• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scorbunny Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!! (1106)

Red and Blue

So is Raboot just incapable of using Fire type moves from its mouth? Guess we can rule out moves like Flamethrower. Unless it can fire flames from its feet

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
ETLQ63hWkAYaAht.jpg

So, I wouldn't read too much into it.
I just knew there was something cheap. I knew it.

Ha ha. Pun.
It's the featherdance situation all over again
Wait. That wasn't Swords Dance?!
If it looks like Pyro Ball, acts like Pyro Ball, clearly it's Energy Ball, right?

I understand being right is taboo, but ignoring what's in front of you isn't a good idea
Sorry, but the show calls this Pyro Ball-looking attack Ember.

Let's just see what they do with the real Pyro Ball.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
About the whole "Go called it their version of Ember, not Pyro Ball", maybe, you know... Go didn't know Pyro Ball, the move, existed? After all, it's currently Cinderace's signature move, as in, it's been introduced this generation.

I'm actually wondering if Raboot walking away from Go is merely due to its personality changing or if it's actually still upset at Go. I initially assumed it was the latter, but it might very well be the former.

I think it's actually a good interpretation of the whole thing and I wouldn't mind if that was the case.

Team Rocket were legitimately amazing this episode. They had a whole hideout under a phone booth. Then when Gou thought it was a box, Meowth went all boomer on us with the "kids these days don't know what a phone booth is" line. I think it's a fun fourth wall joke on how long this series has been going on. Though I have to say, it's so weird seeing stuff like Ash not knowing what a smart phone is and running around outside because he's a reflection of a 1990's kid, yet there's Gou the same age as him with his face stuck in a screen like a 2020's kid. I kind of hope this becomes a running gag.

to me it's more of a citykid (gou) vs a countrykid ( is that what they call them?) if u get what I mean

on another note this episode made me wonder what's gonna happen in the opening from now on, I'm really curious

I'm not a TR fan and even I'll say they were pretty good this episode. And this joke - alongside Twerp n° 2 - were so good and meta, I really like. Mr. Akao did a very good job with them this time.

As for Ash being clueless about smartphones, it's just what @RLC said. Ash is a kid from a country town and as we've seen after so many years of him in the anime, Ash seems a lot more of a "nature" guy than a tech guy.

This would make little sense since Go lives with his Pokemon. It is not like he is doing what Ash has done in the past and ditch his Pokemon at the lab while being off for a long period of time.

While it's true that Go checks his pokémon in the lab it's worth pointing out Ash at least spent some time with the pokémon he had "boxed". There are exceptions like Kingler and Muk, but even then end up being used for Ash at some points.

THIS is how you use Team Rocket. They were characters first, plot devices second. Seeing their interactions (especially with Chewtle) reminded me that they can still be likable.

Exactly. I think this episode is a sign they are starting to find the best way to handle TR. Use them sparingly and when you do it, make sure to make it count. Mr. Akao really nailed it to the point even someone who wasn't a fan of them, like myself, end up enjoying their role.

Shotgunrain

About the whole "Go called it their version of Ember, not Pyro Ball", maybe, you know... Go didn't know Pyro Ball, the move, existed? After all, it's currently Cinderace's signature move, as in, it's been introduced this generation.

Maybe Go will coin the term ‘Pyro Ball’ once Raboot evolves to Cinderace, like how Kukui coined ‘Double Iron Bash’ for Melmetal.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting Scorbunny to evolve, this early at least.

I did enjoy Meowth taking a jab at Gen Z and not knowing what phone booths are, because let's face it, he has a point.
Also TR with the galaxy brain move of praising Chewtle before being blasted off by Thunderbolt.

One thing I will say though is that I initially did not notice the Aina Cafeteria nod in the newspaper that Jessie was reading.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Reused character designs have ALWAYS been in the anime.

The ironic thing is Alola kept reusing literally the same people many times (the background Riolu is one I never missed). One episode - Gladion's debut episode when he was found battling that unlucky Blastoise trainer - literally (and accidentally) copied and pasted a crowd of people.

And then there's "Rohta," who appears in way too many movies and has started the joke that Ash's entire journey is a story told to Rohta. So, he's not in a coma, but he's literally a fantasy character inside another fantasy.http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/features/recycle/female.html

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Gladion used to call his Type Null as "Silvally". But it was actually Type Null. So if the show is calling this Ember, this doesn't mean it couldn't be Pyro ball, as we have seen the animation for ember before, and it definitely looks different than the Raboot version of Ember.

Though I am not sure what it is, so I will wait for further clarification for this move. Maybe they will call it ember for raboot, and when it evolves they will just change the name of the move to Pyro-ball?

Paree

Gladion used to call his Type Null as "Silvally". But it was actually Type Null. So if the show is calling this Ember, this doesn't mean it couldn't be Pyro ball, as we have seen the animation for ember before, and it definitely looks different than the Raboot version of Ember.

Though I am not sure what it is, so I will wait for further clarification for this move. Maybe they will call it ember for raboot, and when it evolves they will just change the name of the move to Pyro-ball?
Gladion called it Silvally because it was a Silvally before and it underwent a deevolution because Aether people could not control its power.
Again, Ember with Pyro Ball Animation is just anime being anime.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Ash: What's a Greninja? I've never seen one in my life.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Idk if anybody has mentioned it but assuming this yet again another disobedient arc; isn’t this the first time it’s a trainers starter Pokémon?