• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scolipede Discussion :P

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
545.png

SCOLIPEDE
Scolipede. One of the most beastly pokemon of the 5th generation. He can set up hazards, baton pass, and even sweep. Now you may think he is outclassed by other sweepers, but, he has a very important 112 base speed. This allows him to outrun practically every useful pokemon in OU. My favorite set, SD, packs tons of power. With a STAB megahorn, he wrecks teams. Setting up spikes/t-spikes is also very easy with his base speed. He has 2 quad resistances to fighting and grass, which are very useful. He does have a weakness to stealth rock though. Despite this, he is a great pokemon to use in both UU and OU. I won't keep you waiting any longer with my boring rabble, so, here ya goes!
STATS:

HP: 60
Attack: 90
Defense: 89
Sp. attack: 55
Sp. defense: 69
Speed: 112

Swords Dance Sweeper

Scolipede@life orb
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Ability: Swarm

1. Swords Dance
2. Megahorn
3. Earthquake
4. Rock Slide

Now, this set is meant to make a good switch, SD, then sweep. Megahorn pack 180 base power with stab. This can destroy teams. Earthquake and Rock Slide help take care of the resistances. Swarm powers up Megahorn when under 1/3, which is extremely useful. Only a few pokemon can reliably counter all moves on this set. The most namely being gliscor. I like this set the best and find it very useful.

The Lead:

Scolipede@Focus Sash
EV's: 252 speed 252 attack
Ability: Swarm/Poison Point

1. Toxic Spikes
2. Spikes
3. Megahorn
4. Earthquake/Substitute

Scolipede can also be an effective lead who is speedy and can set up 2 entry hazards. Megahorn is STAB, EQ helps cover others. Substitute blocks status and helps set up. Toxic Spikes can be used for a stallish team, Spikes for one with a lot of switches. He is a great all purpose lead who can set up and do damage.

Baton Pass

Scolipede@Focus Sash
EV's: 252 speed and either hp or attack, whichever one you want
Ability: Swarm/Poison Point

1. Swords Dance/Agility/Iron Defense/Substitute
2. Swords Dance/Agility/Iron Defense/Substitute
3. Baton Pass
4. Megahorn

Probably not his best set, but it can be pretty effective. The choice is yours for what boosting move you want. Baton pass to pass the boosts. Megahorn is so he isn't taunt bait. Either ability could work, though poison point can be nice to inflict an annoying status on walls.

Well, that's about it, hope you liked it :)

LinksOcarina

The true master
Surprised no one commented...

Scoliopede is a good lead-off with dual spikes and a megahorn STAB. Add that with Swarm and megahorn and it's a deadly combo against darks and psychics, to say the least. Plus the typing does help against fighters (although most of them carry rock slide, which will pretty much crush Scolipede in one blow.)

As far as dual bug/poisons go, this is probably as best as you can get, even though the three sets above are pretty much all yo can do. The lack of a movepool is something that cripples Scolipede even more, but what it does, it does well.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Yea, his biggest asset is stat distribution. His movepool provides just enough and nothing more. Lol, this thread went about 24 hours without being posted on. I almost bumped it.

LinksOcarina

The true master
You can thank Kaiser for me seeing it, to be honest. The list he made for all the individual pokemon threads is very helpful.

Although there is one experimental set I can think of.

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
EV: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpD
-x-Scissor/Megahorn
- Substitute
- Swords Dance/Iron Defense/Agility
- Baton Pass

It's a modified Baton Passing set that relies on substitute to soak a hit, boost a swords dance or two, then baton pass it to something for the sweep. It can work wonders in conjunction with slower or weaker pokemon, giving Scolipede enough defense to at least survive a hit. Lastly I put X-Scissor because it is more reliable than megahorn, and since this is a more defensive set the goal is to take a hit or two and not go down, not attack the opponent needlessly.

But spiking is still probably the best use.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^mabye, but why only 130 speed ev's?

LinksOcarina

The true master
^mabye, but why only 130 speed ev's?

its Special Defense...

It's natural speed pretty much gives it a leg up on most in the RU tier anyway, so with the nature I believe at level 100 it would be a max of 286, which is pretty damn good. With the spread the defenses and HP would baloon to 324/246/206 respectively.

Last, that should say 128, my bad :p.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Oh, well, you always want 252 in speed for him.

LinksOcarina

The true master
Probably, I haven't tested it yet, but like I said a possible experimental set.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Where's lead dance?

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
Jolly/Swarm
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Becoming increasingly better what with the lack of weather in OU due to Exca's ban. Sun has become the dominant weather and this set deals with that. You've just got to know your Chlorophyll sweepers.

Soperman

The One and Only
Where's lead dance?

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
Jolly/Swarm
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

Becoming increasingly better what with the lack of weather in OU due to Exca's ban. Sun has become the dominant weather and this set deals with that. You've just got to know your Chlorophyll sweepers.

He already posted an almost exact same set. In fact, the only difference is the item.

But for the lead set posted, I would put 252 Hp and 4 Attack or Defense, and replace Megahorn with Substitute. Same with the BP set.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
He already posted an almost exact same set. In fact, the only difference is the item.

But for the lead set posted, I would put 252 Hp and 4 Attack or Defense, and replace Megahorn with Substitute. Same with the BP set.

Well... The item is the sets boon and he didn't use it in the right context...

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^I wouldn't replace Megahorn with substitute. Getting taunted isn't fun. Megahorn is pretty powerful and can destroy taunters. I will add substitute as an option for b-pass and lead.

Zachmac

When the leichi berry gets released...
Scolipede@Leichi Berry
Swarm/Jolly
252att/252spe
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Megahorn
-Earthquake

I late-game sweeper that could even work in OU with the proper support. Swords Dance, Substitute, and Leichi berry work together to give it massive attack. While it's HP is at 25% from unlocking the leichi berry, swarm gets unlocked to, bringing megahorn's power to 270 power. Along with it's stat boost, it's more powerful then non-stabbed explosion was in gen 4.

Scolipede is one of my favorite 5th gen designs, but could really use better typing. His worst enemy is skarmory, who will phaze it or OHKO with brave bird. Unless using a lead set or the set I posted, you will probably want rapid spin support.

Gamefreak

It has a niche that it can lay Spikes and Toxic Spikes. It can also absorb Toxic Spikes itself. It has a great STAB in Megahorn to nail LO Spinner Starmie, Latios, and Latias with.

Other than that, I would rather use Deoxys S. Tentacruel is very common and can absorb Toxic Spikes, but otherwise having the option to Toxic Spikes is a very powerful option to soften certain defensive cores. Slowbro + Blissey come to mind.

Eranu™

Where's lead dance?

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
252 Spd/ 252 Atk/ 4 HP
Jolly/Swarm
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

This is the only set i've ever seen that works on scolipede.
If you want to use it for spikes and etc. Drapion would be the better choice.

Ilan

I saw people on RTM saying he is the most horrible pokemon lol with 112 speed and 90 I wouldn't say bad even in OU he is faster than terrakion and (maybe) can switch to a choice band set locked on close combat and revenge kill it.
I don't understand what's so wrong about his typing defensively it is a good typing... offensively you can use none stab moves so... poison/bug is not that bad (flying/bug is worse...) it gets rock slide and earthquake .

Gamefreak

Another cool thing about Scolipede is that he can hit the Magic Guard users very hard who will try to reflect your hazards. Other spikers just can't do that.

I saw people on RTM saying he is the most horrible pokemon lol with 112 speed and 90 I wouldn't say bad even in OU he is faster than terrakion and (maybe) can switch to a choice band set locked on close combat and revenge kill it.

It takes Close Combat very well, but I'm sure it wouldn't like switching into Stone Edge any time soon, even from an unboosted Terrakion.

Another cool thing about Scolipede is that he can hit the Magic Guard users very hard who will try to reflect your hazards. Other spikers just can't do that.

Magic Bounce, but yeah, I don't think Espeon or Xatu would like facing up to this thing.

I like Scolipede. Awesome design, great move options, and excellent speed. If it had a little more power, say Base 100 Atk, that'd be awesome. It really could use more bulk too, since it takes hits best from the physical side and even then it's only decent. Still, in the lower tiers it makes a fantastic offensive Spikes/Toxic Spikes user and SD sweeper, and I'm sure it can hold its own in OU as well.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I like Scolipede. Awesome design, great move options, and excellent speed. If it had a little more power, say Base 100 Atk, that'd be awesome. It really could use more bulk too, since it takes hits best from the physical side and even then it's only decent. Still, in the lower tiers it makes a fantastic offensive Spikes/Toxic Spikes user and SD sweeper, and I'm sure it can hold its own in OU as well.

Ya pretty much summed up Scolipede right there.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Well, he's gettin better.