• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

School Rules You Hate!

Dragon35

- No hair longer than your neck
- No jumpers without school blazer
- No electronic devices
- No eating in class
- No being late to school
People still posting rules that make sense and are just whining because they can't distract themselves...

Are you saying that banning hair longer than your neck makes sense?

Whaaat? Haha, I guess that rule is to prevent girls like me having crushes on those long-haired boys. :p Just kidding

My school never forbid that sort of stuff, just made the boys hair their hair tied back like the girls.

As for the masturbation thing, I've seen a sign forbidding it in the uni library. Compared to that, the shower one is tame.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Dragon35 said:
Are you saying that banning hair longer than your neck makes sense?
I'm mostly referring to the bottom 3.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
At School we weren't allowed drinks in computer rooms, which makes sense. But at University, we're allowed water but no other kind of drink. Of course we ignore this rule, but why allow water and no other drink? It's not like water isn't going to damage a keyboard if some retard spills their drink over it.

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
Why is that dumb?

The school had it were even in the lunch room you would have to use a pass to leave. I always just found it a hassle b/c other students would misuse the rule to get out of class and other people who illegitimately had to use the restroom would be forced to stay in class till the other student returned which some would never. Students would even steal the passes making it so you couldn't leave one teacher's class at all til the pass magically showed up again.
I always just found the use of passes more annoying than helping.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
At School we weren't allowed drinks in computer rooms, which makes sense. But at University, we're allowed water but no other kind of drink. Of course we ignore this rule, but why allow water and no other drink? It's not like water isn't going to damage a keyboard if some retard spills their drink over it.

Water's easier to clean if it spills on a table. If you spill it on the keyboard then it's your own fault.

shinygal

well most of u have a rule with no electronicsour school does 2 but our teacher is fine with it she says dont tell anyone and she lets us play on our phones in class

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
My old school banned grapes because a dinner lady slipped on one in the lunch room.
What was that all about?
I can't think of anyone who'd take a rule like that seriously.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
My old school banned grapes because a dinner lady slipped on one in the lunch room.
What was that all about?
I can't think of anyone who'd take a rule like that seriously.

Were bananas allowed? Because that would be hilarious if they were and grapes weren't.

xDWarrior

No sexual activites on campus if you aren't married.
If you have someone of the opposite sex in your dorm you have to check them in and leave your door cracked open.

My girlfriend and I don't follow them... but still

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Were bananas allowed? Because that would be hilarious if they were and grapes weren't.

You guessed right-I believe they banned Jelly around the same time and bananas were somehow OK(?)

They banned all the crazes,barring scooby doos(or however it's spelt)which would've been the only thing I would've banned-it was that sort of craze that made most boys cringe :(

Tamagochi,Trading Card Games,Gormiti...

But all the teachers at my primary happened to be female,so it's fairly clear that there was(and still is)a bias there!

Grey Wind

- No jumpers without school blazer
- No electronic devices
- No eating in class
- No being late to school
I really wish people would stop posting rules like this. How are any of these tough? It's just common sense. Obviously you can't be late for school, obviously you can't eat during class.

rocky505

I find it stupid a friend of mine got alternative school for a month for having an empty soda can. Thing is he was picking it up to throw away but a teacher that he was using for drugs or a spit can. Yes he dips but he never does at school.

xDWarrior

I really wish people would stop posting rules like this. How are any of these tough? It's just common sense. Obviously you can't be late for school, obviously you can't eat during class.

I've rarely had a class we weren't allowed to eat in, excluding lab because that's just not safe. Same goes for my high school.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I'm quite lucky with a couple of teachers, I can use my Ipod in class with at least two teachers...yay ^^

L

LilyAurelia

At my school we weren't allowed to eat or drink in class, listen to music or play games. At least that is what they said...

All teachers let us listen to music, there was a teacher that bought candy for the whole class, another teacher ordered fries for the class en we could play games on our calculators, the science teachers allowed that. Even heard that one of them allowed students to eat cookies and cake.

Best thing where the drawing classes where some students got us Red Bull, fries and potato chips.

So, don't know which rule to hate most ;)

Flame Mistress

Just got an e-mail from my friend, and her school rules are:
1. No holding hands/hugging/kissing unless instructed to.
2. If you enter a lesson after the bell goes off, you get a de-merit, even if it was like one second afterwards.
3. Always stand up and curtesy/bow when an important member of staff (eg. Head of Year or Headmaster) enters the room. Also do that when you pass them. If you don't do that, you get a de-merit.
4. You MUST have the correct dress code; shirt, tie, trousers/skirts, grey socks, black shoes. One thing out of place, even the tiniest crease (yes, you heard me right, crease) in your shirt means a de-merit.
5. No access to electronics, eg. mobile phones.
6. No eating/drinking unless it's break or lunch. And it MUST be in the dining hall. If you're caught eating at another time or place, it means a de-merit.
7. No going to the toilet except in break and lunch. Even if you're bursting. And if you wet yourself, you get a de-merit.
8. No hair past the shoulders. Even for girls. If you're caught with long hair you get a de-merit.
9. Most ridiculous one; no talking throughout the whole school day unless it's a question to your teacher or requesting something from the dinner hall. If you're caught talking, you get a de-merit.

Three de-merits count up to one detention. There are loads more than this, but these are the only ones I can think of at the moment...

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
^THAT is HARSH

we can't use our school laptops to play games or go on any blocked sites... but the teachers had a "talk" with us and said that we were allowed to bypass the filters during out "free time"... they don't care XD