• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scizor? What's Scizor?

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Well, my friends and I are having another tournament and we did the same thing as last time, where someone else makes a rule for you and you have to follow the rule, or you automatically lose. Well, my rule was that every poke had to have one move that shared a type with a move from the rest of the team. All in all, I had to pick a type, and all my pokes have to have a damaging move that is that type, or at least in certain situations is that type. Naturally, I picked fire. It's my favorite type. Now onto the team!

Ninetales (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 SDef / 108 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Since I picked fire as my type, I picked the one poke that can power up the type. Ninetales really needs no explanation. If it does, just ask me to add one.

Raikou @ Air Balloon
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Weather Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Aura Sphere

This Raikou is the same as I used on my competitive sun team. It is really fun to use. Thunderbolt is my STAB, and Weather Ball is essentially a 150 base power fire move. HP [Grass] gives me much needed coverage, and Aura Sphere is just a great attack that never misses, as one of the rules for one of the guys was that he had to use a mono normal type team, and all of them had to have Double Team.

Charizard (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Air Slash

The destroyer of the team. It has the same power under the sun as Reshiram. Fire Blast 2HKOs just about the whole game, with the last three moves as coverage, although they rarely ever get used.

Venusaur (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Growth
- Sleep Powder
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Venusaur is the best Chlorophyll abuser this gen. SolarBeam has great power and no charge turn in the sun. HP [Fire] is for my rule, and it does get great coverage. Growth gives me +2 in both offensive stats, and Sleep Powder is the main weapon, as we aren't playing sleep clause, because I am the only one that knows about it.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Magic Guard Alakazam is a beast. Psyshock is for a pseudo-mixed set. Shadow Ball kills ghosts, which otherwise kills Alakazam. HP [Fire] kills Scizor, among other reasons why I have to use it. Focus Blast adds what little coverage I need.

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, - SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Hi Jump Kick

My sole physical attacker. Pretty standard. Swords Dance boosts attack, while its ability boost its middling speed. Flare Blitz for a huge STAB under the sun. Rock Slide is a reliable rock move. Hi Jump Kick is Blaziken's best fighting STAB. This is why it got banned right here.

Thank you for reading, and rate away!

Joshblue02

That is one decent team, all i would say is charizard and alakzam share focus blast so switch that move on one of them to something like on charizard aerial ace, it never misses

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
That is one decent team, all i would say is charizard and alakzam share focus blast so switch that move on one of them to something like on charizard aerial ace, it never misses

Um, no? Do you know what natures do? Timid nature will drop the power of Aerial Ace, as it is a physical attack. It doesn't really matter that those two have the same move, as they both offer much needed coverage.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Overall a really good Sun team. It seems as if you know how to abuse Sunny Day with Solarbeam, I see. And not to mention Growth for Venusar is, without a doubt, a good choice during the sunny weather status and automatically switch to the offensive. Timid natured sweepers, support from the sunny weather, HP grass for Raikou; very smart, and pretty self-exploratory.

Good job.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
that Blaziken has a suicide set lol. SD + Life Orb + Flare Blitz.....

But this is a great team. Why did you even post this team? There's nothing we can fix here XD

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
that Blaziken has a suicide set lol. SD + Life Orb + Flare Blitz.....

But this is a great team. Why did you even post this team? There's nothing we can fix here XD

I kinda wanted to see if anyone could provide potential replacements for any pokes, and i wanted to see what any noobs would say (refer to first reply).