• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scenario - You see an Absol. What do you do?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
GExCWJb.jpg

Official TCG art of Absol.

You notice the day is hotter than usual. You notice the waves in the lake have gotten more rough than usual. And you just happen to see an Absol. A wild Absol. In a populated city for some reason. In Sootopolis City far away from the mainland. What do you do?

Whatever you do. Do not say your going to capture it. That is a very bad idea. Also if you know what I'm talking about then you know this thread is not about a single Pokemon.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I'd tell it it's not the bringer of disasters, but just warns about them. Then I'd warn everyone about what's going on.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's hard to give an honest answer because we have the benefit of out-of-universe knowledge. In-universe, though, I wouldn't buy the superstition

Bill the Typhlosion

Interesting idea for a thread! If possible, I would talk to the Absol (perhaps with one of my own Pokémon acting as a translator) and ask it what kind of disaster was approaching, so I could warn other people nearby. I'm not actually sure how precise Absol's prediction powers are, though, so it might not be able to tell me much.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Honestly, I would try to understand what that Absol wanted to warn us about. A drought? A flood? A tornado? I know sometimes understanding wild Pokémon won't be easy, but I would do my best to understand the upcoming disasters and warn the citizens of Sootopolis about it.

shoz999

Interesting idea for a thread! If possible, I would talk to the Absol (perhaps with one of my own Pokémon acting as a translator) and ask it what kind of disaster was approaching, so I could warn other people nearby. I'm not actually sure how precise Absol's prediction powers are, though, so it might not be able to tell me much.
Got the idea from Pokemon Adventures Ruby & Sapphire. While I think the movies are Absol's most famous roles, I think his biggest story role is undoubtedly the Pokemon Adventures manga, Absol foreshadowing a disaster that the world hasn't seen in a thousand years. Quite scary isn't it lol?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'd just stare at it.

But why do I have to be in Sootopolis, exactly? Couldn't I be anywhere else but there?
Maybe it is warning people of the danger of the ancient demigod sleeping/visiting there

shoz999

Okey dokey. If you guys don't know why Sootopolis City is the setting I choose then here's a little Ruby & Sapphire/ORAS spoiler for you guys, the answer to all your questions of what exactly the "disaster" is.

aByYpX3.png

THIS! THIS HERE IS THE DISASTER I SPEAK OF! FREAKING ICONIC MAN! This is the best Groudon & Kyogre scene here! You guys will never. EVER. EVER convince me that there is a better Groudon & Kyogre scene than this iconic scene here, the two super-ancients finally meeting each other at least for their long awaited battle at Sootopolis City! Now this is how you say "Yes! Groudon & Kyogre are going to fight!... Wait a minute! OH NO! GROUDON & KYOGRE ARE GOING TO FIGHT!"

Dream Lad

Banned
Okey dokey. If you guys don't know why Sootopolis City is the setting I choose then here's a little Ruby & Sapphire/ORAS spoiler for you guys, the answer to all your questions of what exactly the "disaster" is.

aByYpX3.png

THIS! THIS HERE IS THE DISASTER I SPEAK OF! FREAKING ICONIC MAN! This is the best Groudon & Kyogre scene here! You guys will never. EVER. EVER convince me that there is a better Groudon & Kyogre scene than this iconic scene here, the two super-ancients finally meeting each other at least for their long awaited battle at Sootopolis City! Now this is how you say "Yes! Groudon & Kyogre are going to fight!... Wait a minute! OH NO! GROUDON & KYOGRE ARE GOING TO FIGHT!"

Mega Evolution Act III made it pretty epic too.

Also I thought you were talking about the
meteor

shoz999

Mega Evolution Act III made it pretty epic too.

Also I thought you were talking about the
meteor
That's just it though. It made it feel epic but not terrifyingly end of the world, people and Pokemon are actually in danger epic. As for the other thing, I completely forgot about that one.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
If Absol would be there warn about a disaster but it wouldn't be clear what the disaster would be, unless Absol would be able to communicate that... so, instead of fleeing a vague threat which might or might not be something happening to the city or people who live in it, better become the disaster itself, kill all people and wait if a real disaster hits you after. ^^ Circumstances might alter the outcome and choice itself but hey, the possibilities are endless, just picked one!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’d catch it and train it just like any other Pokémon. If it’s a female, I’d call her Cassandra.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd approach it very carefully, and show him/her that I am very friendly. I bring out a brush, and use it on its fur. Mammalian Pokemon really like that.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Capture it, raise it to be a partner. Like any trainer should do.

Lemonski

aByYpX3.png

If that was the thing that was about to happen, I might want to get out of there. Though at the same time I probably wouldn't be able to tell what kind of stuff was about to go down beforehand. Maybe I could take the Absol with me too since it hasn't really done anything wrong, it's more that it warned people about the incoming disaster - I feel like I'd like having an Absol in my team and name it Crescent.