• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

school in pokemon

bioteddy

It's shown that there is schooling in their world, my guess is that they only get about a year off (provided they're accepted for a trainers license) to take part in the league. some who do exceptionally well for themselves might drop out to pursue careers as professional trainers. some amongst these would end up going nowhere with their lives, sadly. as for pursuing a career having retired from training, well, in a world where people have developed the kind of reliance on Pokemon as we have on electricity, being a high class trainer probably looks pretty good on a resume.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
In the electric tale of pikachu they explain it. when a child turns 10 they are given a break from school (a month I think) and from their if they are not able to last long out their they return to school.

thank you for making me want to live in the pokemon world evan more

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I guess if you want to becoa trainer you go to a trainer school where you only learn about Pokemon, and you graduate at ten. If you don't want to become a trainer, you go to a regular school, (elementary, middle, high, college).

KingBravest

In the electric tale of pikachu they explain it. when a child turns 10 they are given a break from school (a month I think) and from their if they are not able to last long out their they return to school.

This makes the most sense ive seen. i bet before 10 they learn the basics (but not well sense in the sinnoh darkrai movie ash struggled with basic math though dawn helped him] and then they and their parent say decide if the trainor path is the right path. i know in black and white they are older but ill chop that up to their parents not aproving of it like most other game and anime parents wouldn't think twice about giving the ok. i think the mom in bw initiated the profesor giving them a starter poke which is said in the game probably cause she changed her mind and saw it only natural in that world and probably felt guilty holding her kid back, she didn't even care about messed up room. it seems biancas dad didn't give the ok her mom did thats why hes mad at the games begin

KingBravest

as for money battling is your job and you better not stop without a backup plan like stored money or off the government. just like any other job. oh and trainor school seems closer to camp to me the students usually young and your rival or friend always acts like they haven't learned the material on the bored and ask you to read it

Last edited:

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
There is a school in Pokemon but you probably need 2-3 years of study on that. Somehow I doubt that.
Maybe Ash went to school when he was 7 or 8.

In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia you go to school at the beginning of the game.
Looks like they finish their education in 1 year.

Gigastrike

There is no public school in the Pokemon world. There are only expensive private schools.

/snipped for irrelevence to my point

I just can't stop looking at your avatar. I'm sorry.

I'm really not sure how advanced their pokemon majors are. Didn't the professor in G/S/C find it "fascinating" to learn that pokemon are born from eggs? Surely someone would have noticed that little detail before a ten-year old boy came along.

I'm pretty sure they retconned it in HGSS. Now instead of Elm looking like an idiot for not knowing how Pokémon are born, we get Elm making Mr. Pokémon sound like a raving lunatic. Which he could very well be.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Duh. Every ten year old in the world ditches schooll evryday and nobody cares. How did you not know this?
There is a school in Pokemon but you probably need 2-3 years of study on that. Somehow I doubt that.
Maybe Ash went to school when he was 7 or 8.

In Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia you go to school at the beginning of the game.
Looks like they finish their education in 1 year.

Thats called Trade School, which only takes a year.

KingBravest

............... no one is gonna take account for what i said it seems the most logical to me but tell me if there holes in it

poizonsting

Pokemon master
They're spoiling the little kids.

Maybe kids just go to school for 5 years instead of 11-12 like IRL. Everything revolves around pokemon anyway so there's no need for the advanced stuff.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
No one gives a **** about education when they can kickass others with their Pokemon and steal their money.

Exactly, no point going to school when I know I could of popped into my back garden in the morning, catch a Caterpie and evolve it into Butterfree before breakfast and run amok with it. Oh the possibilities...

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Who needs school when we can mug other trainers? Super Effective FTW.

KingBravest

Well we all know you can own a pokemon at any age due to the preschoolers in the games and in anime alot of kids with them its just I guess your full fledged journey and support from your town prefessor isnt give to you till the year of or following your birthday depending your birthday monh. Almia is rulled out I believe since they seem to always have known they wanted to be a ranger and probably came from a family of them or who supported them much

Arbok4Ever

The Pokemon professors send all 10-year olds on a journey and let them stop school so those trainers will all stay dumbasses and the profs would stay the smartest Poke-people.