• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

School Rules You Hate!

snare

DEATH STARE.
My college residence doesn't allow us to have house plants.

When you're in school for botany/horticulture. This is death.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I don't remember there being too many rules when I was in high school. Pretty standard rules of: No cell phones in class (although some teachers were more lax about it) No being disruptive during class, etc. But for the most part it was pretty chill. Being in a small rural town where everybody knows each other makes for a pretty close knit and friendly environment. And the culture being a mix of hippies and environmentalists/country folk/middle class/hispanics makes for a very interesting place to live. Generally there was no hostility. I think we may have had about one fight a year. Teachers were pretty good, none of them were particularly strict or demanding. I'm honestly glad that high school was actually a fairly decent time for me. Generally people talk about how horrible public schools are. And I think mine could of been better. But it was decent to say the least.

Last edited:

Spookz

Lumos
My college residence doesn't allow us to have house plants.

When you're in school for botany/horticulture. This is death.
Okay, now that I think about it there were some silly rules targeted for residents.

We weren't allowed to have matches or lighters, candles or incense for instance.
My roommates and I switched out the provided shower curtain for one we bought (we were in an on-campus apartment) and they made us switch back.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
No gum allowed MY A%*! I chew gum alot so this is crappy. Not to mention, who even sticks gum on stuff anymore anyway? -_-

DooblyDooHaxorus

Sometimes On.....
Oooohhh!!!!! I like this thread.

Let's see,

1. If your shirt goes below your back pockets, it has to be tucked in
2. No "Inappropriate Public Display Of Affection." I can't even friend-hug my friends who are girls.
3. No electronic devices. Nuff' said.
4. No drinks besides: Water, Flavored Water, or Gatorade, yet the teachers have things like Coke, Monster, Sprite, Sweet Tea, Green Tea, etc.
5. No cursing. Okay, I know we shouldn't use it to insult or make fun of our peers or teachers, but why can't we just say "What the hell?" or just plain "****." if we make a mistake?
6.P.E. uniforms. Gray t-shirt, black gym shorts. Why does it matter?
7. No bullying. Now wait. I'm not a bully. I'm saying this because I have been bullied. A ton. Now, my school emphasizes on no bullying a ton. But then, it takes them a month and a half to deal with it, and they ignore it most of the time it happens!

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Oooohhh!!!!! I like this thread.

Let's see,

1. If your shirt goes below your back pockets, it has to be tucked in
2. No "Inappropriate Public Display Of Affection." I can't even friend-hug my friends who are girls.
3. No electronic devices. Nuff' said.
4. No drinks besides: Water, Flavored Water, or Gatorade, yet the teachers have things like Coke, Monster, Sprite, Sweet Tea, Green Tea, etc.
5. No cursing. Okay, I know we shouldn't use it to insult or make fun of our peers or teachers, but why can't we just say "What the hell?" or just plain "****." if we make a mistake?
6.P.E. uniforms. Gray t-shirt, black gym shorts. Why does it matter?
7. No bullying. Now wait. I'm not a bully. I'm saying this because I have been bullied. A ton. Now, my school emphasizes on no bullying a ton. But then, it takes them a month and a half to deal with it, and they ignore it most of the time it happens!

Your school life must suck.

tyranitar51

(Sorta) Back
Mine is the dress code policy >_> no sagging pants red,white,black under shirt no studded belts and no hanging out accesories like chains,(for girls) hoop earrings,etc

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The only problem I have is the uniforms, they're so uncomfortable but that's about it. I honestly don't mind the fact that when I was in high school were the fact that you can't pull up a chair to the side of a table which isn't that bad in the cafeteria and that your bag had to stay in your locker. There were the rent-a-cops in the school though, I despised them! They're too busy picking on little things such as uniform, food, cell phones, and chair position while they avoided some of the more serious things such as people smoking indoors and others having dangerous objects (such as lighters) in the open.

Luckily I'm going to university in the fall so I won't have to worry about this stuff.

I have almost no problem with my school, it's one of my last years of school so I have pretty much freedom.
However, lunch is only 15 minutes long :/

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I hate the rule that if someone goes into a mad cursing fit, they get in trouble, yet the person that agitated them in the first place gets by with not even a slap on the wrist.

God I hated high school.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
Not that it affects me being a boy, but our school banned flowers in peoples hair. really?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Oh yeah, I also hate that rule that makes you sit in the corner on a room in a desk if you cut a piece of paper.

God I hated Intermediate School.

To be a little more serious (although that really happened), I hated the stupid BS rule that you couldn't read books above your reading level. Why don't they let kids challenge themselves?

Razor Xtreme

I'm happy with most rules in my school, hell people here curse and make out and grab-*** out in the quad half the time and they don't get in trouble, although sometimes teachers tell them to "move along people..".

The only rule I will always hate is the no electronics rule, we cant even use our phones in the bathroom during lunch or passing period! I hate the rule in total, I believe we should be able to use whatever we want as long as we finish all our work and dont use em when the teacher is teaching. Heck, when people listen to their Ipod's while doing work, that keeps them DOING THEIR WORK. I talk a lot, and sometimes that keeps me from doing my work, but the days that we're allowed to use iPods/MP3's in class, those are the days I do all my work without interruption, because then I can't talk. Why can't we listen to our MP3s/Ipods if we're doing our work? Would they prefer us talk rather than listen to our music? I just think that rule is ridiculous overall.

Inocain

Z.O.U.T.
The one rule that doesn't make sense at my school is the new policy of "You have to fill out a form in order to excuse your absence". What the hell happened to the idea of trusting someone's word?

Also, on a related but unrelated note, I effing hate the effing filtering type items that the administration place on internet access. It takes Tor to really work well, and it slows down the connection 100-fold. For the love of all things fun. Think before you do something Absol-utetly idiotic. (the Pokemon pun was too good to pass up)

These things aside, our rules make sense. If only our government was run on Quaker principles.

PokemonTrainerKaden

PDA. I have to sneek around just to kiss my Girlfriend.

My skool doesnt allow vidieo games like pokemon and mario >: [