• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scizor or Scyther with Eviolite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shotdown911

Pokemon Dealer
i can't see eviolite scyther being better than scizor at all. first up is the obvious stealth rock weakness, which kills any attempt at being bulky. next up is, despite the extra bulk, the typing is bad enough to offset it. i'd probably use scizor any day.

Agreed, If Scyther had that bug/steel typing I think it would be a different story, but it doesn't and with the Evolite you lose STAB Acrobatics and Life Orb, so it would be tough for Scyther to get anywhere other than being a good UU or NFE poke.

bean1706

After using both on random battles for a few games I can easily say that scizor is better. Scyther's just too fragile and can't take hits from big hitting pokemon such as garchomp. Plus I just sweeped their whole team with scizor so he's better :)

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
I like Choise Band Scizor, But Sword Dance evo stone scyther

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Keep the Eviolite on 'mons that can make better use of it, such as Dusclops and Chansey. Scizor is beastly enough, and although Stealth Rock isn't all that common in random battles, the heavy hitters are still to be feared.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
Scizor has a Steel typing, with only 1 weakness, which means it will still take less damage from most attacks even if his defenses aren't as high. Typing is all that matters.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
Scizor is much better also cause of Stealth Rock damage

legendarypokemonmaster

Scyther with Evolite might work in Little Cup, brcause it is killed by to many rock moves outside of Little Cup.

Infectious

<('-'<)
More than half the people in this topic act as if Rapid Spin doesn't exist. Volcarona has x4 Rock weakness, yet people use it. On sun teams, Charizard is used, even with its x4 weakness. Zapdos, Gyarados, Dragonite, Mence, and Chandelure are used, they have weakness to SR, that doesn't stop people from using them. I'm not saying scyther is superior, I'm just pointing out that rapid spin exists, and common pokes with SR weakness exist too.

Dattebayo

Banned
It's because there are other Pokemon who do things better than Scyther, even its full evolved form.

JASP01

Illust. Grand Master
I always liked the idea of using Scyther over Scizor.
Technician+Bug Bite+Aerial Ace/Acrobatics+_____ sounds good.
*However*, what you're doing sounds like a bad idea. Too many weaknesses. Scizor gains defenses, Scyther is clearly a sweep.
Still, I think more people should give Scyther a try.

RifleAvenger

See you starside
In OU, go for Scizor. Even with Evolite, Scyther is frail, and evolite takes away the items it needs to deal higher damage. Scizor's, technician boosted, STAB priority in bullet punch means that the loss of speed from Scyther doesn't matter so much.

In lower tiers, Scyther could prove very useful.

Scyther with a eviolite might make a decent bulkyish swords dancer in uu, but in standard, always use scizor over scyther

OU Ranked stats, as of April 2011
3 | Scizor | 112589 | 18.7871
153 | Scyther | 2990 | 0.4989

Enough said.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Syther. It's fast, strong, and with evolite it has good defence.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I'm just gonna ignore all these posts and give a word. Scyther is a big threat in RU, where my RU team can just barely handle it due to Claydol with SR. I can't for the life of me remember what set he used though.

But, yeah, Scyther is huge in RU.

mudkips

Awwwww Yeah!
Scyther with Evolite might work in Little Cup, brcause it is killed by to many rock moves outside of Little Cup.

too bad scyther is banned in little cup..... anyway as said scyther is awesome in RU, but in OU always use scizor

Zachmac

Scyther could make a good subsalac/subleichi. With SR around, and it's typing, I wouldn't suggest trying eviolite. Subberry doesn't care about SR, in fact, it just means you need only one substitute.

I find it annoying how Scyther, 105 speed with the flying type doesn't get acrobatics, but Scizor, 65 speed and the steel type, does.

NukeRider

Conjoined at birth
scyther will stay in uu. though with the eviolite he gets a defense boost, he loses leftovers or life orb. Scyther will become very predictable, and easy to defeat. Also, he's still x4 weak to stealth rock. No way he can claw his way into ou

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I will be using Scyther a lot now. I like Scizor but Scyther is better in both design and battling in my opinion.

SuperNUuser

Supreme NU User
Yeah yeah, Scyther has its crappy typing and the HUMONGOUS stealth rock weakness... But in my opinion, I'd use Scyther more. In the world OU, there are a bunch of fire types, wrecking my Scizor every day. With Eviolite, Scyther is superior in defenses so which mean, it's quite better in most of the stats. It's bulk may me mediocore with at least solid defenses and horrible hp, but other than speed, defense and attack, both Scyther and Scizor are equals and not counting the Evolution difference. They would rather be totally different Pokémon like Pinsir and Heracross than be an evolution line.
However, in the world of UU, RU and NU, Rock Types are abundant but my Scyther survived a whooping Rock Slide from an Aggron. Scizor can also survive it's greatest weakness with Iron Defense, Substitude and other defensive support moves its movepool can offer. So, both Pokémon are equals in terms of stats and since Scizor has only one weakness which is a HUGE one while Scyther has over a trillion weaknesses, I'd say I recommend Scizor but I still like Scyther more. Hey! It's my opinion so don't take me too seriously!

Status
Not open for further replies.