• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scenes that make you cry

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
I can only remember a few:

-In Dōbutsu no Mori (Animal Crossing Movie), when Sally had moved.
-In The Simpsons Movie where Marge leaves with the kids and Homer is calling for her, then their song (Why Do Bird Suddenly Appear?) starts to play, it makes me want to cry thinking about it.
-I cried at the end of The Simpsons Movie but in happiness.

I think that's it.

DidYouKnow

^ omg good to see im not the only one who got teary in the simpsons

im such a cryer in movies

anyways

mufassas death in the lion king ALWAYS makes me teary eyed

bambi & his mother's death

soo many other classic disney & kids movie they kill me

when i first saw the hannah montana movie i got a bit teary when travis found out miley was hannah with the whole revolving door scene

dumbledore's death in HP6 - i balled in the book but the movie was just a bit teary & sniffley

dead poets society - niels death

pursuit of happiness - toilet scene

oh god theres sooo many more but i cant remember

not bad for a 17 yr old guy :p

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
At the end of the Sixth Sense, where Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment say good-bye. That usually gets me. Oh, and where Chihiro and Haku say good-bye at the end of Spirited Away.

And the end of A.I. I only really cried the first time with that, but I went on for like five minutes. I didn't even stop when I got in the bathroom at the theater. But mostly, movies don't make me cry.

Lugion

I don't normally cry in movies, but the one that comes closest is King Kong '05.

Ethan

Banned
Its embarrassing but I'm the only crier out of the friends that I have when it comes to movies. It's not just a few movies either, any movie that particularly heartwrenching or whatnot my eyes either well up or cry. I couldn't even watch the holocaust documentary in history class. I started balling when they showed real time phootage of a childs dead body being scraped of the street. Yeah it was pretty embarrassing when your sniffing and sobbing when the entire class room is dead quiet...

Hotel Rwanda made me cry when it entered the scene where the missionaries come to the hotel with orhpans thinking that they'll have refuge and all to find out that the white tourists were being evacuated. Oh and that music...damn. Usually half of the factor in a scene that makes me cry is the music they play with it.

Oh yeah and pay it forward also jerked a few tears out of me. Yep, A.I. too. I also cried when bambis mom died. I mean what the hell? Disney is supposed to be sooo kid friendly and shoot the damn kids mom, thats messed up. I guess the moral of that story was "Don't stray far from your mother kids, or she'll be shot"

Schindlers list was another big one that made my start sobbing. When they showed the little girl in the movie, the only one that ever appeared in color. Man, I even had nightmares about that one. I'm completely serious.

You wouldn't think it but I'm extremely sensitive when it comes to emotional movies and stuff, after watching hotel Rwanda I was literally depressed for days. It was so bad I even considered doing humanitarian work in Africa when I was older. >_>

There's probably a thousand other movies I could mention that gave the blues and stuff, but I'm just not emo enough to go through each one.

Jhonny

Officially The Worst
I cried at The Lion King, but my grandad did die that day...

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
lion king-mufasas death and that lion from lion king 2 that dies(kufu???)
harry potter-when dumbledore dies
hannah mopntana the movie-i cried at the revolving door scene and when miley was singing the climb
sm64-the ending
ff VII-YOU KNOW AERITH'S DEATH
PMD 2-at the end...pretty much the whole ending
PMD-the whole ending aswell
mario party 4-ending
pokemon-trhe episode where ash leaves pikachu and pikachu comes back to ash got me crying for like 5 minutes
pokemon again-jirachi leaving max
pokemon-latioses death
pokemon-celebis death
pokemon-ash turning to stone
pokemon-darkrai death
pokemon-lugias death
e.t-e.t was dying
e.t-e.t goes home
simpsons movie-why do birds suddenly appear
thats all for the moment :I

StevenH1107

Directive?
Wall E got me too! :(
Also going back a few years, Braveheart, scene near the end, and Graveyard of the Fireflies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
At the end of the Sixth Sense, where Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment say good-bye. That usually gets me.

I forgot about that one! That was really beautiful, it became my favorite movie since.

Another one I remembered was Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch. I cried the first time when Stitch died, but I just become sad everytime I watch it. At least the ending's fluffy (lol pun).

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
hannah mopntana the movie-i cried at the revolving door scene and when miley was singing the climb

what is wrong with you fango pango?

I cried when that one game in We are the Marshall where the one dude got his shouder hurt.
Horible stuff.

waterballoon

Aspiring Coordinator
I cried when Oracion was playing in Movie 10. Also when Manaphy was leaving May... and I remember I literally BAWLED when Butterfree flew away too...

I also cried when Marley was dying in Marley & Me...

I'm a crybaby, apparently. XD

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
IN B4 T3H TITANIC

So sorry, JIMMAH!!!! already posted about that. =<

Eve (or Eva )

It's Eve. Not Eva, Eve. Do to Wall-E's rather lack luster speech skills, he has to pronounce the silent E at the end, and for some reason, decides to pronounce it as an "a". =/

Oddly enough, I haven't cried at a movie in ages, I'd say it's been about eight years since I cried at a movie, and that was only to a certain scene in the Lord of The Rings The Fellowship of the rings, on a certain bridge, with a certain wizard, and a certain fire demon.

Needless to say, I was six, and after the scene, I cried so hard I missed the rest of the movie.

I watched it the next day, of course. And that scene hardened me into a real man, so I didn't cry at the next seemingly depressing theme.

inb4someoneturnshardenedmeintoarealmanintoaninnuendo

Last edited:

Glorious Dreamer

Never stop believing
I cried more than enough times while watching movies (or reading books, when it comes to Harry Potter...). My best friend is always making fun of my soft heart; but is it really a crime to have sympathy for characters with whom you become so attached?

I've cried while watching the following:

1. Marley and Me - When I went to watch this with my family, every one of us cried at the end. Who wouldn't? :(

2. WALL-E - When WALL-E was being crushed and had no memory of EVE. I had gone to see that with my best friend and he gave me a look when he saw that I was crying.

3. The Lion King - I cried when Mufasa died and Simba was asking him to "wake up." :( I still cry at that sometimes...

4. E.T. - Ugh, I don't even know how many times I cried while watching this. You know how when little kids find a movie they really like and they make you watch it with them again and again and again? Well my little sister fell in love with this movie at the age of two, and every time she watched it she would make me watch it with her. Eventually I just started leaving the room at the sad part. :D

I don't think I've ever cried during any of the movies (maybe I became a little teary at the end of the Half-Blood Prince), but I've cried a couple of times while reading the books.

1. Mirror of Erised - I didn't really cry at this part, but I came pretty close to it. I mean, it was the first time the poor kid saw his parents. It really made me emotional.

2. Sirius's death in the Order of the Phoenix - I couldn't stop crying, especially when Harry started saying things like, "He can't be dead. He's probably just joking." And then it said that deep down he knew that it was no joke...Oh, it's still getting me teary eyed...

3. Dumbledore's death in the Half-Blood Prince - This one speaks for itself, although I'll admit that I saw something like this coming before I even opened the book. After reading this book, I grew a deep hatred for Snape...at least until the next book. ;)

4. Fred's death in the Deathly Hallows - I couldn't stand this one. He had always been one of my favorite characters. And it was aweful having to see his brothers' reactions...

5. Snape's death in the Deathly Hallows - I cried my eyes out after reading that one line; the one where Snape looked into Harry's eyes, supposedly so Lily's eyes would be the last thing he could see before he died.

6. The ending of the series - I cried out of happiness; I couldn't believe it was all over. The moment I closed the book I missed every character. *Sigh* I still miss them...

Last edited:

shadow_wolf

Im really bad crying at films and books on top of that.

So far my list extends to Lassie (new and original). Caught the end of the new one and started bawling.

Eight Below- Saw the two dogs and promptly started crying before i turned it off.

Countless disney films. Lion King, both Bambis, Fox and the Hound when Todd is left.

Marley and Me - Cried at the book but somehow got it into my head the film wouldn't be so bad. I was wrong. My youngest sister asking when our lab was gonna die didn't help that much either.

First Pokemon Movie and Pikachu's Goodbye got me teared up.

My Sisters Keeper (Book not film) had me in tears. Still have yet to discover what the film is like.

Just realised alot of the films that make me cry somehow involve animals is sad situations. Oh well, they are good films though.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Lion King- Mufasa's death
Wall-E- Wall-E's amnesia
Monster's Inc- Boo's goodbye and return
AI- leaving the kid (name escapes me, Haley Joel Osment's character) behind
Titanic- iceburg onward
HP5 book- Sirius's death
HP6 book- Dumbledore's death
HP7 book- Lupin's, Tonks', Fred's and Hedwig's death
Passion of the Christ- do i really need to explain this?
Finding Nemo- Coral's death and Nemo saying "I hate you."
Life is Beautiful- Guido's execution and his lying to Joshua, Joshua's reunion with Dora
Land Before Time- Littlefoot's mother's fate
Kingdom Hearts- all the separation
Kingdom Hearts II- all the separation and the ending
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days- Xion's fate

Last edited:

Cyan

Mortal
When Little Walter got killed in Cadillac Records made me cry manly tears