• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scizor the cowboy [OU RMT]

pkmtrainer

After getting some help from a friend and doing some changes to the team, I came with a different team built around scizor (H)

TEAM BUILDING

First I chose SD scizor because it´s too pro
212.png

Then I chose scarf ttar in order to trap rotom and to kill zapdos and magnezone
212.png
tyranitar_sprite.png

Later, I added mixmence in case ttar got burned, paralyzed. Its job is to kill zapdos finish swampert and kill gliscor. It also helped me to kill skarm
212.png
tyranitar_sprite.png
373.png

I needed a check for gyarados and salamence and chose scarfstarmie
212.png
tyranitar_sprite.png
373.png
starmie.png

I needed an effective lead, so I chose Azelf.
212.png
tyranitar_sprite.png
373.png
starmie.png
azelf.png

I liked the idea of dual screens in order to let scizor SD, so I chose jirachi
212.png
tyranitar_sprite.png
373.png
starmie.png
azelf.png
jirachi.png

But I was pretty annoyed of how popular was becoming sub-sweeper gengar and added bronzong with heavy spD evs.
212.png
tyranitar_sprite.png
373.png
starmie.png
azelf.png
bronzong.png

TEAM

azelf.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56Atk/200Sp.Atk/252Spe
Naive nature
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
Standard lead. Frankly I don’t like the lead, but it does its job. Azelf taunts slower pokemon, then lays SR, afterwards, it explodes. fireblast to hit metagross and the odd bronzong
EVS: they´re simple, max speed to be as fast as possible and max HP to take hits a bit better, like MM from metagross, ice beam from swampert...
---

Bronzong.png

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/24 Def/168 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
Dual screener zong. Gyro ball lets me break the subs of STRONGar, and earthquake to break the subs of magnezone and jirachi.
EVS: 252 hp is obvious. 176 spD is a jump point. LO timid gengar does 45 % of damage with HP fire. 64 atk lets me do a minimum of 25 % to sub CM rachi which will let me break its sub. 26 def may be helpful in the future.
---

starmie.png

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural cure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice beam
- Trick
Starmie is my check for gyara and salamence. Surf for STAB, thunderbolt for gyarados, ice beam to kill mence and trick to cripple special walls like blissey or snorlax.
---

salamence.png

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Brick Break
Wall breaker salamence. It lets me kill zapdos and skarmory, it also heavily hurts heatran. DM for power, FB to kill skarm, brick break for type coverage and roost for survivility since it wont be living SR+LO+SS.
EVS: 252 SpA lets me do 75 % to physical zapdos, which is an OHKO after rocks. 252 speed to speed tie other positive 100´s, and 6 att to hit luke.
---

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake
Scarf ttar. It´s here in order to kill zapdos celebi and to trap lati and rotom. Stone edge to kill zapdos, pursuit to trap, crunch for STAB and EQ to hit jirachi. The reason I run EQ > super power is that I was so angry that sometimes I cant OHKO nape, also I wanted to do more damage than crunch does to jirach (I f*cking hate jirachi)
---

scizor.png

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 184 HP/252 Atk/72 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
My SD scizor. It´s my late-game sweeper once all the counters are killed it can easily sweep. SD to reach to an incredible atk stat, bullet punch for STAB priority, brick break for type coverage and bug bite to kill bulky waters.
EVS: 252 atk is obvious: hit hard. 72 spd lets me be faster than base 70´s by 2 points. 184 hp is for bulkiness.
---

I´m looking for good rates please ;)
thanks to arkeis for the images

Last edited:

rkoreadeath

evs

make evs for azelf go to 252 attack and 252 speed.

its stupid spending so many evs for hp when you have focus sash

pkmtrainer

make evs for azelf go to 252 attack and 252 speed.

its stupid spending so many evs for hp when you have focus sash

yeah it´s actually a bit dumb doing that if want you want is a suicide lead, but what I really want is something that lays rocks, u-turn out, then come back in mid-game (take the rocks damage) and explode in something like swampert or blissey (making sure it doesnt use protect).

I´ll change a little its spread: 176 hp / 82 att /252 spe.
This spread workt s like this: assume I take out azelf and the opponent took out metagross. I´m feared that he´ll MM while I taunt him, and he´ll break my sash with BP before I put rocks, so what I do is put rocks while he uses MM and switch out. Later I come, take SR damage and explode in someone´s face.

What I mean is that 176 hp will let me survive metagross´ MM doing a maxium of 87% damage. After coming back, I take the rocks damage (12.5 %) and explode.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Looking at your Azelf, its moveset is missing one key element of the standard 'Zelf lead. Fire Blast. If this is for Shoddy, 56Atk/200Sp.Atk/252Spe Naive is what you should be running. The 56 Attack EV's give a boost to Explosion, allowing it to deal heavy damage (up around 75%) to Heatran and Metagross leads, both of which it typically have problems with. Jirachi leads too, although if you're going to attack one, you should be using Fire Blast, as it typically will deal more damage with the EV spread you're running.
If it's for Wi-Fi, your Jolly Zelf should be running 252Atk/252Spe/4Hp and Fire Punch over U-Turn. Really, U-Turn does is let him get off a half-decent attack on other Azelf leads, and then leaves him walled by every Steel lead in OU.
Azelf isn't meant to switch out or have any kind of longevity. It's a Suicide Lead for a reason, to kill itself and take out its opponent. The only real place I could see U-Turn being useful is on a Dual Screener or a Physical Scarfer.

On Salamence, that moveset should be paired with an EV spread of 80Hp/252Sp.Atk/176Spe Rash, as it's intended for maximum power and more longevity. That tiny Attack investment does nothing for him, Lucario will take almost the same ammount of damage, and you should be using Fire Blast on him anyway. Even with max speed, the most he can usually hope for is to win a speed tie with Zapdos. HP Ice will OHKO him in return. I'm almost tempted to suggest Blissey, which would solve your Gengar problem and free up Bronzong's spot for something else. Alternately, you could run Offensive CM Latias over Mence, it doesn't give much of a sh*t about anything Zapdos can throw its way and then answer back with a boosted Dragon Pulse. Zapdos is nothing but setup bait for her. That could possibly increase your Gengar problem though, so you should decide carefully what you want to do.

A final word of warning: Beware of Scarfed Heracross. As your team is now, it gets SE hits on four of your team members and deals heavy damage to both Scizor and Bronzong with Close Combat, which is an assured 2HKO on Scizor and a high probablity of a 2HKO for Bronzong. That 24 Def EV's on Zong are preventing it from being a 90% or higher chance, but that's nowhere near safe.

Hope this was helpful in some way.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Fire blast/psychic over U-turn on azelf as they can deal damage to opposing leads like metagross and aero etc. Also go 252spd Naive. Why are you so intent on killing zapdos? They are uncommon.

pkmtrainer

Thank you so much Calze6 and Eon Master.
@ Calze6: zapdos is one of the biggest counters of scizor that´s why I´m trying to kill it.
@ Eon Master: I think you´re right about the suicide lead, I´ll change u-turn for FB for type coverage and I might use your spread.
but I dont completely agree with salamence´s spread because I run max speed in order to speed tie max speed CM rachi.
----
I found out outrage does more damage than a super efective brickbreak, so I´m switching them.
I also noticed that 172 isnt a jump point for bronzong´s irregular stats (168 is the jump point) so I´m adding the 4 evs to att to ensure break rachi´s sub

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
You're welcome. My only question to you now is how you plan to stop Heracross. Seriously, with nothing that can counter him and his team likely being built around his usage, you will lose against more than 90% of teams that run him. His best counter is Gliscor, but with Salamence already in use, he's a no-go. Rotom would work nicely, unless your opponent has Night Slash on it (which is a high probability 2HKO for the Choice Band set with a Jolly nature and an assured 2HKO for the same set running Adamant), the Standard Bulky Rotom-H can kill him off pretty easily.

If you're not concerned about Heracross because it's uncommon, you don't have to change your team at all. I'm just letting you know that it's the biggest threat your team could possibly face.

Btw, I do like the Scizor. I personally prefer the old school 32Hp/252Atk/224Spe Adamant SD Scizor made to outspeed Adamant Ttar, but yours is surprisingly effective considering the fast pace of the current OU Metagame. I feel that a bit less bulk and a bit more speed could be beneficial, but it's really quite good as is.
Hope you don't mind that I tested it out due to sheer boredom :p

Last edited:

pkmtrainer

You're welcome. My only question to you now is how you plan to stop Heracross. Seriously, with nothing that can counter him and his team likely being built around his usage, you will lose against more than 90% of teams that run him. His best counter is Gliscor, but with Salamence already in use, he's a no-go. Rotom would work nicely, unless your opponent has Night Slash on it (which is a high probability 2HKO for the Choice Band set with a Jolly nature and an assured 2HKO for the same set running Adamant), the Standard Bulky Rotom-H can kill him off pretty easily.

If you're not concerned about Heracross because it's uncommon, you don't have to change your team at all. I'm just letting you know that it's the biggest threat your team could possibly face.

Btw, I do like the Scizor. I personally prefer the old school 32Hp/252Atk/224Spe Adamant SD Scizor made to outspeed Adamant Ttar, but yours is surprisingly effective considering the fast pace of the current OU Metagame. I feel that a bit less bulk and a bit more speed could be beneficial, but it's really quite good as is.
Hope you don't mind that I tested it out due to sheer boredom :p

Thank you for telling me one of the biggest threats of my team. My plan to beat heracross would be change scarfstarmie to scarflati by changing in CC and finishing it with DM.

I did the spread of scizor because I want to take the more advantage as possible of dual screen. 72 speed will let me outspeed 8 spe base 70´s.
and yes, you can test my scizor I dont mind

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Pursuit and Roost are options for Scizor. A Dragon Dancing Tyranitar works better than a Choice Scarf one. To aid your team, I would consider Rapid Spin on Starmie.

pkmtrainer

Pursuit and Roost are options for Scizor. A Dragon Dancing Tyranitar works better than a Choice Scarf one. To aid your team, I would consider Rapid Spin on Starmie.

actually, I really need scarf ttar as a revenge killer because I need the speed in no turns. Let´s suppose ttar enters in CM latias, latias gets a CM, and it will OHKO me with surf if I´m not fast enough; that´s why I have scarf to kill latias and other threats before they can even touch me; instead of waiting a turn of DD.
pursuit doesnt work on scizor because its purpose is to sweep at the late game.
I need starmie as a check of gyara and mence, so rapid spin may work BUT I need trick to cripple walls like swampert, blissey and even crocune

ParaChomp

be your own guru
actually, I really need scarf ttar as a revenge killer because I need the speed in no turns. Let´s suppose ttar enters in CM latias, latias gets a CM, and it will OHKO me with surf if I´m not fast enough; that´s why I have scarf to kill latias and other threats before they can even touch me; instead of waiting a turn of DD.
pursuit doesnt work on scizor because its purpose is to sweep at the late game.
I need starmie as a check of gyara and mence, so rapid spin may work BUT I need trick to cripple walls like swampert, blissey and even crocune

Mmm...okay. Toxic+Taunt can cripple walls and Tyranitar is great but it's ability to summon a sandstorm can act like a double-edged sword. For other Dragon Dancers, you have Crawdaunt, Tropius, Charizard, Wiscash, Lapras, Fraligatr, Dragonite, Kingdra, Altaria and Scalamence.

Those are just options though, Breloom is also an option.

AlCario

Banned
Mmm...okay. Toxic+Taunt can cripple walls and Tyranitar is great but it's ability to summon a sandstorm can act like a double-edged sword. For other Dragon Dancers, you have Crawdaunt, Tropius, Charizard, Wiscash, Lapras, Fraligatr, Dragonite, Kingdra, Altaria and Scalamence.

Of those pokemon, only three are viable in OU and none of them help this team at all. The goal of this team is to eliminate Scizor's counters; a second set-up sweeper is basically a dead weight.