• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Scorbunny Use Your Flaming Kick! Face Tomorrow!! (1106)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Ash bringing back Charizard in BW was exactly to help Iris with a disobedient pokémmon btw
No it wasn’t. Charizard was brought back entirely for fan service & most likely to get people to watch the Team Plasma arc. Dragonite already started listening to Iris during the whole Therian Trio climax with Team Rocket

While I would like Ash to acknowledge Charizard to help Go with Raboot, I don’t really see that happening given how they rarely make Ash bring up his past experiences and accomplishments nowadays. If anything, Ash will give Go some general advice about handling disobedient Pokémon & be there for him all throughout Go’s struggles, similar to Dawn’s Mamoswine or Iris’s Excadrill

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So does anyone else think there will be a moment later on the series where koharu see a side of ash she didn’t see earlier and start warming up to him after the fact?

Because I’m starting to think that will happen given there interaction.
I'm hoping that happens with her next focus episode. He can help her with her first capture.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Yay, our edgelord football bunny has arrived!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Despite being apprehensive about this episode since Hibanny evolving was revealed weeks in advance, I thought that the episode handled the evolution well. It wasn't particularly unique or original, but I think Rabbifuto looks better animated than it does in the games. I also really liked that Hihidaruma appeared.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Can't wait for the episode where Go gets arrested for having a Pokemon with an illegal move

I hope he gets to be put in the same cell as the guy who brought Turtwig to Galar.

King Masuda is really picky about how to punish people

Go thought he was doing what's right and told Satoshi that he had spent time thinking of ways for Scorbunny to battle with what it currently has, but Satoshi said that it didn't feel like they were actually in sync which made Go re-think, and during the last battle he realized what being in sync during battle feels like. Simple stuff, Go's not a jerk relationships are just complicated sometimes you guys need to get your heads out of the "B-BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE SO GO MUST BE BAD" gutter.

Thank you. That's a good reading of the whole thing.

Also, Koharu asked (really said out loud....) is catching Pokemon fun and Ash tries to get her to come with them and she refuses. It is a slow burn, but I think we are heading with her catching her own Pokemon down the line and traveling with the boys.

I think what Ash did was his way of answering the question. Like he was trying to say "Koharu this is the sort of thing I can't explain you why, you must experience yourself so why don't you tag along with us?"

*waits for someone to do a joke about Ash trying to have Koharu drop out school like him*

That's utter trash.
Chimchar: had harsh training under Paul's posession, a lot of battle experience, brilliant victories over powerful trainers. Evolved after 129 episodes.
Scorbunny: hold my beer.

The new series is turning into mess with every single episode. Scorbunny has almost zero battle experience not only to evolve, but even to blast off Team Rocket. Or do Go cheated using Exp. Share?
Too sad that's the first time we won't see the Galar starters in their first formes together on the main cast.

I'm really surprised no one brought Serena's Fennekin up yet. I'd even go and say Serena did more with Fennekin than Go did with Scorbunny.

But then Fennekin proved herself strong and capable when she defended Serena from bug types that one time she was trying to track down Ash.

dman_dustin

1. So we're going to keep arguing about what deserves an evolution? Despite the fact its completely up to the series head, and whether or not a Pokemon should've evolved earlier (fan based opinion) that it literally doesn't matter, because we're not in charge of the anime. In fact I'd say instead of getting mad, I'd just turn into a meme at this point. With all the main characters with starters in the background of Raboot looking shocked with the caption "Wow that was fast" along with the mention of when Scorbunny was caught and when it evolved. In fact, I want to believe if Ash gets a starter Pokemon it also receives the same treatment. ***NOTE*** Some Pokemon may only evolve at a specific plot point, like Torracat evolving into Incineroar, was likely chosen as a reward for defeating Incineroar as a Torracat.

2. As for Koharu, she wasn't being rude, Ash was being slightly annoying like a minor level of annoying but Koharu going to Koharu apparently. Although I do question why she asked if "catching Pokemon is fun" if she wasn't going to at least consider joining Ash and Go, but perhaps baby steps, ask first join in later, maybe. Though I'd like an episode where she just uses Yamper to catch a Pokemon, just to see how it feels (hopefully without Ash or Go badgering her).

3. Not happy that Jessie is "bonding" with Chewtle, only for her to have a future episode about her coming up (but whatever). James better get something soon, like Sinistea or something. Maybe James can get Sillicobra just to shake things up.

4. Darmanitan is hilarious and I'm glad Go's Pokemon will likely have these moments. Can't wait how they'll use Tentacool.

5. As I said earlier I'm not happy with how Go treated Scorbunny, this episode made it abundantly clear that Go cares far more about catching Pokemon than the Pokemon he catches. Not that I'm saying he would go after Mew if Scorbunny/Raboot was dying and hurt, but its clear he cared more about catching Pokemon than helping out Scorbunny. Perhaps instead of alienating Scorbunny, and working with his Pokemon, maybe he would've picked up on Scorbunny's better traits, as Scorbunny produces heat with its feet (which was shown by defrosting a frozen Yamper in the Koharu episode), and that it was why it produced an impressive ember from its mouth earlier in the episode by getting mad and using its feet. My point is, Go should've stopped being a jerk to Scorbunny, watched and observed it, and tried to figure out a reasonable solution, not assume that if it's not handed to you on a silver platter that it's not worth trying. And obviously Raboot feels the same, as it took too long for Go to see Scorbunny's perspective.

6. Not entirely sure I see the point in Ember, when Blaze Kick would've worked better, BUT I guess they really wanted to show Raboot potentially heading to being a Cinderace and getting pyro ball. But just like with Rowlet's Seed Bomb, I fail to see why the Pokemon needs special objects to use these moves. Seems kind of unfitting to prevent a Pokemon from using a Pokemon move when it doesn't have the necessary equipment. I mean Oshawott and Dewott using Razor Shell (I hate the localization team for that) with its Scalchop only makes sense. But I would argue Scorbunny/Raboot should be able to launch ember from its feet just fine, as the move doesn't say it has to come from its mouth.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
When you realized aina cafeteria appearing on the newspaper is more continuity then XY ever had :p

More than SM too, given they actually reference the previous saga.
Now if only a non-Kanto character can return in the flesh, we haven't seen that in a long time.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
More than SM too, given they actually reference the previous saga.
Now if only a non-Kanto character can return in the flesh, we haven't seen that in a long time.

SM literally had Misty and brock returning, ash mentioning his 30 tauros in the first episode, giving oak his five kalos mons pokeballs and going back to oaks ranch. Sure bud

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I'm going to miss scorbunny hopefully it evolves into cinderace somewhat quickly, they can only do the disobedient middle stage for so long (didn't chameleon evolve really quickly too? Like within the following few episodes? )

Also I think Gou is going to get lectured at somepoint about how collecting all these pokemon like merit badges will lead this to happening with his other pokemon. If he just keeps catching them and leaving them in a lab and ignoring them they will all start to dislike him.

CupidKirby

Team Rocket were legitimately amazing this episode. They had a whole hideout under a phone booth. Then when Gou thought it was a box, Meowth went all boomer on us with the "kids these days don't know what a phone booth is" line. I think it's a fun fourth wall joke on how long this series has been going on. Though I have to say, it's so weird seeing stuff like Ash not knowing what a smart phone is and running around outside because he's a reflection of a 1990's kid, yet there's Gou the same age as him with his face stuck in a screen like a 2020's kid. I kind of hope this becomes a running gag.

It's a little heartbreaking to see that just when Gou experienced the joy of being in-synch with Scorbunny, that it pulls a Charmeleon and stops listening to him. I'm interested to see how they'll pull it off and have it differ from Charizard. It's already quite a bit seeing as Scorbunny is meant to be Gou's "Pikachu"-like partner.

game3524

I'm going to miss scorbunny hopefully it evolves into cinderace somewhat quickly, they can only do the disobedient middle stage for so long (didn't chameleon evolve really quickly too? Like within the following few episodes? )

Also I think Gou is going to get lectured at somepoint about how collecting all these pokemon like merit badges will lead this to happening with his other pokemon. If he just keeps catching them and leaving them in a lab and ignoring them they will all start to dislike him.

This would make little sense since Go lives with his Pokemon. It is not like he is doing what Ash has done in the past and ditch his Pokemon at the lab while being off for a long period of time.

CupidKirby

I'm actually wondering if Raboot walking away from Go is merely due to its personality changing or if it's actually still upset at Go. I initially assumed it was the latter, but it might very well be the former.

Maybe it's a little bit of both? Scorbunny's personality changed and it just doesn't click with Gou anymore, brought on by their argument. The way the shot was framed was way too dramatic to just be something forgotten later on. Plus we don't see Raboot with Gou in the preview despite Scorbunny always being around him.