• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

School Rules You Hate!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Woah this topic has alot of posts, thanks for all your replies! :D
My 16 year old friend's school is strange. heres the rules he told me:
1. No Tamagotchis, including Pokewalkers because a Pokewalker is kinda like a tamagotchi but unlike a tamagotchi you can turn the sound down. my friend had his Pokewalker taken from the teacher, then the Teacher never gave it back to him.
2. Only grade 9's are allowed on the swing sets. they don't give a reason -__-
3. No PSP's allowed, Yet Nintendo Handhelds are allowed.
4. If you go on the swings and your not in grade 9, you get sent home early.
5. People who are Pregnant aren't allowed to be in the school because they think Pregnant people are a bad influence.
6. No hockey sticks are allowed in the school because it counts as a weapon but it's a Canadian school, hockey is our national sport!
now i'm afraid of going to that school when i go to grade 9. o_o

Now this is terrible.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
Oh man. That sounds torturous. One of the other HS's do that. A, B days, IDs...it's because their extremely overpopulated. There were 20+ buses to pick kids up in. o_O

That's pretty much us. Wwe have so many buses it's ridiculous. There are like 700+ kids at my school :p

Exactly how it was at my former high school too. There were over 2,500 students, 763 in my graduating class alone. Though I liked the A/B day set-up because I didn't go to the same classes every single day.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
WE can only have water, as the teachers slurp their Pepsis. :mad:
NO running in the halls. (so I full out sprint.)
No bathroom without the pass, which are always missing so we have to sprint to the bathroom at lunch, if you have to go after lunch, you're outta luck.
No gum. Thus, everyone has gum
No cell phones. This was made after a kid prank called a gun store 4 times from a classroom in full view of the sub. Right next to me.

Yeah and no shor shorts, or you have to stay inside at recess and write "i will not wear short shorts to school" 100 times.

I say, happy to being moved up to the ridge this year so rules are a lot better this year.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Why would you be looking at a man's genitalia if you weren't gay?

When they're hanging out it's kind of hard not to look.

And I can't stop laughing at how you bright politics into the argument. Politics have NOTHING to do with the way you dress in school or at work.

MonkeyX

My middle school was completely anti-cellphone. I had to text my mom at lunch once to talk about getting picked up and I got yelled at by a lunch monitor who threatened to take my phone if I didn't put it away, so I finished texting her in the bathroom.

Once I saw a kid at lunch get yelled at for texting........ on an ipod. He had to explain to the monitor that it was an ipod and you can't text people with it, because the monitor tried to take it.

havoc37

Banned
When they're hanging out it's kind of hard not to look.

And I can't stop laughing at how you bright politics into the argument. Politics have NOTHING to do with the way you dress in school or at work.

School uniforms are a very political issue however, just as almost everything that has to do with educational rules.

And sorry, I had to

Peter Quill

star-lord
You know I think I'd appreciate ID cards with my school now.

The amount of kids that come in around town at lunch hour just to start fights is sort of ridiculous tbh.

zandgaia

*Gasp* He's back!
my school's pretty cool compared to others :3

No dresscode, even (apparently) ****ty outfits are allowed, but you'll get funny looks and be set back by teachers (it happens)
No drinking (I need to drink 2.5 liters a day >.>; dang that 15 minute breaks)
No High-classes (4th-5th) with the Low-classes (1 to 3th), school system is diff. where I live but this is a weird rule: no contact is allowed between the higher classes (those that are preparing for end-tests) and the lower classes. Not that's it checked or anything.

Though not a rule, due to an accident all lockers are monthly checked, I lost several items and my gum first time. I know better and rather dump books in them, see if they take that away :mad:

Weirdest rule: in the learn rooms, you are not allowed to leave the room, but you can do whatever you want. I mean come on >.<;

Ang3l

The school I went to had 3 sections. One for years 7-10, one for the senior years (11-12) and another for TAFE students. Juniors couldn't talk to seniors OR TAFE students and seniors couldn't talk to TAFE people. We also had no bell because every section had different lunch break times and apparently a bell would disrupt the people not having lunch yet. Here are some rules we had that I thought were weird:

1. We weren't allowed wear blue jeans to school even though our uniform was blue pants
2. We weren't allowed to have fizzy drink or brand packaged chocolates, but they sold them at our canteen
3. Girls weren't allowed wear skirts for sport (which makes sense), but skirts were written in as part of the sport uniform in the uniform booklet
4. We were allowed to have mobile phones in case of emergencies, but only if we handed them in to the principal at the start of the day and picked them up at the end

There's also one other thing that bothered me about the school.....the boys and girls change rooms were right next to each other, which isnt that bad, but there are mirrors on certain walls inside and you could see people in the mirrors from the door. So essentially if I wanted to see a naked guy/girl all I'd have to do is stand a metre or so away from the door and look in the mirror.....I never used those change rooms =P

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I don't go to school anymore (well, I'm college now) but I do work in a school and one rule that just bugged the heck out of me is that silly bracelets aren't allowed. I don't get it either but that's just me.

I hate that we cant eat, drink or chew gum in class.

M4zz

Banned
No sex in the hallways. It's just, why?

Most likely the HB2 pencil during exams. The teachers encourage the use of pen the entire year just so we can write the final in pencil. What is this I don't even...

DrasticPhase

Half ded
Uniforms in my middle.school
you.either wear gray or black >_>
And.yet, people still wear non uniform, well under their clothes
gum even though everyone has a pack

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Not being able to use iPods in class. Jeez, I needed it to block out the stories the other girls were telling about how drunk the got on the weekend. >_>

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Our Vice Principal banned us from launching people. Basically, the stronger and bigger kids would hold a smaller kid by an arm each, as if they were helping them up, then pulled up as fast as they could. The smaller kids usually were fine, but once a smaller kid fell and chipped a tooth. I guess that's why, but screw it. My school is crazy. Not really the school, the teachers. Our rules are straight-forward and normal, but there are little things that they ban throughout the year, like banning I <3 Boobies bracelets.

EDIT: And no slip-ons, those were banned in 2008 because in kickball my friend who is a Pro Soccer Prospect kicked his shoe and a soccer ball into a construction zone at our school when it was getting re-built.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
Most likely the HB2 pencil during exams. The teachers encourage the use of pen the entire year just so we can write the final in pencil. What is this I don't even...

Generally I find pen easier to read. During finals we use pencils for the bubble sheets and teachers highly recommend that we use pen on the written booklets.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Generally I find pen easier to read. During finals we use pencils for the bubble sheets and teachers highly recommend that we use pen on the written booklets.
Same here with all my school exams - pencil was only ever for the multiple choice 'bubbles' or say if you wanted to draw a graph initially in pencil in case you made a mistake before going over it in pen.

One exam rule in my uni which always strikes me as a bit odd is that you can only have water in a clear bottle. It's not a big issue, but... do they think we're going to smuggle in the answers in a non-clear bottle and somehow access them with at least two exam supervisors in the room during the exam? =/