• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sceptile ish back in style <3 [UU]

PICTOshaymin-s.png

Well if it isn't the fastest subseeder around!

*KA-POW TO UBER*

NOT ANY MORE!

pkrs003.gif

The king is now back in his throne!
-----
Hallo there!

This is my most recent UU team that has been successful. Speaking of success, this team has put me on multiple win streaks, bumping me to a CRE of about 1450 on the smogon shoddy ladder. The entire team was made through spontaneous thought while editing my old team, that was themed to take advantage of absorbing abilities. I was sick of stall, so I got my fave poke sceppy to be a wall breaker, and based a team around him. The strategy is to counter the attempts at stall and offensive play and tackle the foe with brute force, which is where I got the name that is something solid, as it's a balanced team. Changes will be made in bold. Now enough intro crud, lets see the actual team amirite:

Team Tree Stump

dpmfb424.png
gby107.gif
dpffb429.png
gbs208.gif
emespr350.png
dpmfb254.png

Closer Look:

i_eteboosu.gif

Oic (Ambipom) (M) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Double Hit
- Taunt
- U-turn

Ambipom is a fantastic lead for giving me info of the opponent's team. His job is to quickly identify threats and tell me what the lead is attempting to do, even tell me what kind team it is. Technician boosted fake out takes a HUGE chunk out of the opponents, the pull off a quick taunt to prevent setup. Technician boosted double hit can also lock in a kill on leads that don't resist the attack as well. Ambipom's high speed really helps him pull off his role well, which is of course a major selling point. I chose silk scarf > life orb because ambipom often comes back to mess with setup or stall, even revenge kill. He won't usually faitn early on, and I like him to survive so the life orb recoil wasn't optimal. My only attacks bar u-turn are normal type so they are still boosted. Once he's done leading most of the time I'll u-turn to steelix so he can setup stealth rock. This spot use be persian, but ambipom does the same thing with higher attack and technician double hit.
---
i_ebiwaraa.gif

Muhammed (Hitmonchan) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat

"Kyle- Use of hitmonchan gets a +5"

Hitmonchan is really a champ. Physical attacking prowess and revenge killing backed up by a 508 attack stat. Chan usually hits hard enough with his attacks that, even when resisted, you'll still take heavy damage. There's not much to explain about him, he's really just the brute physical attacking force the team needed. I chose Chan over hitmonlee for iron fist and his punching arsenal. Thunder and ice punch give me pseudo boltbeam for coverage, mach punch gives priority to make up for abysmal speed and revenge kill. Close combat deals heavy damage, period. STAB boosts on the last 2 moves make him that much more deadly.
---
i_muumaaji.gif

Mis (Mismagius) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Mismagius pretty much does the exact same thing hitmonchan does, but attacks from the special side of the spectrum. She also simultaneously acts as a spin blocker, although keeping the rocks up isn't an absolute necessity. She can easily handle the typical spinners like claydol, and even though donphan won't be a OHKO she'll beat them in the long run. For some reason people like to switch in their spiritomb on her, thinking it can take the beating and eventually beat her. Most people don't expect her, nor do they expect the raw prowess her attacks possess. I get nice satisfaction when I trick my specs onto chansey, spiritomb or donphan as well. Attacks are self explanatory really. I'm considering HP ground as fighting forces me to have an imperfect speed stat, and so I won't win against other timid 252's. Still, fighting gives me infamous coverage with shadow ball. Mismagius has higher speed and SpA than rotom, and although I miss out on STAB T-bolt, the speed was really the selling point.
---
i_haganeeru.gif

Diamond (Steelix) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/122 Def/136 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Steelix has been on most of my teams recently. He has a useful resistance to toxic and thunder wave, and shrugs off many physical attacks so that leftovers can recover the all damage taken. Most of the time he'll switch in right after ambipom to setup SR, then depending on the foe I can throw off deadly gyro balls or phaze with roar, which racks up SR damage and allows me to see what I'm up against. He goes well in tandem with milotic who can take the fire and water attacks aimed at him, and he can take the electric attacks aimed at her. He's hard to budge and will beat most other physical walls in the long run. Unfortunately he has a weakness to common attacking types found in UU. Still, he's crucial for support and gives my team defensive backbone.
---
i_mirokarosu.gif

Dazzle (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/42 Def/216 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Surf
- Sleep Talk

Lawl. It's lots of fun to switch into ANY status the opponent throws as me, especially toxic, then to rest right in their face. Once they see this sea creature go to sleep, the foe often says "Oh ****". As if it wasn't difficult enough to take down a regular milotic, resttalk milotic wins most stall wars and acts as a fantastic special wall, tank, and status absorber for the team. Milotic really refuses to budge with it's respectable Hp, high SpD and boosted Def. I chose calm over modest as attacking power wasn't needed since other team members provide it, and Calm increases her longevity. I didn't feel Def ev's were necessary since steelix will be taking physical attacks and her defense is already boosted thanks to marvel scale. Surf gives the STAB and ice beam was the best secondary attacking option. She really stops special threats like houndoom and yanmega completely cold.
---
i_jyukain.gif

Beast (Sceptile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/216 Spd/42 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- X-Scissor

I for one believe the nickname is very befitting for him, it's simple and straight to the point as well as excellently describes sceptile as a whole in one word. Beast. Although this isn't a subseeder I was glad to see my favorite poke's page on smogon redone to fit the new metagame without shaymin-s. Stall's prevalence lately calls for at least one answer, and sceptile fits that role very well. With a life orb and well rounded stats, sceptile hits hard from both sides of the spectrum to rid of walls like slowbro and chansey who are often seen in tandem with each other. Leaf storm pretty much guarantees at least 1 KO because of it's enormous power backed up by stab. Many people switch in their special walls thinking he's already sufficiently weakened, I'll switch and they can begin their plan. Instead, the get hit in the face with X-Scissor or earthquake. 216 Spd ev's hit a jump point and allow me to outspeed all base 115's. The star of the team, and an excellent mixed sweeper.
---

Well, that's my team. I'm open to all suggestions, but I would like it to stay as balanced as possible. Have fun rating, and I hope you enjoyed my RMT!
:)

Last edited:

venra77

Wifi battler
ambipom Fire punch or brick break for taunt Stab techinan double hit w/ a silk scarf and a fake out kills anything
Hitmonchans fine
mismagius wants a life orb take out trick and put calm mind or energy ball and i u might want charge beam over t bolt for the special attack boost
Steelix change roar for explosion for a low hp ditcher
milotics fine
Sceptile wants choice specs
Dragon pulse over Eq and hp fire over x scissors

ambipom Fire punch or brick break for taunt Stab techinan double hit w/ a silk scarf and a fake out kills anything
Hitmonchans fine
mismagius wants a life orb take out trick and put calm mind or energy ball and i u might want charge beam over t bolt for the special attack boost
milotics fine

lol

I'll get to rate this team when I cbf to :3

Hitmonchans fine
milotics fine

Taunt is like the crux on ambipom's set. Leads like registeel wont be ko'd by brick break or fire punch anyway and I don't have a spinner. Taunt is also useful later in the game to prevent setup sweepers. I'd really prefer to keep specs on missy. She really cripples walls with trick and she poses an immediate threat to the foe. I'd consider explosion but I prefer steelix to live for a while, he's usually too slow to pull off explosion anyway as well and roar is good for phazing and my only answer to baton pass teams. Sceptile needs to be mixed as it's suppose to break walls and mess up stall.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Last edited:
Nice team, I only can give you few suggestions to think about.

I ran my own kind of hitmonchan, one that did suprisingly well
i_ebiwaraa.gif

Hitmonchan(M) @ Choice scarf
- Drain punch
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

I ran this set for some reasons, the main one being type coverage. Mach punch is not really strong when you are using choice scarf. However Drain Punch was effective. I first used Hitmonchan so that he could kill an opponent with supereffective attack from thunder/ice/fire punches. Then, later into the game, i would use drain punch. As you outspeed a lot of enemies (especially in uu) and still get hp from a punch, so you can take on the attack. And this would repeat until they got ko'ed (you shouldnt use this early on, only when you still know what is coming/got rid of all the ghosts). I'm not saying that this is the best Hitmonchan set there is, but its fun to use so maybe you could try it out.

I also suggest Dragon Pulse on Milotic, because you are already running an ice attack on hitmonchan. And dragon pulse + surf is only resisted by shedninja and empoleon.

Nice team, I only can give you few suggestions to think about.

I ran my own kind of hitmonchan, one that did suprisingly well
i_ebiwaraa.gif

Hitmonchan(M) @ Choice scarf
- Drain punch
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

I ran this set for some reasons, the main one being type coverage. Mach punch is not really strong when you are using choice scarf. However Drain Punch was effective. I first used Hitmonchan so that he could kill an opponent with supereffective attack from thunder/ice/fire punches. Then, later into the game, i would use drain punch. As you outspeed a lot of enemies (especially in uu) and still get hp from a punch, so you can take on the attack. And this would repeat until they got ko'ed (you shouldnt use this early on, only when you still know what is coming/got rid of all the ghosts). I'm not saying that this is the best Hitmonchan set there is, but its fun to use so maybe you could try it out.

I also suggest Dragon Pulse on Milotic, because you are already running an ice attack on hitmonchan. And dragon pulse + surf is only resisted by shedninja and empoleon.

Thanks for the suggestions. TBH I never really knew milotic can learn dragon pulse, I'll change it immediately. I like that hitonchan set, so I'll try it out. It's a better revenge killer rather than just using mach punch, and I like the idea of drain punch as milotic is the only one who can heal herself. I'll lose some power, but I'll test to see how it goes.

Lazabeam

Heads moar Sub Focus punch Chan (chew)

Terry. T.

One and Only...
PICTOshaymin-s.png

Well if it isn't the fastest subseeder around!

*KA-POW TO UBER*

NOT ANY MORE!

pkrs003.gif

The king is now back in his throne!
-----
Hallo there!

This is my most recent UU team that has been successful. Speaking of success, this team has put me on multiple win streaks, bumping me to a CRE of about 1450 on the smogon shoddy ladder. The entire team was made through spontaneous thought while editing my old team, that was themed to take advantage of absorbing abilities. I was sick of stall, so I got my fave poke sceppy to be a wall breaker, and based a team around him. The strategy is to counter the attempts at stall and offensive play and tackle the foe with brute force, which is where I got the name that is something solid, as it's a balanced team. Changes will be made in bold. Now enough intro crud, lets see the actual team amirite:

Team Tree Stump

dpmfb424.png
gby107.gif
dpffb429.png
gbs208.gif
emespr350.png
dpmfb254.png

Closer Look:

i_eteboosu.gif

Oic (Ambipom) (M) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Double Hit
- Taunt
- U-turn

Ambipom is a fantastic lead for giving me info of the opponent's team. His job is to quickly identify threats and tell me what the lead is attempting to do, even tell me what kind team it is. Technician boosted fake out takes a HUGE chunk out of the opponents, the pull off a quick taunt to prevent setup. Technician boosted double hit can also lock in a kill on leads that don't resist the attack as well. Ambipom's high speed really helps him pull off his role well, which is of course a major selling point. I chose silk scarf > life orb because ambipom often comes back to mess with setup or stall, even revenge kill. He won't usually faitn early on, and I like him to survive so the life orb recoil wasn't optimal. My only attacks bar u-turn are normal type so they are still boosted. Once he's done leading most of the time I'll u-turn to steelix so he can setup stealth rock. This spot use be persian, but ambipom does the same thing with higher attack and technician double hit.
---
i_ebiwaraa.gif

Muhammed (Hitmonchan) (M) @ Choice Band
- Sky Uppercut
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

"Kyle- Use of hitmonchan gets a +5"

Hitmonchan is really a champ. Physical attacking prowess and revenge killing backed up by a 508 attack stat. Chan usually hits hard enough with his attacks that, even when resisted, you'll still take heavy damage. There's not much to explain about him, he's really just the brute physical attacking force the team needed. I chose Chan over hitmonlee for iron fist and his punching arsenal. Thunder and ice punch give me pseudo boltbeam for coverage, mach punch gives priority to make up for abysmal speed and revenge kill. Close combat deals heavy damage, period. STAB boosts on the last 2 moves make him that much more deadly.
---
i_muumaaji.gif

Mis (Mismagius) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Mismagius pretty much does the exact same thing hitmonchan does, but attacks from the special side of the spectrum. She also simultaneously acts as a spin blocker, although keeping the rocks up isn't an absolute necessity. She can easily handle the typical spinners like claydol, and even though donphan won't be a OHKO she'll beat them in the long run. For some reason people like to switch in their spiritomb on her, thinking it can take the beating and eventually beat her. Most people don't expect her, nor do they expect the raw prowess her attacks possess. I get nice satisfaction when I trick my specs onto chansey, spiritomb or donphan as well. Attacks are self explanatory really. I'm considering HP ground as fighting forces me to have an imperfect speed stat, and so I won't win against other timid 252's. Still, fighting gives me infamous coverage with shadow ball. Mismagius has higher speed and SpA than rotom, and although I miss out on STAB T-bolt, the speed was really the selling point.
---
i_haganeeru.gif

Diamond (Steelix) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/122 Def/136 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake/Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball/Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Steelix has been on most of my teams recently. He has a useful resistance to toxic and thunder wave, and shrugs off many physical attacks so that leftovers can recover the all damage taken. Most of the time he'll switch in right after ambipom to setup SR, then depending on the foe I can throw off deadly gyro balls or phaze with roar, which racks up SR damage and allows me to see what I'm up against. He goes well in tandem with milotic who can take the fire and water attacks aimed at him, and he can take the electric attacks aimed at her. He's hard to budge and will beat most other physical walls in the long run. Unfortunately he has a weakness to common attacking types found in UU. Still, he's crucial for support and gives my team defensive backbone.
---
i_mirokarosu.gif

Dazzle (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 SpA/42 Def/216 HP
Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Hypnosis
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Lawl. It's lots of fun to switch into ANY status the opponent throws as me, especially toxic, then to rest right in their face. Once they see this sea creature go to sleep, the foe often says "Oh ****". As if it wasn't difficult enough to take down a regular milotic, resttalk milotic wins most stall wars and acts as a fantastic special wall, tank, and status absorber for the team. Milotic really refuses to budge with it's respectable Hp, high SpD and boosted Def. I chose calm over modest as attacking power wasn't needed since other team members provide it, and Calm increases her longevity. I didn't feel Def ev's were necessary since steelix will be taking physical attacks and her defense is already boosted thanks to marvel scale. Surf gives the STAB and ice beam was the best secondary attacking option. She really stops special threats like houndoom and yanmega completely cold.
---
i_jyukain.gif

Beast (Sceptile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk/216 Spd/42 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- X-Scissor

I for one believe the nickname is very befitting for him, it's simple and straight to the point as well as excellently describes sceptile as a whole in one word. Beast. Although this isn't a subseeder I was glad to see my favorite poke's page on smogon redone to fit the new metagame without shaymin-s. Stall's prevalence lately calls for at least one answer, and sceptile fits that role very well. With a life orb and well rounded stats, sceptile hits hard from both sides of the spectrum to rid of walls like slowbro and chansey who are often seen in tandem with each other. Leaf storm pretty much guarantees at least 1 KO because of it's enormous power backed up by stab. Many people switch in their special walls thinking he's already sufficiently weakened, I'll switch and they can begin their plan. Instead, the get hit in the face with X-Scissor or earthquake. 216 Spd ev's hit a jump point and allow me to outspeed all base 115's. The star of the team, and an excellent mixed sweeper.
---

Well, that's my team. I'm open to all suggestions, but I would like it to stay as balanced as possible. Have fun rating, and I hope you enjoyed my RMT!
:)

Changes in bold.

I'll try out muscle band. I never really gave it thought, but I'll see if 10% power loss on fake out and double hit makes a difference. I need mach punch ATM for revenge killing and for general priority, although I'm still testing kentucky fried torchic's set. I like the STAB provided by gyro ball and explosion, and I can't really find how stone edge would improve my coverage. Status is not needed, my team already hits hard enough. As far as I know, milotic doesn't learn calm mind either.....

Thanks for the suggestions =\

Godzilla

Banned
Muscle band is bad. No.

Milotic doesn't learn CM. Sky uppercut has bad accuracy for such a weak-ish move and Kentuckyfriedtorchic's or atomics set was already better then that one.

Since it's a sleeptalk milotic you want 252 HP not 252 sp atk. 216 HP is a no, where are you getting this from? you aren't even reasoning why something is better when you suggest it on a team. Toxic on steelix is not needed, neither is stone edge.

Atomic run a 0 speed iv for gyro ball to do moar damage.

Last edited:

TheSykes16

Syksies Forev
Haha I like your Hitmochan xD

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
Pretty good team, and I really can't find something wrong with it *thats a first*

However, I do notice that Ghosts type really will take the toll on your pokemon. Ambipom can not scout their team, and Hitmonochan, your main physical sweeper, is down.

Maybe change Misgamius for Spiritbomb or Weavile/Tryanitar?

Think about it and I'll help you with the movesets and everything. Pretty good team, though. Good job.

Godzilla

Banned
Pretty good team, and I really can't find something wrong with it *thats a first*

However, I do notice that Ghosts type really will take the toll on your pokemon. Ambipom can not scout their team, and Hitmonochan, your main physical sweeper, is down.

Maybe change Misgamius for Spiritbomb or Weavile/Tryanitar?

Think about it and I'll help you with the movesets and everything. Pretty good team, though. Good job.

wat. This is an UU team. Meaning no weavile/ttar and ghosts do not have fun with his team. Mismagius deals with them/so does hitmontop/so does sceptile. There aren't many ghosts in UU either.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
wat. This is an UU team. Meaning no weavile/ttar and ghosts do not have fun with his team. Mismagius deals with them/so does hitmontop/so does sceptile. There aren't many ghosts in UU either.

****** I didn't know that Ampbipom moved to UU UGH! I always research about the Poke's before listing them, so Im so sorry I forgot. Thank you Godzilla.

Though I disagree with you on one thing - the Ghosts. Sableye, Spiritbomb, Drifblim, Shedjina, and Rotom are in UU. That's not a little. And, plus, they can just get Crawdaunt, Cactrune, Houndoom (my personal fav), or another Dark Type.

The reason I was suggesting Spiritbomb was that Misgamius still won't take a Shadow Punch or even a choice specs shadowball well. But Spiribomb is bulky, and can take these well espically with Pain Split.

Thanks once again. ;292; ;292;

Godzilla

Banned
****** I didn't know that Ampbipom moved to UU UGH! I always research about the Poke's before listing them, so Im so sorry I forgot. Thank you Godzilla.

Though I disagree with you on one thing - the Ghosts. Sableye, Spiritbomb, Drifblim, Shedjina, and Rotom are in UU. That's not a little. And, plus, they can just get Crawdaunt, Cactrune, Houndoom (my personal fav), or another Dark Type.

The reason I was suggesting Spiritbomb was that Misgamius still won't take a Shadow Punch or even a choice specs shadowball well. But Spiribomb is bulky, and can take these well espically with Pain Split.

Thanks once again. ;292; ;292;
Sableye isn't really a threat as it's outclassed by spiritomb and only seen in NU. Drifblim is usually used for stall/baton passing/etc not really as an all out sweeper/anything that could pose a threat. Only thing he would have to worry about is rotom who can be taken out by other means. Shedinja isn't a threat.

Oh and please don't make the if x is gone then y is weak argument when rating teams; doesn't work. (Regarded to your if hitmonchan is gone argument)

Yes I already run 0 speed IV for max gyro ball damage. I'll also stick to silk scarf.

Ghosts aren't a huge threat. Missy 2HKO's most spiritomb she's come across. TBH every ghost I've type in UU or NU WILL take heavy damage from STAB choice specs shadow ball. I chose missy because she is faster than most of the other ones and generally more powerful. No one can take repeated hits from rotom actually, mismagius only serves as a check. Dark types depend. Most of the ones you mentioned elementer have dual typing who have extra weaknesses that will be exploited.

Thanks for the rates so far.