• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scorbunny Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!! (1106)

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Man, seeing Scorbunny evolving into Raboot this early in the series is pretty jarring for me, especially as I've taken it at face value that it takes a long time for pokemon to evolve in the anime.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
THIS is how you use Team Rocket. They were characters first, plot devices second. Seeing their interactions (especially with Chewtle) reminded me that they can still be likable.

Has Scorbunny even done a lot of battling, or should we make up the fact he may have already done a whole lot of running while looking after the Nickit trio.
It battled Pikachu (I think), Scyther, Sandile and the three Mankey. It got its butt whooped by Mightyena and Golurk.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Has Scorbunny even done a lot of battling, or should we make up the fact he may have already done a whole lot of running while looking after the Nickit trio.
I think we should rather accept the fact that anime doesn't work like the games and that Pokemon can evolve in various circumstances for various reasons. Stuff like levels and EXP is clearly irrelevant in the whole thing as has been proven by the anime time and time again.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Charmeleon situation again? I wonder if Ash will and can give a helpful advice to Go and recall his previous experience with Charizard...

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Guys, about that newspaper...
It was literally a reused asset from Sun & Moon. We have seen those exact pages before.
ETLQ63hWkAYaAht.jpg

So, I wouldn't read too much into it. They just slapped on some images they already had lying around anyway.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Can I ask why Raboot became rebellious AFTER him and Gou seemingly finally came to an understanding and learned the new fire move together? People on Twitter go on about how Gou deserved it because he's such a bad person and blah blah but I'm just here questioning why thus happened after their conflict was resolved. Not that I don't like it as I'm always up for a disobedience arc I just find it weird

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Can I ask why Raboot became rebellious AFTER him and Gou seemingly finally came to an understanding and learned the new fire move together?
Who said Raboot became rebellious? The number one mistake people seem to be making is calling this a Charmeleon 2.0 case.

I don't think that's what will happen. I think Raboot will listen to Go's commands when necessary, but be more emotionally distant (the opposite of Scorbunny's personality where it wanted Go's attention). Now this might be due to Go being unwilling to provide support to Scorbunny and/or Scorbunny's mentality changing due to evolving.

I mean yes, they won a battle together, but that doesn't quite erase the fact that Go basically ignored Scorbunny's desire to learn a new move and remained stubborn until the last second. Let's not forget that Go didn't even apologize to his Pokemon yet for the way he acted. He immediately went it for a high five or w/e, pretending like everything was okay now.

Last edited:

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
This was a good episode. Yayy we finally got to see Koharu again! Gou's Darmanitan is such a jerk. And lol the Chewtle actually came back. The trainer and pokemon disagreeing was such a cliche lol but this episode did it well. The Pyro Ball-like ember was cool. Though I wonder why is Raboot suddenly so cold. I hope it returns soon. And to be honest. I miss Gou catching pokemon every episode. I hope he catches something soon. The next episode seems to have an awesome battle! 7/10 for this episode.

xinfernapex

Sinnoh Champion
Can I ask why Raboot became rebellious AFTER him and Gou seemingly finally came to an understanding and learned the new fire move together? People on Twitter go on about how Gou deserved it because he's such a bad person and blah blah but I'm just here questioning why thus happened after their conflict was resolved. Not that I don't like it as I'm always up for a disobedience arc I just find it weird
I’ve been thinking this myself.
My personal theory is that Raboot wants to show Darmanitan that it is strong enough to best it and that Go’s training methods aren’t good enough for it now that its evolved, hence why it left to maybe do its own thing for a bit, therefore giving Go the brush off. It probably wants to become more serious battler but he cannot do that with the way Go is at the moment, especially because Go prefers catching to battling so he is going to do it his own way.

Shotgunrain

I think we might see a disobedience arc but it won’t last very long. Raboot walking away and ignoring Go could be just a personality change, although it not appearing in the preview for the next episode is suspicious. We have seen personality changes in the anime before, in SM Lycanroc became more serious after it evolved which led to its anger issues when it gets dirty, which then led to the arc in Ula’ula where Ash and Lycanroc got over the issues together. After that, Lycanroc was able to control its emotions better and showed signs of its Rockruff personality again. We might be getting a similar arc for Raboot here.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Have you watched the episode properly? Go conmanded ember, Raboot can't learn Pyro ball, and the attack wasn't a perfect ball, it was a fire attack it fired from its legs. It appeared like Pyro ball but it ISNT Pyro ball. So stop acting smug when you're wrong lmao
If it looks like Pyro Ball, acts like Pyro Ball, clearly it's Energy Ball, right?

I understand being right is taboo, but ignoring what's in front of you isn't a good idea

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
If it looks like Pyro Ball, acts like Pyro Ball, clearly it's Energy Ball, right?

I understand being right is taboo, but ignoring what's in front of you isn't a good idea
It's the featherdance situation all over again

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

Is it so hard to read subtitles? Go describes it as their special kind of ember. Since scorbunny could create heat with its feet they use that to launch a fire attack with the help of a stone. It's similar to Pyro ball and will probably lead into cinderace learning that, but it isn't a pyro ball. That fire attack wasn't even in the shape of a ball. Raboot can't even learn Pyro ball. This was intentional to make the ember resemble Pyro ball so it leads into it learning it when it evolves, but it isn't a ball, and it is their special kind of ember. I get it reading is hard. Funny how people try to act smug while being wrong
ETPWlG-XsAIG8Pq.jpg
ETPWoDmXsAEg1gi.jpg

It's Pyro Ball

Did you just stop watching ahead when it clearly developed into a beam of fire instead of a ball after that scene. It isn't Pyro ball