• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

School Rules You Hate!

VS

they/she
No water drinking in class

rocky505

cops told one of my friends not to go to school because of some BS restraint he got for no reason. Some idiotic family attacked his mother and the boy our age(18) stomped on her head but for some reason my friend gets in trouble instead of them(because their cousin is a cop, however he works for a different city)

Now that is a BS rule.

PokemonTrainerKaden

No intercourse in the bathrooms... jkjkjk

But anyway I hate that my school doesn't let us have our phones at all. Not even in our pockets. My random buddy got detention for having his phone off and in his pocket. I can understand not having them in class but in the halls and at lunch? Just a little bit excessive to in my opinion.

PokemonTrainerKaden

1) Slight distraction.
2) Chance of spillage.

Same with the hot girls though.

Theres also a rule about shoes at my school. Id rather not go into detail about it.

3lmi

pimping aint easy
========

Very hard... Plus I already am dealing with an even worse undiagnosed condition that is progressively shutting down several of my body systems.

I'm stuck dying from it, I cannot go to a doctor being as financially strapped as I already am. *Hence the caption by my name.

Really D;. I hope that one day everything will work out for you in the end.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
My new superintendent is enforcing a new rule where no one is allowed to wear any form of hat at all on campus or else it will be confiscated. It's pretty BS and pointless since before we could wear hats, but not in the building.

Ihakasa

Entertain me.
I dunno... my school doesn't have super bad rules.
We can use cellphones in school now, but using them in class is up to the specific teacher (Like state laws vs federal laws) but honestly it's pretty annoying because everyone walks slower and you bump into more people.
I don't wear hats so that doesnt affect me at all
We don't have sodas with sugar (Or anything really, diet sodas and vitamin water 0) but it's still nbd since the vending machines are 1.25 and I never carry change.
The computer blocking is kind of annoying since if a teacher wants to go on a site for the period with everyone and it ends up being blocked the teacher just rants.

... Errr... o_o;

OH. No exemptions from local exams! Omg somad. I have 9 classes this year which equates to 9 exams. But that's a new policy of NYS because AMERICA B GETTIN DUMMER...
I just wish I knew last year so i didn't pick so many half year classes :/

OH. No exemptions from local exams! Omg somad. I have 9 classes this year which equates to 9 exams. But that's a new policy of NYS because AMERICA B GETTIN DUMMER...
I just wish I knew last year so i didn't pick so many half year classes :/

Sorry, but what? I'm so freaking lost here. How in any way would not being exempt from exams because of the amount of classes be an unfair thing? You could have inquired as to what you'll have to do for each class at the end of the year or just drop the class as it is. Sure, exemptions mean you could be lazier (wouldn't we all love the luxury) but in a college setting, assuming you're going of course, you wouldn't be able to argue this for a freaking second. Not to mention, giving you the freedom to choose whether or not to take exams makes for a bad teaching of work ethic. I mean, exams suck but that doesn't mean it's unfair. Never write a check you know you can't cash.

Also it's not as if NYS is helping by giving these tests anyway. Albany is forcing teachers to teach kids how to take a test, not actually teach the subject. It's quite sad, really since there's so much to learn about the world around us.

Other than the problems that arise in making the classes boring due to teaching to a test, I think that people should hold value in vocational jobs like plumbing, carpentry and being an electrician. Kids are failing tests because they just plain aren't cut out for the jobs people say they should have. It's really annoying to me to see people all having to shoehorn themselves into college when they're mentally and physically more built for a blue-collar job. (My dad's a carpenter and a firefighter. I find nothing wrong with either profession though I know they're not meant for me.)

Last edited:

The Arceus Delusion

In Arceus We Trust
Never really was bothered by school rules. No cellphone, hats, soda, chewing gum? Eh, I can deal with that. I could also handle wearing the shitty uniform, too.

It's not really a rule, but I always hated mandatory class participation. I have a pretty extreme case of social anxiety, so it was rather difficult--and pretty embarrassing--for me to speak infront of the class.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I can't think of any school rules off of the top of my head, though I do not like it when they write down a rule yet do not enforce it.
(Relating to some of the previous posts, I live in New York too.)

3lmi

pimping aint easy
Nudity is not allowed. What's up with that? My old school in Somalia allowed it. They also don't let us wear boots on Tuesdays.

Somalia is a muslim country, so they would wear traditional clothing (long robes+hijabs) to school.

Nice try.

4de_92

no cellphones,no ipod or mp3,no drinking water( is an importan resource), go formal for exams,don't wear shorts,skirts

They do have reasons for most rules. The only one that ever really bugged me was no gum.

At the high school i'm going to in September 2012 has 3 dumb rules that i know of so far.
Your not allowed talking about or drawing anything that has to due with South Park otherwise you get suspended from school for 7 days, sure South Park is a older teen/adult show but this is a high school for god's sake.
The second rule is Your not allowed talking about Pokemon because they think it plays a bad role model on teens.
No soda, well i brought 7-up in my middle school so i can do the same in 2012.

In January we might be getting school uniforms at my middle school. o_o'' The made a new rule at my school because of this dumb class ahead of ours, no gum is allowed anymore.

Last edited:

Inocain

Z.O.U.T.
My new superintendent is enforcing a new rule where no one is allowed to wear any form of hat at all on campus or else it will be confiscated.

There goes the baseball team. Helmets must be confiscated! Oh, and football and lacrosse as well. And softball too while I'm at it.

Anywho, my school (on a somewhat related note) decided to entirely revamp the schedule based entirely on outside research, with no student or teacher say at all. We're a Quaker school, and the process made no sense knowing that. And the changes entirely wrecked how our school day works. Yay politics!