• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scizor or Steelix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faiq

i need advice on which one would suite my team more

charizard
gengar
Raikou
crawdaunt
Dragonite
steelix/scizor

Last edited:

blaziken05

We need moves and natures and so on. But just looking at this, I'd imagine that you want a wall, like Steelix.

Lathspell

Go for Steelix, because you don't have any kind of tank on your team, and Scizor isn't that good anyway.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Sturdy/Rock Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Double-Edge
- Rest/Explosion/Toxic/Double-Edge
- Roar

Since this is probably ingame, you can lose Roar and put one of the other options in the last slot. I would say Double Edge with Rock Head, but it's your choice.

Go for Steelix, because you don't have any kind of tank on your team, and Scizor isn't that good anyway.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Sturdy/Rock Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Double-Edge
- Rest/Explosion/Toxic/Double-Edge
- Roar

Since this is probably ingame, you can lose Roar and put one of the other options in the last slot. I would say Double Edge with Rock Head, but it's your choice.
Steelix = Yes w/, Earthquake/Rock Slide/Explosion/Roar IMO
What he says you dont have any kind of tank
Steelix with Scizor you cant really compromise them....
It relies on the other team members

GOod luck,

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Iron Tail could be an option over RS.

Toxic and Rest / Explosion in the last two moveslots.

Faiq

ok thank you very much wat about the other members? im not to sure if its a well balanced team and i wanted to special sweepers to physical a anti tank and a tank im not to sure a crawdaunt in my team and suggestions on replacements? and dragonaite should i use salamence instead or any suggestions on replacements

blaziken05

Dragonite and Salamence do different things; that's up to you.

Salamence@Leftovers
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Aerial Ace/Fire Blast
-Rock Slide/Aerial Ace/Fire Blast

Dragonite@Leftovers
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Ice Beam/Dragon Claw
-Thunderbolt/Flamethrower

BoltBeam or FlameClaw.

Faiq

yea i like salamence hes extremly strong and is a good sweeper and has a good effect intmiedate but thats what annoys me about him at the start of every battle he does that annoying sequence, and it bugs but on the other hand dragonite is a god special sweeper

blaziken05

Your team looks like it wants a physical sweeper more than a special one, as Charizard has only a mediocre attack stat and gengar's better suited to special sweeping.

Faiq

so do u think i should replace charizard? for salamence or slaking? and put more power. or should i go the opposite and put blissey or torkoal? or a more defensive pokemon maybe another tank?

blaziken05

I think you'd be better off using Salamence over Dragonite, or else you have two dragon/flying Pokemon. Slaking would be possible over Charizard if you want, but I don't think it's necessary.

coolcobra77

Your Worst Nightmare
I say Steelix... it could save your a*s if an electric pokemon comes becuase a good Electric type could knock out half your team (Dragonite, charizard, Cradawnt)

Steelix @leftovers (rock head prefeered)
- Eartquake (STAB)
- Iron Tail (STAB)
- Double Edge/Rock Slide if no double edge
- Toxic/Protect/Rock slide (Go with Toxic, but if you really need it use Rock slide... but be advised Steelix is slow and might not be able to take a strong defense trained Fire type)

Da1SCizorboi

While he should probably have a Steelix on his team instead of a Scizor, Scizor is one of the best attackers. It is one of the main bulky attackers in the OU tier, countering Slamence and Dragonite, as well as Scizor being able to do big damage with Bullet punch + Swords dance.

Scizor @Leftovers/Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spd
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Superpower/Knock Off
-Swords Dance/Roost/Superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.