall and committed suicide.

I think it was the sound of him approaching the water's edge and Surfing. Him killing himself wouldn't have made much sense.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
And she went as far as to disowning her own children. That’s a lot more scary than I thought.

Ghetsis also disowned N, kind of. He formed his own branch of Team Plasma which was loyal to him (Ghetsis), while the other branch was loyal to N.

I think it was the sound of him approaching the water's edge and Surfing. Him killing himself wouldn't have made much sense.

Though given he finds out
Silver
is his son...

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
And she went as far as to disowning her own children. That’s a lot more scary than I thought.

Well atleast her behavior can be attributes to the Nihilego toxins. As Lillie stated, prior to her obsession with the UB, she was shown to be a caring mother.

Ghetsis is far more disturbing imo, since he's not being controlled or anything, but rather it's from the sheer vileness of his heart. N isn't even his biological son, so it's creepy to imagine that he must've plucked out a random boy living in a jungle and emotionally manipulated him for years to do his bidding. And Ghetsis is so unhinged that he is shown to be violent as well, as seen in BW2 and when he smacked Lillie in USUM. And lastly, his Hydreigon has full power Frustration, so imagine how much he must torment his Pokémon as well.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Well atleast her behavior can be attributes to the Nihilego toxins. As Lillie stated, prior to her obsession with the UB, she was shown to be a caring mother.

Nihilego's Dex entries do say that people who get its toxins injected into them start acting violently, so maybe Lusamine was brainwashed by the toxins into disowning Lillie and Gladion and only thinking about the UBs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ghetsis also disowned N, kind of. He formed his own branch of Team Plasma which was loyal to him (Ghetsis), while the other branch was loyal to N.
Yeah but then he was a pure villain in a lot of ways. One way was that he claimed that Team Plasma would liberate Pokémon from their Trainers for a cause, but instead use these stolen Pokémon to increase Team Plasma's power.
Nihilego's Dex entries do say that people who get its toxins injected into them start acting violently, so maybe Lusamine was brainwashed by the toxins into disowning Lillie and Gladion and only thinking about the UBs.
But in Lusamine's case, the effect of Nihilego's toxins reduced her mentality to that of a child, which would fully bring out her instinctual desires to become closer to the Ultra Beasts, hence bringing out the id according to Freudian psychology. That was part of what Nihilego's Japanese name was named after.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve always thought of Lusamine as more of a misguided individual who slowly lost her sanity after Mohn disappeared and she started to obsess over finding him and being reunited. I think she did have good intentions that slowly became twisted. I think of Lusamine being similar to Count Bleck in that she figured since she lost someone she loved then destruction of the world was worth the danger if it meant she could see her husband again

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
But in Lusamine's case, the effect of Nihilego's toxins reduced her mentality to that of a child, which would fully bring out her instinctual desires to become closer to the Ultra Beasts, hence bringing out the id according to Freudian psychology. That was part of what Nihilego's Japanese name was named after.

Nihilego is even Latin for "I am nothing". So the toxins basically reduced her down to nothing but her overpowering desires.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nihilego is even Latin for "I am nothing". So the toxins basically reduced her down to nothing but her overpowering desires.
Or in terms of Freudian psychology, the ego represents the more rational thoughts that are used to satisfy one's pleasures. But Nihilego can be thought as in 'lacking ego', which can be interpreted in the sense that the rational thought is lacking, which increases the intensity of one's desires, especially in Lusamine's case.

DarkPoke001

Dark Pokémon Master
It's probably a relatable experience for many, but when I was younger, first stumbling upon the Old Chateau in Diamond I was, not only a little confused at first, but also it was a bit unnerving, the chilling music only adding to the intense unsettling atmosphere. This didn't feel like your typical Pokémon game location. Lavender Town's cemetery was melancholy and a tiny bit creepy but nothing like this. Then after searching the rooms you encounter actually humanoid ghosts. Not a place to stumble upon for the first time late at night.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DarkPoke001 said:
It's probably a relatable experience for many, but when I was younger, first stumbling upon the Old Chateau in Diamond I was, not only a little confused at first, but also it was a bit unnerving, the chilling music only adding to the intense unsettling atmosphere. This didn't feel like your typical Pokémon game location. Lavender Town's cemetery was melancholy and a tiny bit creepy but nothing like this. Then after searching the rooms you encounter actually humanoid ghosts. Not a place to stumble upon for the first time late at night.

I feel like the Pokemon Tower is far scarier however, because the ghosts there were malevolent spirits of deceased Pokemon who were possessing people.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I feel like the Pokemon Tower is far scarier however, because the ghosts there were malevolent spirits of deceased Pokemon who were possessing people.

Back then Ghost types were really creepy because they could only be found in a gravesite no-one expected, and you can't even fight them until you get the Silph Scope. They actually come off as ghosts. I always thought that the Gastly line were actual ghosts of the Pokemon buried there. I'm still not convinced the Gastly line aren't actual ghosts of Pokemon

If my own mother was like Lusamine... :eek:

Ghetsis could also be considered an abusive (foster) parent as he used and abused N for his own twisted gains. I think someone already talked about them in a previous post on this thread.

If Giovanni did kill himself, why does he appear in US/UM? Okay, I kid. :p

Ghetsis, at least, wasn't N's actual father. He only adopted him to use him in the first place, he's more a kidnapper. Lusamine is her children's parent, which makes the abuse even more messed up

Giovanni also appears in BW2. Team Rainbow Rocket is comprised of alternate versions where the MC didn't exist to stop them

The scene in Pokemon Platinum where Cyrus has control of Dialga and Palkia was pretty forboding when you think more about it. Think about it; in that moment, Cyrus has won. You couldn't actually stop him. And unlike Archie/Maxie, his plans aren't going to backfire on themselves. You, the usually invincible MC, who virtually always wins thanks to game mechanics, have failed in saving the world and the only reason the universe isn't destroyed is because of something no-one there predicted

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Old Chateau always gave me the creeps. I think Lavender town was a lot scarier than it actually was when I was a little kid because of all of the Lavendar town theories. I had no business reading those creepy pastas back then lol.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Ghetsis, at least, wasn't N's actual father. He only adopted him to use him in the first place, he's more a kidnapper. Lusamine is her children's parent, which makes the abuse even more messed up

Isn't Mohn (the guy you talk to on Poké Pelago) Lillie and Gladion's father? Thus making him Lusamine's husband? Where was he to save his wife? o_O

Old Chateau always gave me the creeps. I think Lavender town was a lot scarier than it actually was when I was a little kid because of all of the Lavendar town theories. I had no business reading those creepy pastas back then lol.

I still kind of find Lavender Town creepy because of that music and all the dark stuff indelibly associated with it. The Creepypastas can get a bit silly and cliched however, like that one about the supposed 'hidden' frequencies in the Lavender music that drove kids in Japan insane. I'm just glad that most Creepypastas aren't real, for the most part.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Isn't Mohn (the guy you talk to on Poké Pelago) Lillie and Gladion's father? Thus making him Lusamine's husband? Where was he to save his wife? o_O

In USUM, it's confirmed that Mohn has no recollection of his past. If you defeat Gladion in the Pokemon League, Mohn visits Aether Paradise and encounters Lusamine but remembers nothing. Once he left the place, Gladion appears and asks his mother if she's fine with him being like this and she said that she had accepted the whole thing since Mohn has found happiness now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A lot of the evidence points to Mohn being the father of Lillie and Gladion and therefore the husband of Lusamine. He disappeared when he went into an Ultra Wormhole and underwent amnesia after spending too long there. But still in that cutscene at Aether Paradise in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, he could barely recognise Lusamine as his own wife and treats her more of as a stranger.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
In USUM, it's confirmed that Mohn has no recollection of his past. If you defeat Gladion in the Pokemon League, Mohn visits Aether Paradise and encounters Lusamine but remembers nothing. Once he left the place, Gladion appears and asks his mother if she's fine with him being like this and she said that she had accepted the whole thing since Mohn has found happiness now.

US/UM does take place in a parallel universe to S/M, so he probably doesn't remember the events of the latter.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
US/UM does take place in a parallel universe to S/M, so he probably doesn't remember the events of the latter.
But still a similar event happened to him in both versions so he is still an amnesiac in both Sun and Moon and Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. But what I find weird between both of these versions is the differences between the colour of his clothing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
PorcelainVulpix said:
I think Lavender town was a lot scarier than it actually was when I was a little kid because of all of the Lavendar town theories. I had no business reading those creepy pastas back then lol.

I've read theories regarding the town's theme song being different in Green than in Red and Blue and it supposedly having an influence on listeners, yet I own Green version myself and I never heard the difference to start with.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I find it weird how the writers of the anime just dropped the GS Ball story arc altogether and expected viewers to forget its existence despite it being featured in at least ten different episodes and that the Orange Islands arc revolved on Ash being able to explore the region because he was sent by Prof. Oak to retrieve it for research. Those of us who saw the anime during the first seasons still remember and know what the GS Ball was and how its story ended on a huge cliffhanger only never to be mentioned again.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Personally I did find Nihilego's fused form (with Lusamine) a bit scary to look at as Lusamine's hair colour had changed and that Nihilego looked a lot different by being a lot larger with these eye-like patterns on its tentacles. And its sharp finger-like protrusions from its tentacles looked like they could crush someone to death.