• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scary Hospitality! (875)

So him being constantly scared isn't what makes him a wuss; it's his sleeping position?

No. I was saying how he was being consistently frightened contributed to this. His sleeping position (fetal) is often portrayed in animation as "weak". As this is why I said this. Sleeping like that doesn't make you weak. I'd pretty much be insulting myself if that was what I implied :p

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review-

A bit delayed this time. You just know if this anime was rated R, this would have been your standard haunted house slasher horror movie.

Pros:

* "I shouldn't have said that." Serena's faces and horror stories

* Bonnie all for the scary stuff; that ending picture

* Clemont noticing the situation is 'off'

* Clemont saves the day....kind of?

Cons:

* I mean, I thought by now Clemont's courage has leveled up to the point that he wouldn't be pissing his pants off in a scary house. But meh, at least he developed in this episode.

* Wish it required more effort for Clemont to save all of them. He just went down the stairs, and told Ash what to do - the Frog's Frubbles and Ash physically pushing the door is actually what got them out.

* Did he just Dex a Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar?

* I mean, nothing important really happened here..

An okay episode. That's all I got to say.

3/10

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
* I mean, I thought by now Clemont's courage has leveled up to the point that he wouldn't be pissing his pants off in a scary house. But meh, at least he developed in this episode.

This show will never try to make meaningful character development if it means a comedic effect will disappear. Clemont will most likely continue being a coward, just like how baby Axew never truly grew as a character and kept getting lost to the chagrin of many, how Oshawott remained as a Piplup clone, how Chespin will never evolve for sure to keep up his gluttony (unless they can make Quilladin silly but then again it looks silly), how Brock's gag with women never taught him to be a real gentleman, and so on.

I watched it, thought it was okay considering all it was doing was setting up for next weeks gym battle. I will say, at the end, I completely forgot it was a Serena episode. Also, Laverre looked awesome from the outside. Last thing, and its probably been mentioned: Shota looks weird, creepy, and younger than what I would think a ten year old in this universe looks like.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I watched it, thought it was okay considering all it was doing was setting up for next weeks gym battle. I will say, at the end, I completely forgot it was a Serena episode. Also, Laverre looked awesome from the outside. Last thing, and its probably been mentioned: Shota looks weird, creepy, and younger than what I would think a ten year old in this universe looks like.

Wrong thread, kiddo.

XXD17

Draco rex
This episode really confused me. The guy just seemed to be like "oh, I forgot I'm dead".. like, what?

All this episode did was make me wish that Ash had actually captured the Haunter he met in Kanto..

Was he really dead? I thought it was all an elaborate prank created by the old man and the ghost pokemon and Bonnie was in on it, which explains why she disappeared without a word...like all the stuff was made up, including the date on the photo, by the old man to scare people for fun...I thought that Bonnie's photo at the end proved that?

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
Was he really dead? I thought it was all an elaborate prank created by the old man and the ghost pokemon and Bonnie was in on it, which explains why she disappeared without a word...like all the stuff was made up, including the date on the photo, by the old man to scare people for fun...I thought that Bonnie's photo at the end proved that?

Yes, he was actually dead. The photo's date in the Pokemon timeline was well over 200 years prior to the "present" timeline of the episode (which, as XY027 proved, the Pokemon timeline is following ours as it's 2015 right now in the timeline Ash and co. are living in). Cole confessed to everyone at the end that he's really a ghost. The photo at the end proved that their encounter with Cole was real and not a dream. Bonnie disappearing was because she fell for the traps in there and she has an extreme interest in the supernatural so yeah she was willing to go in there while Ash, Serena, and Clemont were scared for their lives.

The fact that Cole never cast a shadow was a hint to Cole being a ghost as well.

calvinhobbesliker

Yes, he was actually dead. The photo's date in the Pokemon timeline was well over 200 years prior to the "present" timeline of the episode (which, as XY027 proved, the Pokemon timeline is following ours as it's 2015 right now in the timeline Ash and co. are living in). Cole confessed to everyone at the end that he's really a ghost. The photo at the end proved that their encounter with Cole was real and not a dream. Bonnie disappearing was because she fell for the traps in there and she has an extreme interest in the supernatural so yeah she was willing to go in there while Ash, Serena, and Clemont were scared for their lives.

The fact that Cole never cast a shadow was a hint to Cole being a ghost as well.

But the date could be a lie...the only evidence for Cole actually being a ghost is the lack of shadow.

XXD17

Draco rex

I thought that was all a set up...like the date was fake...and when did they even get the chance to take a photo? Do ghosts even show up in photos? I thought his appearance was evidence that he wasn't a ghost? It just seems like Bonnie knew the point of the house was to "entertain" travelers (explaining why Cole conveniently had food ready) and she played along with Cole's tricks and even helped him out hence why she wasn't even a bit scared...Bonnie could have taken a photo after everyone got knocked out by hypnosis or something...

Xuxuba

I think he is dead. It's just that Bonnie is not scared of ghosts. The fact that Cole appeared on a photo isn't surprising tbh, there are several stories about ghosts appearing in picture. In fact, some ghosts only appear in pictures taken by camera while normal people can't see them. There are several movies about that. If he was a vampire instead then it would be weird.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
This episode was actually waaaay too hammy, and Serena's overblown fright made it so forced. It also didn't make much sense to me how they could just lose Bonnie like that when she was right in front of them.

At least we know the timeline of this adventure is probably stuck before 2000.

Lady Umbreon

Where did they get the year 1758? Photographs weren't invented yet. 1858 would have made more sense, especially when you look at Lon's clothing. Otherwise I liked the episode.

Last edited:
This was an ok episode up to the end when it suddenly got pretty dark for a pokemon episode.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode, but it didn't scare me. July 14, 1758, though. It was a Friday. Did anything happen on this day in the real world, by chance?

Photographs were not possible until mid 1820s.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I usually like the spooky episodes but I didn't like this. The only parts I liked was Gengar messing with Ash(I miss Haunter), and Serena.

Hated the Clemont/Bonnie focus.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
A fine episode, but it didn't scare me. July 14, 1758, though. It was a Friday. Did anything happen on this day in the real world, by chance?

Photographs were not possible until mid 1820s.

Only thing I can think of for July 14th is Bastille Day, a French holiday that has some connection to the French Revolution. However, that was 1789 if my memory serves correctly..

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I dunno how to classify the episode, it felt just short of being really good I think. If the shows makers had gone a bit further with the scary story thought process, this could have been very interesting but it still came out ok, I would say. I like seeing Gengar, the twist at the end was decent and you-know-who even manages to make a last minute appearance.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Where did they get the year 1758? Photographs weren't invented yet. 1858 would have made more sense, especially when you look at Lon's clothing. Otherwise I liked the episode.

Technology probably progressed faster in the Pokémon universe. I mean, they have jetpacks, advanced AI, the ability to turn sentient beings into energy and store them in tiny balls etc.