• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

School Rules You Hate!

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Parents had the option of signing a wavier at the beginning of any given school year. This was an contractual agreement that the teaching staff could physically repremand your child. In elementary school this was usually a paddling, with a wooden paddle, in the stairwell where everyone can hear. In High School this gave security the go-ahead to beat you into submission if the situation calls for it. If your parents did not sign the weavier security could still use " reasonable force to restrain the child ".
I remember my mom telling me how she received this when I was in elementary school, but luckily she didn't sign such stupid waiver.

As for my current school, I don't have many problems with it, except that we have to wear our IDs without the loosening of the dress code. The dress code's there for security purposes (well that's what staff said) so they could tell whose the students, but with IDs the dress code should have loosened up a bit.

Ballistic Buizel

caught shiny lati@s
I don't like that if anyone sees your phone, the security guards take it away for the whole rest of the day. If it's the second time, your parents have to pick it up.

rocky505

You play PE in Jeans? We have to Play PE in a plain T-Shirt and short shorts that show your *cough cough* if you don't stand up straight and don't have tight boxers.
I do if I have no clean gym shorts? DO you want me running around wearing nothing below the waist?

Fadhil8

The NO chewing gum rule is one of the most annoying and in my school you aren't allowed to play if you don't have a hat..

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I just wish they'd let me use my iPod during class. It'd help block out distractions from my classmates, and as long as one ear was open, I'd still be able to hear the teacher. I'd just have to make sure the volume was down low enough.

And if not during a lecture (which definitely makes sense), at least when doing the seatwork or during tests. Most people don't know the answers on the tests, so we can't really record. And then it's just nicer, being able to work with the music on (again, volume must be considerate).

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
My school is kinda strict on rules, heres all of the stupid rules my school has:
1. not allowed to Drink pepsi, yet your allowed to drink 7-up o_o
2. No hugging or kissing, holding hands is allowed but don't they know that some kid could've picked his nose then held someones hand? Gross! And you can only hold hands if your just Friends, if your in a relationship then your not allowed to hold hands on school grounds.3. No pointing at people, it's rude. (this makes me lol for some reason)
4. No wearing short storts or tank tops, because it counts as suggestive clothing and you get a 4 day out of school suspension.
5. No iPods, A "Nintendo Dual Screen Game Boy" is what they call the DS, so really no Nintendo DS system's allowed as these can connect to the internet.

thats all the dumb rules my school has, so what dumb rules does your school has?

What sort of a rule is that!? I can see why they wouldn't allow you to make out, but still, hugging is banned?

*Rant Over*

Anyways, none from ours apart from not being allowed to drink anything other than water (including juice) and Ipods being banned.

Twentington

Outta here!
The only annoying thing at my school is that you only get 20 minutes to eat lunch. Near the end, you practically have to gulp down your food.

Alex0511

What the FFFNYAAAAH?
I never understood the no hat rule. WHY CAN YOU NOT WEAR HATS GODDAMNIT!?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!?!?!?!!?!!?

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
One thing i hate is not being allowed to use school computers to go on sights like this.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
To be fair to that hugging rule, I have been in situations where I've been blocked in corridors because two friends have decided to do an impromptu hug for five minutes. That was utterly annoying back in high school.

One rule I didn't like was that I wasn't allowed to so much as smack another kid around the head without suspension, even when said kid was sexually harassing me. I decided to forego the rules, in the end.

Rave

Banned
You're not allowed to cheat. .. Oh wait..

~Lati~

Or not :/
One thing i hate is not being allowed to use school computers to go on sights like this.

You and me both. It makes sense, but it's still annoying.

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
I never understood the no hat rule. WHY CAN YOU NOT WEAR HATS GODDAMNIT!?!?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!!!?!!?!?!?!!?!!?

I don't know, maybe something about gangs?

I can't listen to my iPod in class, so I just listen on the bus. Except for one day every year, they will allow us to use our iPods in class if we give the school a dollar. Another thing I don't understand is how we can't play games/listen to music/ surf the internet/ play card games during our lunch break. I mean, it's not like it will suddenly kill our education or anything, it's lunch.

Flame Mistress

Weird how our school has practically no rules, yet is supposed to be one of the best secondary schools in England (both education-wise and food-wise).

I think the only annoying rule is that... Nah, I don't think there are any now.

ForeverFlame

Some of these schools are ridiculous. At our school, we couldn't do PDA, wear hats in class, or use cell phones in class. People did all of the above, and no one cared.

The rest was just common sense that didn't have to be addressed, like no bullying, no bringing guns to school, etc.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The one thing about my school that just despise with a passion that is. Is the fact that you can't get on youtube,facebook,or yahoo mail and its quite the dumb rule while I can see why they wouldn't allow youtube but facebook is like the place to enjoy your self I mean you can get your work done alright.

John Madden

resident policy guy
the best thing about university: the only "rules" you have to follow are the standard "no cheating" regulations along w/ every actual law ever, no one gives two shits about anything else

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Same here, and the no soft drink rule.

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
I don't know, maybe something about gangs?

I can't listen to my iPod in class, so I just listen on the bus. Except for one day every year, they will allow us to use our iPods in class if we give the school a dollar. Another thing I don't understand is how we can't play games/listen to music/ surf the internet/ play card games during our lunch break. I mean, it's not like it will suddenly kill our education or anything, it's lunch.

The hat thing is probably for security reasons. If some incident should occur, it's nigh on impossible to try and identify someone on CCTV if they're wearing a hat and therefore obscuring their facial features.

The gamey-musical-surfing thing will be because priority has to be given to students who do want to actually work. *grumbles about the amount of times she couldn't get coursework done because some year 8 numpties were taking up available computers on nothing but games*